All I want for Christmas...
Well, I lucked out. Got a coupon e-mailed to me for 20% off any game software at Circuit City, then as chance would have it I found a Collector's Edition sitting on the shelf. Cost me $63 plus tax, so that's not too shabby.

But oh, what's this? My own zergling, mini Diablo, or panda cub...

Is there any use for these little guys, or are they just for decoration? Does anyone have some screenshots to show? I'd kind of like to know before I decide on this character.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Dec 24 2004, 01:28 PM Wrote:Well, I lucked out.  Got a coupon e-mailed to me for 20% off any game software at Circuit City, then as chance would have it I found a Collector's Edition sitting on the shelf.  Cost me $63 plus tax, so that's not too shabby.

But oh, what's this?  My own zergling, mini Diablo, or panda cub...

Is there any use for these little guys, or are they just for decoration?  Does anyone have some screenshots to show?  I'd kind of like to know before I decide on this character.
[right][snapback]63495[/snapback][/right]

They are pure decoration. With the ability to make 50 chars and how quickly it can be done, just make some junk chars check the pets (each char gets to choose what they want) and then decide for your real char or chars. You can keep the junk guys around or toast them as you see fit.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Zarathustra,Dec 24 2004, 01:28 PM Wrote:Well, I lucked out.  Got a coupon e-mailed to me for 20% off any game software at Circuit City, then as chance would have it I found a Collector's Edition sitting on the shelf.  Cost me $63 plus tax, so that's not too shabby.

But oh, what's this?  My own zergling, mini Diablo, or panda cub...

Is there any use for these little guys, or are they just for decoration?  Does anyone have some screenshots to show?  I'd kind of like to know before I decide on this character.
[right][snapback]63495[/snapback][/right]
Congrats on the luck. :) Yes, they are only for decoration. MiniDiablo likes to cross his arms in front of him and throw flames into the air, complete with sound effects. The first time he pulled that trick on my gnome rogue I was dealing with fire throwing mages and I was really wondering where the add was and why wasn't I getting hurt that badly. :blush: MiniDiablo does not swim. He just slides through the water, same with the zergling. The panda swims. The panda also sleeps. A lot. Sometimes he'll wake up just long enough to move with me and then falls back asleep instantly. It's quite cute. The zergling really doesn't do a whole lot of anything. He'll move a little bit every now and then when he's idle, but I have yet to notice him actually do anything like the panda sleeping or diablo throwing fire. I think I still have a screeny somewhere of my gnome and her diablo. Minidiablo is almost the same size as she is. ;)

Edit: Found it. http://web.umr.edu/~huilman/picts/WoWScr...Diablo.jpg
Intolerant monkey.
I've got a shot of the Zergling (with Snufflenose Gopher buddy riding it) here:
[Image: zergling2wg.jpg]

A shot of Diablo here:
[Image: diablo0tp.jpg]

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

I think Diablo wins of the three simply because of the humor value in his <Lord of Terror> tag ^_^
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Dec 24 2004, 11:52 PM Wrote:I've got a shot of the Zergling (with Snufflenose Gopher buddy riding it) here:
[Image: zergling2wg.jpg]

A shot of Diablo here:
[Image: diablo0tp.jpg]

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

I think Diablo wins of the three simply because of the humor value in his <Lord of Terror> tag ^_^
[right][snapback]63532[/snapback][/right]

I did a double take on what that gopher is doing with that Zergling.

What are you doing, trying to breed hybrid Gophzergs on your ranch there in Azeroth? There's a 4H prospect my dog could do without: chasing a gopher only to run into a can of Zergling whooparse!

Ouch

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete