Horde Centaur quest problems in The Barrens
Regthar Deathgate gives you a whole series of quests dealing with centuar in The Barrens. It has been my experience and others as well that Warlord Krom'zar just doesn't appear like he should. I realize that the quest has been changed in the latest patch currently being tested by the European closed beta testers, but I just thought I would mention it here for any Horde in their late teens and early twenties.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Dec 21 2004, 09:13 AM Wrote:Regthar Deathgate gives you a whole series of quests dealing with centuar in The Barrens.  It has been my experience and others as well that Warlord Krom'zar just doesn't appear like he should.  I realize that the quest has been changed in the latest patch currently being tested by the European closed beta testers, but I just thought I would mention it here for any Horde in their late teens and early twenties.
[right][snapback]63265[/snapback][/right]
Killing all of those invaders certainly gets you a nice supply of wool though. ;) Even with this the trigger problem on this quest, I still enjoy the horde quests more than the alliance quests.
Intolerant monkey.
Gnollguy,Dec 21 2004, 11:13 AM Wrote:Regthar Deathgate gives you a whole series of quests dealing with centuar in The Barrens.  It has been my experience and others as well that Warlord Krom'zar just doesn't appear like he should.  I realize that the quest has been changed in the latest patch currently being tested by the European closed beta testers, but I just thought I would mention it here for any Horde in their late teens and early twenties.
[right][snapback]63265[/snapback][/right]

I've heard that he spawns somewhat more reliably after a server restart - much like Daphne Stillwell over in Westfall for the lvl 20 pally quest.
I think the problem comes when more than one group tries to do the quest at the same time or joins in the killing. A group I was with killed centaurs for an hour without him spawning, but there were other people in the area. The next day, I joined a group and did counterattack with noone else in the area, and everything worked perfectly. It's just a theory on my part, but it's one that makes sense to me. Blizzard needs to make allowances for when multiple groups are in the area.
FYI, the patch did seem to fix the problem with Krom'zar failing to spawn. Or at least the very first time we tried to do it after the patch, he spawned. Killed us rather quickly because we didn't realize he had spawned on top of our heads with all his buddies, but he did spawn.
Intolerant monkey.