What did you buy your "secret santa" recipient?
I'm pretty sure this tradition isn't entirely regional. The "secret santa" deal is where you draw a co-worker's name out of a hat and buy her/him a $10 gift.

What gift did you buy as a "secret santa"?

I bought my co-worker Jason (SHH -- don't tell!) a desktop helicopter launcher. It's a battery powered base that a little plastic helicopter mounts on to. You hold down a button on the base to fire up the little 'copter's rotors and release it to fire the helicopter up into the great blue sky (generic acoustic ceiling tile).
No Secret Santa for me, but I did fulfill a wish-list request from the Christamas tree decorated with gift requests from local schoolchildren.

Apparently, I've granted the wish of a 6-1/2 year old little girl who wanted the Shrek edition of the game of Operation! this year. Brought back memories of my own childhood, as I was about 6 or 7 when I got an Operation! game of my own...

...let me explain something: a child's developing senses of concentration and coordination are a delciate thing. So, what kind of pyscho invented a game that demands intense focus and careful concentration— then punishes your failings of said demands by emitting this sudden, startlingly loud buzz!?

"Careful... careful...steadddyyyyyyyy— AHHHHHHH!"

My experiences with that game lasted all of 10 minutes, and I never touched it again. To this day, my hand-ey coordination is sub-par due to the childhood trauma this game brought me.

It's always nice to further the cycle and share my childhood expeiences with a younger generation. ;)
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
DeeBye,Dec 17 2004, 01:01 AM Wrote:I'm pretty sure this tradition isn't entirely regional.  The "secret santa" deal is where you draw a co-worker's name out of a hat and buy her/him a $10 gift.

I bought my co-worker Jason (SHH -- don't tell!) a desktop helicopter launcher. It's a battery powered base that a little plastic helicopter mounts on to.  You hold down a button on the base to fire up the little 'copter's rotors and release it to fire the helicopter  up into the great blue sky (generic acoustic ceiling tile).
[right][snapback]63018[/snapback][/right]
She is into Angels. So I went to the local Chocolate shoppe where they make little chocolate angels. Some milk and some dark.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

No Secret Santa here but all of my co-workers are getting hand made chocolates. :)
The Offsping: Ignition
A green journal with a picture of a puppy wearing a green toque on the front. So cute.
A bag of chocolates, can't remember what they're called... sunbursts or something. They're like macaroons, but not. If that helps. :lol:
Refrigerator,Dec 18 2004, 01:08 PM Wrote:They're like macaroons, but not.  If that helps.  :lol:
[right][snapback]63115[/snapback][/right]

Mmmmm, macaroons! :)
WWBBD?
DeeBye,Dec 17 2004, 12:01 AM Wrote:I'm pretty sure this tradition isn't entirely regional.  The "secret santa" deal is where you draw a co-worker's name out of a hat and buy her/him a $10 gift.

I bought my co-worker Jason (SHH -- don't tell!) a desktop helicopter launcher. It's a battery powered base that a little plastic helicopter mounts on to.  You hold down a button on the base to fire up the little 'copter's rotors and release it to fire the helicopter  up into the great blue sky (generic acoustic ceiling tile).
[right][snapback]63018[/snapback][/right]

A bottle of Maker's Mark bourbon. Don't worry, it's not a kid.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Dec 18 2004, 09:07 PM Wrote:A bottle of Maker's Mark bourbon.  Don't worry, it's not a kid.

Occhi
[right][snapback]63132[/snapback][/right]
Your assumption that our assumptions would assume such form is assuming that our assumptions fall to a form you would readily assume...

(...clearly I've been playing the Malkavian character in VtM:B for far too long this night...)
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Occhidiangela,Dec 19 2004, 01:07 AM Wrote:A bottle of Maker's Mark bourbon.  Don't worry, it's not a kid.

Occhi

Can I be on your secret santa list?
Rhydderch Hael,Dec 19 2004, 01:29 AM Wrote:Your assumption that our assumptions would assume such form is assuming that our assumptions fall to a form you would readily assume...
(...clearly I've been playing the Malkavian character in VtM:B for far too long this night...)
[right][snapback]63135[/snapback][/right]

I followed that quite nicely, thank you, well done.

Not sure what a VtM:B is, but I expect it is an engrossing game.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Dec 22 2004, 11:57 AM Wrote:I followed that quite nicely, thank you, well done.

Not sure what a VtM:B is, but I expect it is an engrossing game.

Occhi
[right][snapback]63355[/snapback][/right]
Vampire, the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Let's just say that Malks are rather engrossing characters.

It's one of the player classes you can choose to assume at the start— a member of the vampiric clan known as the Malkavians. As you will be told in the course of the game by one person, Malkavians are— interesting.

Of the seven classes you can play in the game, the Malkavian class has its own unique spin on dialog options— ultimately the responses have the same effects as the other clans, but "interpreted" through their inherent madness into rather odd and especially funny ways.
I don't do a secret santa with my coworkers, but I do have one with my siblings and their spouses. This is due to the fact that I have 3 siblings who have been recently married, and now all have had children within the span of 1 year. Gift giving has become much more expensive in both time and money in the last few years, and we decided to do a secret santa for each other (though all the nephews and nieces each get gifts from everyone of course).

I'm giving my brother a 6 month "beer of the month" club membership, as he has little $ to buy his own beer.
Occhidiangela,Dec 19 2004, 01:07 AM Wrote:A bottle of Maker's Mark bourbon.  Don't worry, it's not a kid.

Occhi

You sure about that Occhi, I know when i give bottle of spirits to old friends males & females there seems to be a lot of red faces to show the drinks are warming there cheeks, I think the last time I gave a bottle Crown Royal after the children went to sleep the adults became the children……

Of course playing yattzee with 6 adults that are supposed to play santa clause….. this happened last christmas, the kids woke up and saw there mother’s and father’s playing yattzee…
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]