Class/Race popularity statistics
I've tried to find statistics of the popularity of different races, classes and race/class combinations, but either Blizzard hasn't released such statistics or I'm inept at googling. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me a link to such information. I'm sorry if this topic has already been covered, I used the search feature of these forums, but it was of no help in this case.
Yav,Dec 15 2004, 03:34 PM Wrote:I've tried to find statistics of the popularity of different races, classes and race/class combinations, but either Blizzard hasn't released such statistics or I'm inept at googling. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me a link to such information. I'm sorry if this topic has already been covered, I used the search feature of these forums, but it was of no help in this case.
[right][snapback]62908[/snapback][/right]

At this point Blizzard has not released any statistics of this sort. The only thing I have seen thus far is that the division between races is "roughly equal" according to Community Manager Tyren.
If you use Cosmos, you can do a census on your server. It will give you some of the info you want for the server you're on. I clicked on it out of curiosity as to its function. It took a few minutes to gather the info (it runs a bunch of "who"s) but it was kind of fun to see.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Dec 15 2004, 11:33 PM Wrote:If you use Cosmos, you can do a census on your server.  It will give you some of the info you want for the server you're on.  I clicked on it out of curiosity as to its function. It took a few minutes to gather the info (it runs a bunch of "who"s) but it was kind of fun to see.
[right][snapback]62922[/snapback][/right]

WoW hasn't been released in here yet, and I didn't get to any of the betas. :( I'm just reading about the game while I'm waiting. Would've been interesting to know the popularity of different classes for example. Could some of you that have been playing the game tell me what seem to be the popular classes? Does it vary greatly from server to server?
LochnarITB,Dec 15 2004, 09:33 PM Wrote:If you use Cosmos, you can do a census on your server.  It will give you some of the info you want for the server you're on.  I clicked on it out of curiosity as to its function. It took a few minutes to gather the info (it runs a bunch of "who"s) but it was kind of fun to see.
[right][snapback]62922[/snapback][/right]
These folks are trying to collect the data as well and display it on their web page. See here.
Jini,Dec 16 2004, 05:07 AM Wrote:These folks are trying to collect the data as well and display it on their web page.  See here.
[right][snapback]62937[/snapback][/right]

It's not working for me at least.
Yav,Dec 17 2004, 02:07 AM Wrote:It's not working for me at least.
[right][snapback]63010[/snapback][/right]
Not working for me today either. I'm guessing their bandwidth can't handle the demand.