Hooray for maintenance!
Yay! No longer will I have to login and see my poor gals standing there in their nasty brown underwear. Blizzard apparently has worked out the kinks with displaying the equipment on the character selection screen. I'm glad it's back in and since the servers aren't quite up yet, I thought I'd spend the short time waiting posting this drivel. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Dec 14 2004, 02:12 PM Wrote:Yay!  No longer will I have to login and see my poor gals standing there in their nasty brown underwear.  Blizzard apparently has worked out the kinks with displaying the equipment on the character selection screen.  I'm glad it's back in and since the servers aren't quite up yet, I thought I'd spend the short time waiting posting this drivel. ;)
[right][snapback]62809[/snapback][/right]

:( I liked looking at my redhead in her black bra and panties. ;)
Tal,Dec 14 2004, 12:44 PM Wrote::( I liked looking at my redhead in her black bra and panties. ;)
[right][snapback]62811[/snapback][/right]
I shall tell you what I told people who were complaining about it at the WoW boards - if you want your character to be nekkid at the login screen, then make sure to unequip everything before logging out and you can see your nekkid character again. ;) :P

You silly bugger. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Dec 14 2004, 02:51 PM Wrote:I shall tell you what I told people who were complaining about it at the WoW boards - if you want your character to be nekkid at the login screen, then make sure to unequip everything before logging out and you can see your nekkid character again. ;) :P

You silly bugger. ;)
[right][snapback]62813[/snapback][/right]

But I'm lazy so the peepshow for me is over. ;)
Tal,Dec 14 2004, 02:19 PM Wrote:But I'm lazy so the peepshow for me is over. ;)
[right][snapback]62829[/snapback][/right]
Macro it! ;)

*tries desperately to remember if you can actually do unequips via macro* ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Dec 14 2004, 11:12 AM Wrote:Yay!  No longer will I have to login and see my poor gals standing there in their nasty brown underwear.  Blizzard apparently has worked out the kinks with displaying the equipment on the character selection screen.  I'm glad it's back in and since the servers aren't quite up yet, I thought I'd spend the short time waiting posting this drivel. ;)
[right][snapback]62809[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm, I had just assumed this was deliberately done in the first few days after launch in a feeble attempt to reduce the load on the database servers rather than a bug. I, for one, am glad my wife doesn't have to worry why a nekkid guy is on my computer screen anymore.

Although I must say--my runed copper pants are quite possibly the ugliest piece of clothing I have _ever_ seen. All orange and green mixed together. It was better when I didn't get quite such a view of myself.
vor_lord,Dec 16 2004, 11:27 AM Wrote:Hmmm, I had just assumed this was deliberately done in the first few days after launch in a feeble attempt to reduce the load on the database servers rather than a bug.  I, for one, am glad my wife doesn't have to worry why a nekkid guy is on my computer screen anymore.

Although I must say--my runed copper pants are quite possibly the ugliest piece of clothing I have _ever_ seen.  All orange and green mixed together.  It was better when I didn't get quite such a view of myself.
[right][snapback]62972[/snapback][/right]

It was deliberately done to alleviate the database and as was said it appears Blizzard figured out a way to not have it crush the item database as much. Nothing was said about it being a bug.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
vor_lord,Dec 16 2004, 11:27 AM Wrote:Hmmm, I had just assumed this was deliberately done in the first few days after launch in a feeble attempt to reduce the load on the database servers rather than a bug. 
That's why I didn't call it a bug. I do actually choose my words somewhat carefully when posting in an effort to avoid misunderstandings/misinterpretations like these. ;) Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't. ;) :P

Edit: Reworded it for better communication. :)
Intolerant monkey.
vor_lord,Dec 16 2004, 10:27 AM Wrote:Hmmm, I had just assumed this was deliberately done in the first few days after launch in a feeble attempt to reduce the load on the database servers rather than a bug.  I, for one, am glad my wife doesn't have to worry why a nekkid guy is on my computer screen anymore.

Although I must say--my runed copper pants are quite possibly the ugliest piece of clothing I have _ever_ seen.  All orange and green mixed together.  It was better when I didn't get quite such a view of myself.

What's better is how they show your calves.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Treesh,Dec 16 2004, 12:55 PM Wrote:That's why I didn't call it a bug.  I do actually choose my words somewhat carefully when posting in an effort to avoid misunderstandings/misinterpretations like these.  ;)  Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't.  ;) :P

Edit: Reworded it for better communication. :)
[right][snapback]62979[/snapback][/right]

My apologies for the misunderstanding--sorry to be a 'non-working' case. :blush: When someone tells me my software has a 'kink', I think they are trying to gently suggest I have a bug :unsure:
vor_lord,Dec 17 2004, 12:24 PM Wrote:My apologies for the misunderstanding--sorry to be a 'non-working' case.  :blush: When someone tells me my software has a 'kink', I think they are trying to gently suggest I have a bug  :unsure:
[right][snapback]63051[/snapback][/right]
No need to apologize. You have too many people who are too nice using your software. ;) :D And most people here don't know how careful I try to be when I post. No blood, no foul. :)
Intolerant monkey.