What is up with these people...
If whispering bots are a pain in your neck, type in /options igw. This will ignore whispers from anyone not on your friends list. It won't keep bots from entering public games but, as Blizzard says, that's what level restrictions are for, for now. (You can type /help o for more information on chat options -- they aren't listed via the online Help button.)
Smoketest,Dec 22 2004, 05:08 PM Wrote:If whispering bots are a pain in your neck, type in /options igw. This will ignore whispers from anyone not on your friends list. [right][snapback]63363[/snapback][/right]

Thanks ! That will make a huge difference to me.

I seldom foray into the public games. But on those occasions I have found myself added to the 'friends' list of some people who have the unfortunate habit of over-using the /f m command, leaving me spammed with messages like:

"How many Ists should I pay for an Occy?"

This has made me loathe to join public games, lest the spammng get worse. And I do know that there are good people out there, lost in the limbo of public gaming.

And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Occhidiangela,Dec 22 2004, 08:50 AM Wrote:As to drop/scroll/trigger hacking: It happened to me often enough, about  half a dozen times when I was concentrating on a monster and before the (CLIENT SIDE???) TP timer, that I stopped playing HC.  I don't mind watching my back, I do mind that the cheats were not fixed.
[right][snapback]63341[/snapback][/right]

Indeed, drop hacking was also one of the reasons to stop playing for me. I don't really mind your run out of the mill pk'ers, but those people have the nerve to attack my computer like that! Unforunately, the run out of the mill pk'ers did probaly become drop hackers too by now. :(
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
ShadowHM,Dec 22 2004, 03:51 PM Wrote:Thanks !  That will make a huge difference to me.

I seldom foray into the public games.  But on those occasions I have found myself added to the 'friends' list of some people who have the unfortunate habit of over-using the /f m command, leaving me spammed with messages like:

"How many Ists should I pay for an Occy?"
This has made me loathe to join public games, lest the spammng get worse.  And I do know that there are good people out there, lost in the limbo of public gaming.
[right][snapback]63373[/snapback][/right]

And for your typing pleasure, you may also type /o igw. :) It's only a few letters, but I'd be inclined to always turn it on per online logon.

And yes, death to /f m spammers. Some friends, really. -_-
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Occhidiangela,Dec 22 2004, 09:50 AM Wrote:As to drop/scroll/trigger hacking: It happened to me often enough, about  half a dozen times when I was concentrating on a monster and before the (CLIENT SIDE???) TP timer, that I stopped playing HC.  I don't mind watching my back, I do mind that the cheats were not fixed.
[right][snapback]63341[/snapback][/right]

What do you mean by a Client Side TP Timer? Are you referring to the inability to take Town Portals when you Hostile?

Because I have not played this game for a long time, I can't seem to remember what happens when Hostile. I know the TP’s of everyone your not [friendly] with become inaccessible, but what of your own TP's or those of allies? Does your TP disappear? Can you enter yours or an allies TP all while hostile or maybe there’s a [timer]?

It seems to me that if town portals cast by yourself or your allies prior to going hostile disappear or cannot be clicked on after initiating a hostility (at least until you un-hostile), then the TP restriction would be Server-Side, causing Realm Down from packet manipulation.

However, if yours or your allies portal town portal is restricted only by a timer, then based on the knowledge that the World Stone delay is client-side, it can be surmised the TP timer is also. I can see the problems associated from PK’ers utilizing a TP timer bypass, however I have yet to see someone hostile then immediately show up threw their own or an allies portal. I really don’t think it’s a concern, as least not so much as seeing a slew of Bone Spear flying towards you and then a TP suddenly popping up.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
From the read here - looks like some of you folks may want to visit the following

www.theamazonbasin.com

You won't find the kind of gaming described here in The Basin. No PKs, no idiots, no rushes, no trading needed. Just friendly cooperative D2 gaming the way many folks think it should be.

Check it out - the lounge and the Basin have had friendly connections for the three years I've been around. If you like it here - you'll probably want to add the Basin's site to your D2 and other games forum reading.
HAPPY GAMING EVERYONE!!

Amazon Basin Moderator
AB Reveler Leader

East Realm

"Buzzards gotta eat - same as worms" (spit)
Zerathorn,Feb 25 2005, 02:10 PM Wrote:From the read here - looks like some of you folks may want to visit the following

www.theamazonbasin.com
You won't find the kind of gaming described here in The Basin.  No PKs, no idiots, no rushes, no trading needed.  Just friendly cooperative D2 gaming the way many folks think it should be. 

Check it out - the lounge and the Basin have had friendly connections for the three years I've been around.  If you like it here - you'll probably want to add the Basin's site to your D2 and other games forum reading.
[right][snapback]69034[/snapback][/right]
Another thing, if you absolutely INSIST on playing on the realms, be friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, oh wait thats the scout law...

I did that once and got a Skin of the Vipermagi and Arachnid Mesh for free, simply because I talked to the guy and had an interesting conversation. I also made mention of that I was looking for those items. He said "It's a relief not to hear 'ned freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' or 'gime plz' or 'who rush 4 fre'". Wonderful way to make friends online too.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
Archon_Wing,Dec 13 2004, 05:55 PM Wrote:I think people who cheat will always cheat.
[right][snapback]62762[/snapback][/right]

Ain't that the sad truth. I think cheaters find justification to their cheating threw their lack of interest in the game they play. I often wonder how many Lurkers once use to cheat and then reformed, or possibly currently cheat on occasion but keep that side of their personality private from these forums.

To the original poster: try joining Amazon Basin games. You will find people of a like-mind who want to help you and want to play legitly.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Occhidiangela,Dec 22 2004, 09:47 AM Wrote:1.  Squelch button.
6.  Find friends, play with them.  Make a friend, play with him or her.
[right][snapback]63340[/snapback][/right]

After finding some good and reliable friends of like-mind of battle.net, we established our own private channel and often made private games. We use to make muling games where 5-7 of us good friends could mule our items to our other characters in private. And we were always willing to share an item we weren't using with someone who needed it instead of hoarding all of our items on mules.
MEAT,Mar 5 2005, 08:52 AM Wrote:Ain't that the sad truth.  I think cheaters find justification to their cheating threw their lack of interest in the game they play.  I often wonder how many Lurkers once use to cheat and then reformed, or possibly currently cheat on occasion but keep that side of their personality private from these forums.
[right][snapback]69818[/snapback][/right]
Most cheaters don't bother to find justification. Or if they do, its only because they "want to make money", real or simply digital. Those sites that sell items are all cheated and such (d2legit... HAH) and I can barely believe they actually get people to buy stuff, but when you get 300 people buying runes for 5 bucks, thats already 1500 dollars, quite a bit of money (and probably tax free, but I don't know a thing about that). Then the others decide that, oh everyone else is doing it, no reason I shouldn't, or I have to cheat or else everyone else has such an advantage over me.

If you want to make a talley meat, mark me up to the reformed cheaters. I botted (I know its bad, but I lost all my accounts, and I had already made up my mind to quit that day due to the repetetiveness of 1.09) because I didn't spend all day playing and trading, mostly because I suck at trading. I managed to get some nifty stuff and had fun doing it, but playing legit is much more exciting I think. Another funny thing: the bot I used to use now costs money to download, and now there are hacked versions of the bot for free (much to the anger of the creator of the progam--serves him right too). What is this world coming to? Oh wait, I guess its just the spirit of the USA! GO MONEY!
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.