Forum titles
Now with costum forum titles, where do people get their's from?

I picked different types of "loyal followers" for mine.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Mine's slightly self-explanatory.
See you in Town,
-Z
Minionman,Dec 8 2004, 11:02 PM Wrote:Now with costum forum titles, where do people get their's from?

[right][snapback]62278[/snapback][/right]

I tank with style. ;)

Okay. Actually it stems from playing a female paladin for my daughter who always wants her to look "pretty". So I humored her. :)
I couldn't think of anything. If someone can think of something witty and compact that is comprised entirely of words staring with the letter "D", I'd be grateful.

BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
A famous quote by Heraclitus is mine. And yes, as silly as it may sound, I actually do know Ancient Greek!

It's most commonly translated by 'Everything Changes.'

I'll admit I'm openly an Ancient Greek dork, and have taken a few art history courses covering Greek Art. My user icon is of Laocoon (the priest in the Illiad who warns the Trojans to beware of gift bearing Greeks, before being swallowed into the ocean by snakes sent by the gods to punish him for his interference).

Cheers,

Munk
Dozer,Dec 8 2004, 10:37 PM Wrote:If someone can think of something witty and compact that is  comprised entirely of words staring with the letter "D", I'd be grateful.
[right][snapback]62284[/snapback][/right]

Daringly Dangerous Defender of Deeds Done in Divine Duty.

or Pirate Percy pillaged Port Peiraus, pitifully poking passing pudgy people.

I know, its not D's but its infinitely more cool. What can I say, after writing Dee-Bye's haiku, I couldn't get off the pirate theme. :P

Cheers,

Munk

Munkay,Dec 8 2004, 11:44 PM Wrote:Daringly Dangerous Defender of Deeds Done in Divine Duty.
[right][snapback]62287[/snapback][/right]

<_<
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Dozer,Dec 8 2004, 09:37 PM Wrote:I couldn't think of anything. If someone can think of something witty and compact that is&nbsp; comprised entirely of words staring with the letter "D", I'd be grateful.
[right][snapback]62284[/snapback][/right]

Defender of Dust, donuts, and Detergent.

O.K., it's kind of silly but it sounds sort of cool.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Because I enjoy making fun of such folks. :) I think I'll change it soon though. I'm not the most imaganitive person around.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Old women who speak their minds used to be called "Old Battle Axe" as an epithet. I decided to embrace it. :P
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

I like my shirt.
Meep!
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Over the past few decades, I have probably fired over a million rounds of ammo.

I can do amazing things with guns. I practice a dying artform, the hipshot, aiming with my hands, not my eyes. I can blow heads off of nails and matches, can blast clay ducks out of the sky with a pistol in each hand, with each hand aiming, firing, and destroying independantly. If you take the time to turn your head and look directly at the clay duck, and draw a bead, well, by the time you do that, several have hit the ground. So you stare straight ahead, and let your hands do what they do. It's very zen like. For me, it's therapy. Clears the mind of all conflict. I must focus entirely on the world around me and the flying projectiles that seek and destroy.

And on a slightly related topic, I need to buy a mate for my S&W 500. It's bigger than a battleship, and having a .357 in my off hand... Well, I don't know to say this, but it throws me off balance somehow. The 500 is a big honking cannon. It's the sort of gun that would make Roland the Gunslinger crap his trousers. This gun is absurd. Click and Click.

BTW... NEVER fire one of these with out ear protection!! The sound alone is enough to make a grizzly bear pinch a loaf in panic.

Now I must go and stroke my precious... My love... My all... My PREEECIOUSSSS!
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
I'm broke. :blink:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Doc,Dec 9 2004, 05:36 AM Wrote:Now I must go and stroke my precious... My love... My all... My PREEECIOUSSSS!
[right][snapback]62307[/snapback][/right]

(*tries VERY hard not to make a lewd comment*)

...that'd better be your wife you're talking about...

D'OH!

But seriously. You have an almost disturbing fascination with guns. But I know you're a kind, compassionate Doc, because of your three-legged fox and other household moppets.

Doesn't anybody use sharps anymore? (*eyes fencing foil*)
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Old title that I recieved from on...Jim's DSF Forum I believe, when we were talking and the topic of my name came up. He started naming flavor-text from random cards and I, without anything in front of me, named off the titles of said cards. Extremely geeky yes, but I've got a strange thing about being able to memorize text if it relates to a "thinking" game in some way.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
edit: double post.. Grrrr
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Minionman,Dec 9 2004, 03:02 AM Wrote:Now with costum forum titles, where do people get their's from?

[right][snapback]62278[/snapback][/right]
There's a Swedish progressive rock band called "Pain of Salvation", and they have an album entitled "Remedy Lane." On the first track; "Of two beginnings", the lyrics are:

She is twelve I'm only ten
buried in this soft mountain of pillows
Parents away
She asks me have I been touched
Have I done the thing with anyone yet
Silence - a shy no

When there is nothing
That we'd rather share
Than that bodily warmth if we'd dare
But she's already twelve and I am
Just a child
WARM AND SHY

She's so OLD - already twelve and I am only ten
Than was me, young and free, there and then

Now in this hotel room I lie wondering who I am
Never quite as sure after a life of questioning
Finding out at last that freedom is
A STATE OF MIND
But still not knowing how to get along with this mankind

...finding out at last that freedom is a state of mind...

----
I've had a couple of forum titles on other boards such as "Maestro" (reference to Seinfeld) and "Carebear with fangs" (reference to Buffy).
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Count Duckula,Dec 9 2004, 02:10 AM Wrote:(*tries VERY hard not to make a lewd comment*)

...that'd better be your wife you're talking about...
D'OH!
But seriously. You have an almost disturbing fascination with guns. But I know you're a kind, compassionate Doc, because of your three-legged fox and other household moppets.

Doesn't anybody use sharps anymore? (*eyes fencing foil*)
[right][snapback]62318[/snapback][/right]

I am the kind compassionate man that I am because of guns. Shooting. Gets all the negative vibes out of my system. It's a lot better to blast an object then to blast human beings. Heck, if I didn't get it out of my system, I probably would go around shooting people full of holes.

All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
... because I am.
- SoulEdge -
"*burp* too many pots, I need to pee..."