Skinning bug
I first choose to learn Skinning, after that I dislearned it, and now each time I find a body witch is skinnable, Im still getting the option to Skin (change of mouse pointer) quite annoying because you think it has lood :/. Tried if I could still skin with no Skill but DID have skinning knive, it tries to skin but wont work
That happens even when you've never trained skinning to begin with (ditto mining and the pick, and herbalism and the... plant... thingy). I think it's working as intended.
stabby,Dec 8 2004, 12:34 PM Wrote:That happens even when you've never trained skinning to begin with (ditto mining and the pick, and herbalism and the... plant... thingy).  I think it's working as intended.
[right][snapback]62191[/snapback][/right]

Never noticed it with skinning though, absolutly never
stabby,Dec 8 2004, 06:34 AM Wrote:That happens even when you've never trained skinning to begin with (ditto mining and the pick, and herbalism and the... plant... thingy).  I think it's working as intended.
[right][snapback]62191[/snapback][/right]
Actually, if you've never trained in skinning and don't have a skinning knife, the mouse pointer doesn't change for skinnable corpses. I haven't tested to see if it does it if you have a skinning knife, but never actually learned skinning in the first place.
Intolerant monkey.
Well, I finally bothered to see if having a skinning knife made a difference and no, it doesn't. If you have never learned skinning, the mouse cursor doesn't change, with or without a knife, so IKKE definitely has a bit of a bug going on.

Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Dec 11 2004, 12:11 AM Wrote:Well, I finally bothered to see if having a skinning knife made a difference and no, it doesn't.  If you have never learned skinning, the mouse cursor doesn't change, with or without a knife, so IKKE definitely has a bit of a bug going on.
[right][snapback]62536[/snapback][/right]
\

its like this : I HAD the skill, I unlearned it, and now I STILL get the skinning cursor change (not that I'm able to skin anymore) but it still changes
Treesh,Dec 10 2004, 08:59 AM Wrote:Actually, if you've never trained in skinning and don't have a skinning knife, the mouse pointer doesn't change for skinnable corpses.  I haven't tested to see if it does it if you have a skinning knife, but never actually learned skinning in the first place.
[right][snapback]62491[/snapback][/right]

Well, either it does now or I have the same bug. My new dwarven priest has trained in Engineering and Min, and does not have a skinning knife (mining pick & blacksmith hammer though), yet sees the 'skinnable' tag on dead critters.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
IKKE,Jan 4 2005, 07:45 AM Wrote:\
its like this : I HAD the skill, I unlearned it, and now I STILL get the skinning cursor change (not that I'm able to skin anymore) but it still changes
[right][snapback]64274[/snapback][/right]
Yes and I was supporting the fact that it is a bug. I was correcting stabby who said the cursor changes even if you haven't ever learned the skill. So the behavior you are seeing after unlearning skinning is not the same behavior as if you've never taken skinning, which was your initial point and what stabby was refuting.
Intolerant monkey.
WarLocke,Jan 4 2005, 08:17 AM Wrote:Well, either it does now or I have the same bug.  My new dwarven priest has trained in Engineering and Min, and does not have a skinning knife (mining pick & blacksmith hammer though), yet sees the 'skinnable' tag on dead critters.
[right][snapback]64278[/snapback][/right]
The tag always shows up (and always has since open beta) but the cursor does not change. He's talking about the cursor itself changing, not just seeing the tag.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Jan 4 2005, 09:19 AM Wrote:The tag always shows up (and always has since open beta) but the cursor does not change.  He's talking about the cursor itself changing, not just seeing the tag.
[right][snapback]64281[/snapback][/right]

Ah, my mistake then. Nothing to see here, move along. :unsure:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Treesh,Jan 4 2005, 07:18 AM Wrote:Yes and I was supporting the fact that it is a bug.  I was correcting stabby who said the cursor changes even if you haven't ever learned the skill.  So the behavior you are seeing after unlearning skinning is not the same behavior as if you've never taken skinning, which was your initial point and what stabby was refuting.
[right][snapback]64279[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like a bug, but doesn't happen in all instances. I used skinning for awhile (for early game cash, switched to enchanting later) but I do NOT see the cursor change to the skinning icon when viewing a skinnable corpse. I do not, however, have a skinning knife, but I will try to see if that happens when I do have a skinning knife. I do know that the icon changes for skinners without a knife, so I don't think the game checks for presence of knife. I will try to test that later by buying a knife and viewing a skinnable corpse.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight