New Small Patch
There's a new patch available today, whose sole purpose according to the patch notes is:

Removed time zone tabs from realm list for U.S., all servers now appear in one list.

And yet, it's a 11 MB file. It looks like the patch file one downloads is a combination of the new patch plus the previous at-release patch that we had already downloaded and installed.

May your character not have been stealth nerfed by this change. :)
So, Blizzard finally realized that people will pick servers based on their geographic location, and thus create an imbalance in the number of players on certain servers? :)

Anyway, further proof of how meaningless geography is on the Net - it's all about pipelines and hops, nothing more. This is a good change by Blizzard. I'm sure they're going to implement a system that tries to "sort" incoming players onto less-congested servers by giving recommendations to newcomers.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Dec 7 2004, 11:40 PM Wrote:So, Blizzard finally realized that people will pick servers based on their geographic location, and thus create an imbalance in the number of players on certain servers?  :)

Anyway, further proof of how meaningless geography is on the Net - it's all about pipelines and hops, nothing more.  This is a good change by Blizzard.  I'm sure they're going to implement a system that tries to "sort" incoming players onto less-congested servers by giving recommendations to newcomers.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]62173[/snapback][/right]

Had an argument in General with a particularly ignorant moron over this very subject. Apparently the number of miles the signals have to travel exponentially increases lag.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.