Mozilla: The Thunderbird has landed!
The The Mozilla Organization has just announced the final 1.0 Release Version of their E-Mail Client Thunderbird!

Quote:Thunderbird 1.0 has landed!

Thunderbird 1.0 is Mozilla’s next generation e-mail client. Thunderbird makes emailing safer, faster, and easier than ever before with the industry’s best implementations of features such as intelligent spam filters, saved search folders, builtin RSS support, privacy protection and much more.
In combination with Mozilla's Firefox Web Browser, you have now a well functioning, secure (and free) alternative to M$'s browser and e-mail client.

Mozilla products are available in 26 languages, for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I've been using Thunderbird 0.6 for quite a while, and I love it. It's much better than Outlook Express. Time to upgrade to 1.0, methinks.
I just removed firefox browser tonight , had much less hassle with IE I'm afraid . I had problems which their forums could'nt be bothered to answer from months ago , finally got fed up and removed it :(
Take care
nobbie,Dec 7 2004, 03:00 AM Wrote:The The Mozilla Organization has just announced the final 1.0 Release Version of their E-Mail Client Thunderbird!
In combination with Mozilla's Firefox Web Browser, you have now a well functioning, secure (and free) alternative to M$'s browser and e-mail client.

Mozilla products are available in 26 languages, for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
[right][snapback]62106[/snapback][/right]

Some might find these interesting:
Portable Firefox
Portable Thunderbird

I got a USB drive a couple of weeks ago and loaded both of these on there. Now when I visit my parents (or my wife's parents) I just plug it in and I have my browser and email already set up. It's kind of handy.
Raven Vale,Dec 7 2004, 07:23 PM Wrote:I just removed firefox browser tonight , had much less hassle with IE I'm afraid . I had problems which their forums could'nt be bothered to answer from months ago , finally got fed up and removed it :(
[right][snapback]62156[/snapback][/right]
I am developing web based applications and we use Fiirefox, Opera, and IE to test our work. Generally, I use Firefox as my primary browser, but occasionally I find web sites that are not W3C compliant that are only viewable with IE. I chalk that up to poorly designed HTML, and coincidently most Micro$oft sites will not work with alternative browsers.

It is a major PITA that some organizations cannot be bothered with following the industry standards. It makes development that much slower.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Dec 8 2004, 07:48 AM Wrote:I am developing web based applications and we use Fiirefox, Opera, and IE to test our work.  Generally, I use Firefox as my primary browser, but occasionally I find web sites that are not W3C compliant that are only viewable with IE.  I chalk that up to poorly designed HTML, and coincidently most Micro$oft sites will not work with alternative browsers.

It is a major PITA that some organizations cannot be bothered with following the industry standards.  It makes development that much slower.
[right][snapback]62201[/snapback][/right]

Aye. And major sites like Yahoo also couldn't be bothered to properly write a webpage. Many people think there's only Internet Explorer and everything else is "Netscape". It will take a while.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)