Profession Trainers
Since WoW is so vast, it would take an army to comb through the whole world, discovering its secrets, in any short period of time. Thus, I call upon the players of the LL to aid me in a little pet project of mine.

I am building a few reference guides, one of which happens to be on Profession Trainers. It's a simple little chart, detailing what Profession trainers there are, what levels they train, and just who and where they are. What I need from the people of the LL is simple:

Anytime you see a Profession Trainer, talk to them and jot down the following:
1) What profession.
2) ALL levels they train up to, not just the highest.
3) What their name is.
4) Where they are located (exact locations not required, but could prove useful; for now, I'm narrowing it down to major geographical areas, i.e. "Stormwind, Elwynn Forest, Eastern Kingdoms".
5) Normal training, or training via a special book.
6) Cost of training for each level (in monetary terms).

The last two are optional, but would prove helpful.

Your help on this is greatly appreciated. I hope to make up a little chart for people to use whenever they want to find a trainer.

Another pet project of mine is a Fishing guide, detailing all the places one can fish, what goodies they can retrieve, what skill level they must have in order to fish their, and the selling price of reeled in goods. If anyone wants to help me on that, let me know, but for now, I'm more concerned with the Profession Trainer guide.

Thanks in advance to all those who participate. :)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Ok. I've combed all of Stormwind and Goldshire, to the best of my knowledge, and gleaned all the trainers from their housings. Also, I had records from my beta experiences in Booty Bay, so that, too, should be 100% covered. Feel free to add any you have found even from those places, but to avoid redundancy, I'll list the names of all those I have found so that if you've found trainers in any of those towns, you can cross them off the list of "To Be Found".

For Goldshire, Stormwind, and Booty Bay:
Tel'Athir
Lilyssia Nightbreeze
Jaxin Chong
Dane Lindgren
Therum Deepforge
Borgus Steelhand
Tomas
Betty Quin
Lucan Cordell
Kitta Firewind
Sprite Jumpsprocket
Lilliam Sparkspindle
Michelle Belle
Shaina Fuller
Arnold Leland
Lee Brown
Shylamiir
Adele Fielder
Randal Worth
Simon Tanner
Gelman Stonehand
Helene Peltskinner
Maris Granger
Lawrence Schneider
Sellandus
Grarnik Goodstitch
Georgio Bolero
Jalane Ayrole

That's all I have listed thus far. I also have a listing of "Master" profession trainers, most of which are from Booty Bay, but I don't know exactly where they go. I believe they go under Expert, but I don't have sufficient testing to prove this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brikk Keencraft
Old Man Heming
Flore Silverwind - listed as "Superior", not "Master". Still no clue what level she trains.

Once again, thanks for any input. Please, don't be shy about adding to the list! I need ALL the help I can get. :D At some point I'd like to make a post detailing everything, but for now formatting issues restrict me from doing so.

Good luck hunting! :)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Roland,Dec 3 2004, 11:59 PM Wrote:6) Cost of training for each level (in monetary terms).
[right][snapback]61866[/snapback][/right]
Wouldn't this be zero? Do some profession trainers charge for doing so? I thought you just needed to max the previous level to train for the next.

I had a list of trainers put together tonight. I was flipping between the game and notepad to record the info. WoW crashed hard and I could only exit with a shutdown. List went away. :angry: It turns out you had the info already anyway. It was for all of Stormwind. :huh:

Oh well. I'll try again with other areas I am moving into.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Good idea , wont fishing be put on hold for a while until Blizzard decides to put it back in for higher levels , from what I understand , these have been taken away until they can fix the bottting thats occuring in high level areas and using their ill gotten gains on e-bay to make money .

This Book you buy at Booty Bay from Old Man Hemming at the cost of 1 Gold .

Expert Fishing - The Bass and You
Requires Fishing (125)
Use: Teaches you how to be an Expert Fisherman, allowing a maximum of 225 fishing skill.
Sells for 25 Silver to vendors

Hope that helps
Take care
The Alliance cookbook that lets you get Expert Cooking is in Ashenvale. It's bought for 1 gold from Shandrila in the Silverwind Refuge.
This kind of list is only helpful if you know what kind of trainer it is and what level. For everything journeyman or lower you can find the trainer by asking a guard. What is helpful to know is how to find the next level of a given profession such as expert and artisan trainers. Those are the trainers that are difficult to find.
Raven Vale,Dec 4 2004, 04:26 AM Wrote:Good idea , wont fishing be put on hold for a while until Blizzard decides to put it back in for higher levels , from what I understand , these have been taken away until they can fix the bottting thats occuring in high level areas and using their ill gotten gains on e-bay to make money.

People made fishing bots with which to make money? Gee who'da thunk it?

I can't check it out with my character right now, but if someone with an alliance character wants to check them out to get all the details, here they are:

Artisan fishing trainer: He hangs out on one of those small rock-islands south of Theremore. He gives you a quest to fish up several (four?) different types of fish from various locations, and if you succeed, you'll get the artisan fishing book.

Artisan first aid trainer: He hangs out in the fortress infirmary Theremore. He asks you to do a triage quest right then and there, where you have to bandage injured theremore guards and save like a dozen guards. If four (?) of them die before you do that, you lose and have to start over. If you succeed, you get the artisan first aid book.
LochnarITB,Dec 4 2004, 06:24 AM Wrote:Wouldn't this be zero?  Do some profession trainers charge for doing so?  I thought you just needed to max the previous level to train for the next.

I had a list of trainers put together tonight.  I was flipping between the game and notepad to record the info.  WoW crashed hard and I could only exit with a shutdown.  List went away.  :angry:  It turns out you had the info already anyway.  It was for all of Stormwind.  :huh:

Oh well.  I'll try again with other areas I am moving into.
[right][snapback]61877[/snapback][/right]

1) Some profession trainers sell books in order to increase your level (i.e. from Journeyman to Expert). This costs money (1g for Fishing, IIRC). I don't know if the money changes per profession, per level, etc. so I need that information as well.

2) Windowed mode is your friend. I know this, because it's the only way I can play the game. Well, I can PLAY it in FS mode, but I can't START it in FS mode. Long story short, Blizzard is pissing me off about this bug. :P But anyway...
Roland *The Gunslinger*
I've mostly only been in the Lakeshire/Redridge Mountains for a while so this is all I have:

Code:
alma janerose           herbalism trainer          artisan                lakeshire
crystal boughman        cooking trainer            journeyman             "
matthew hooper          fishing trainer            ?                      "
wilma ranthal           skinning trainer           app,jou,exp,art        redridge mountains (88,71)
None of these indicated a price or a book requirement.

[edit1]
Code:
eldrin                  journeyman tailor          apprentice             elwynn forest (79,69)
kitta firewind          artisan enchanter          ?                      elwynn, tower of azora (64,70)
alchemist mallory       journeyman tailor          ?                      elwynn forest (39,47)
herbalist palmeroy      herbalism trainer          artisan                "              "

[edit2]
This is somewhat pointless since you can ask a guard but I gathered what info I could for Ironforge:
Code:
jemma quikswitch          journeyman engineer        apprentice             ironforge (67,43)
trixie quikswitch         expert engineer            ?                      "
springspindle fizzlegear  artisan engineer           ?                      "
tally berryfizz           expert alchemist           ?                      ironforge (66,55)
vosur brakthel            journeyman alchemist       ?                      "
grimnur stonebrand        fishing trainer            ?                      ironforge (48,6)
daryl riknussun           cooking trainer            journeyman             ironforge (59,36)
thonys pillarstone        journeyman enchanter       apprentice             ironforge (60,45)
gimble thistlefuzz        expert enchanter           ?                      "
reyna stonebranch         herbalism trainer          artisan                ironforge (55,59)
nissa firestone           first aid trainer          ?                      "
gretta finespindle        journeyman leatherworker   apprentice             ironforge (39,32)
fimble finespindle        expert leatherworker       ?                      "
balthus stoneflayer       skinning trainer           app,jou,exp,art        "
geofram bouldertoe        mining trainer             app,jou,exp,art        ironforge (50,26)
uthrar threx              journeyman tailor          apprentice             ironforge (43,28)
jormund stonebrow         expert tailor              ?                      "
groum stonebeard          journeyman blacksmith      apprentice             ironforge (51,42)
rotgath stonebeard        expert blacksmith          ?                      "
bengus deepforge          artisan blacksmith         ?                      "
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Dec 6 2004, 12:12 AM Wrote:I've mostly only been in the Lakeshire/Redridge Mountains for a while so this is all I have:

Code:
alma janerose           herbalism trainer          artisan                lakeshire
crystal boughman        cooking trainer            journeyman             "
matthew hooper          fishing trainer            ?                      "
wilma ranthal           skinning trainer           app,jou,exp,art        redridge mountains (88,71)
None of these indicated a price or a book requirement.
[right][snapback]62022[/snapback][/right]
The herbalism and skinning won't. For cooking and fishing, you can train as normal (no charge) for apprentice and journeyman. In order to become an expert in cooking or fishing or first aid (the secondary professions), you must purchase a book (usually for 1 gold). In order to become an artisan in those secondary professions, you must complete a quest. Primary professions don't require this. You can train them as normal.

Edit: And the books are not available from every trainer. They are usually only available on 1 or 2 trainers per faction.
Intolerant monkey.
While passing through Thunder Bluff recently, I took note of this:

Brek Stonehoof, located in Stonehoof Geology, teaches all four ranks of Mining, and teaches most (all?) Mining recipies, all the way to Thorium Bars.

The Fishing Trainer in TB also teaches all four ranks of Fishing.

I'll update with detailed information next time I'm in TB.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Horde

Alchemy
Artisan: Undercity (Apothecarium)
Master: Swamp of Sorrows (Unconfirmed)

Blacksmithing
Artisan: Orgrimmar
Master: Booty Bay

Enchanting
Artisan: Sun Rock Retreat
Master: Uldaman (Unconfirmed)

Engineering
Master: Gadgetzan
Master Goblin: Gadgetzan
Master Gnomish: Gadgetzan (Seeing a pattern here?)

Herbalism
Any major city

Leatherworking
Artisan: Thunder Bluff

Mining
Any major city

Skinning
check your local big city:)

Tailoring
Master: Tarren Mill
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
Artega,Dec 11 2004, 08:22 PM Wrote:Dug around on the WoW forums, and came up with this:

Unfortunately Artega, much of the position of the weapons trainers is way out date and listing position from the closed beta and are not current. The various weapons trainers in each main city have been folded into a single individual that is "usually" positioned in a vendor weapon shop.

For example, in Stormwind the master weapon trainer is located in the weapon shop that is on the north side of the central square of the trade district. The various other weapon trainers in the city have been removed. To locate the postion of the weapon trainer in each city just consult a guard and have them mark on your map where the master weapon trainer for that city is located.

The cities that you have listed for each of the weapon classes should still be correct, it is just that the training is all at one individual now and not spread all over the city.

Quote:Profession Trainers

Most major cities have a basic trainer in each profession. Ask your friendly city guard for directions :-)

All trainers can train you in all levels uptil their title. So a Journeyman trainer can train you in Apprentice and Journeyman, An Expert trainer can train you in Apprentice, Journeyman and Expert etc.

Correction: The profession trainers will only train you up to one skill rank lower than what their title lists for them. A Journeyman will only train you for Apprentice ability and Apprentice formulas. An Expert will only train you for the Journeyman rank (if your skill is high enough, otherwise they teach you nothing and send you to the trainer listed as Journeyman) and will teach you the apprentice and journeyman formulas. Similar with the Artisan teaching the Expert rank and formulas up to Expert. Again the same with needing the Master Trainer to learn the Artisan rank and whatever Artisan formulas that they may teach (many artisan formulas are only available to be learned from scrolls from vendors or drops). This applies to the professions of Blacksmithing, Engineering, Leatherworking, Alchemy, Tailoring and Enchanting. The locations for each of these trainers you listed are I think correct, but could stand to be confirmed. There are also some other low rank (journeyman) trainers that you do not have listed. These are usually in certain key areas to allow some races at least some access to there skills early in the game. For example there are Journeyman Blacksmith and Engineer located in Auberdine (Darkshore) to give the nightelves some access to there skills in the earlier levels.

The Gathering skills of Mining, Herbalism and Skinning will just have one trainer type that can teach all levels of profession from apprentice to artisan. These trainers are usually located near the Journeyman and Expert trainers that depend on their materials.

The Secondary skills of Fishing, Cooking and First Aid are set up so that the trainers will teach the character Apprentice and Journeyman ranks that will allow the player to get up to skills of 150 in each of these. To get the Expert rank (upto 225 skill) in these professions, the player needs to locate the vendor that sells a book that will teach the Expert rank (book base price is 1 gold for each of these). For First Aid the bandages after the Silk ones will need to purchase scrolls or find on scrolls from drops. The artisan rank in these 3 skills is obtained by completing a quest for each the skills.

Ruvanal,Dec 11 2004, 11:33 PM Wrote:Unfortunately Artega, much of the position of the weapons trainers is way out date and listing position from the closed beta and are not current.  The various weapons trainers in each main city have been folded into a single individual that is "usually" positioned in a vendor weapon shop. 

For example, in Stormwind the master weapon trainer is located in the weapon shop that is on the north side of the central square of the trade district.  The various other weapon trainers in the city have been removed.  To locate the postion of the weapon trainer in each city just consult a guard and have them mark on your map where the master weapon trainer for that city is located.

The cities that you have listed for each of the weapon classes should still be correct, it is just that the training is all at one individual now and not spread all over the city.
Correction:  The profession trainers will only train you up to one skill rank lower than what their title lists for them.  A Journeyman will only train you for Apprentice ability and Apprentice formulas.  An Expert will only train you for the Journeyman rank (if your skill is high enough, otherwise they teach you nothing and send you to the trainer listed as Journeyman) and will teach you the apprentice and journeyman formulas.  Similar with the Artisan teaching the Expert rank and formulas up to Expert.  Again the same with needing the Master Trainer to learn the Artisan rank and whatever Artisan formulas that they may teach (many artisan formulas are only available to be learned from scrolls from vendors or drops).  This applies to the professions of Blacksmithing, Engineering, Leatherworking, Alchemy, Tailoring and Enchanting.  The locations for each of these trainers you listed are I think correct, but could stand to be confirmed.  There are also some other low rank (journeyman) trainers that you do not have listed.  These are usually in certain key areas to allow some races at least some access to there skills early in the game.  For example there are Journeyman Blacksmith and Engineer located in Auberdine (Darkshore) to give the nightelves some access to there skills in the earlier levels.

The Gathering skills of Mining, Herbalism and Skinning will just have one trainer type that can teach all levels of profession from apprentice to artisan.  These trainers are usually located near the Journeyman and Expert trainers that depend on their materials.

The Secondary skills of Fishing, Cooking and First Aid are set up so that the trainers will teach the character Apprentice and Journeyman ranks that will allow the player to get up to skills of 150 in each of these.  To get the Expert rank (upto 225 skill) in these professions, the player needs to locate the vendor that sells a book that will teach the Expert rank (book base price is 1 gold for each of these).  For First Aid the bandages after the Silk ones will need to purchase scrolls or find on scrolls from drops.  The artisan rank in these 3 skills is obtained by completing a quest for each the skills.
[right][snapback]62618[/snapback][/right]

I am aware of the changes. That is a direct copy-paste for people who didn't want to bother with a link.
Artega,Dec 12 2004, 02:18 AM Wrote:I am aware of the changes.  That is a direct copy-paste for people who didn't want to bother with a link.
[right][snapback]62625[/snapback][/right]

As one of the replys noted,
Tago:
Quote:" Wow Zalbar, that's some seriously out-of-date information you've posted. Might try to keep up on things."
So in your case, if you knew it was not correct, why did you present as such without fixing what you knew was incorrect or at least make a good note right at the beginning tht it was bad info? There forums tend toward trying to provide good solid information, not casually tossing out known bad inforation like this.

Some of the readers here are expecting that what is posted it the best that is known at the time. They are not going to go around and double check for some of what is effectively bad gossip. It would be helpful in a case like this that when you present what is copied from someone elses post that you do something like put it inside of quote tags the way I did with a portion of that reply. It helps to seperate and make note that the information is just something tha is being direct copied form another source and not your own processed work.
Would you rather I not post it at all, then?

Roland asked for locations of profession trainers, and it's right there, even if the information is a little dated. I'm running checks on the Horde trainers, and it would be great if someone could do the same for Alliance.
Artega,Dec 12 2004, 04:28 PM Wrote:Would you rather I not post it at all, then?

Roland asked for locations of profession trainers, and it's right there, even if the information is a little dated.  I'm running checks on the Horde trainers, and it would be great if someone could do the same for Alliance.
[right][snapback]62688[/snapback][/right]
I've got to agree with Ruvanal here. I would rather see nothing than see inaccuracies that are not well noted as such. That's the best thing about these forums - the accuracy, depth, and detail of the posts. If I want to read a bunch of gossip and the blind leading the blind, I go read elsewhere. For me, the Lounge is the definitive source of information in the games it covers and I would like to see it stay that way.
Intolerant monkey.
I think we can easily use this as a good starting point to verify the locations.
As a tailor/enchanter, I'll verify what I can from the list.

Here are confirmed locations from release (there may be more):

Tailoring
Artisan:Stormwind
Expert:Stormwind, Ironforge
Journeyman: Ironforge, Stormwind
Master: Theramore Island

Enchanting
Artisan: Elwynn Forest (Tower of Azora)
Journeyman: Ironforge, Stormwind (close to mage quarter)
Expert: Stormwind, Ironforge
Master: Uldaman (within instance, near bats)
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
It's been a while since there have been responses to this thread. How has the compilation been coming along, Roland? I think a list like this would be a fantastic and pinnable resource to have. What do you have so far and is there anything more that you need?
They beat you to it.