Druid Fighting Techniques
I'm playing a level 17 Night Elf Druid and I'm looking for other peoples input on how they play the class.

Currently in a typical battle I use a Wrath to pull the mob, cast an Entangling Roots as it moves towards me, hit it with another Wrath, cast Moonfire, and then finish it off in bear form.

I can usually manage mobs 1- 2 levels above me this way.

What are you other Druids doing?

-DarkCrown
DarkCrown,Dec 1 2004, 01:52 PM Wrote:I'm playing a level 17 Night Elf Druid and I'm looking for other peoples input on how they play the class.

Currently in a typical battle I use a Wrath to pull the mob, cast an Entangling Roots as it moves towards me, hit it with another Wrath, cast Moonfire, and then finish it off in bear form.

I can usually manage mobs 1- 2 levels above me this way.

What are you other Druids doing?

-DarkCrown
[right][snapback]61678[/snapback][/right]

My standard is close to that; I pull with Wrath and zap with Moonfire during Wrath's time-to-target period. I may cast another Wrath if time permits, otherwise it's straight to melee. During melee, I stay in caster form, making sure there's always a Moonfire and Rejuvenation going. This style favors a faster weapon, as you lose less weapon strike time when you're Moonfire/Rejuving. I try to keep casting to "bursts", casting Moonfire and Rejuv in quick succession, to maximize the mana regeneration in between cycles.

This works quite well if you spend the talents on Moonfire enhancements. I'm planning a Balance/Restoration build with my main character at this point, so I'll most likely stick with my current tactics for quite a while.

Eventually, pulling with Starfire becomes more attractive for the front-loaded damage. I've always been too lazy to use it, though. :)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla