A Call for Content!
The game's been out a week. You've had your grace period, and it's time to put on your Lurker Lounge hats and get cracking! As you're playing, start thinking about things that you might like to write about. They can range from full strategy guides to small tactics to use in a given situation. Don't be shy. You have knowledge that people want. Get ready to share!

Some ideas:
  • Class guides. Obviously full class guides would be great, but also specialty guides for levels 1-20, for example, would be helpful. It's OK if we have more than one guide for a given class, because readers will benefit from the perspective of multiple people. You've probably seen in the strategy forum that Lissa and I have very different takes on the priest, for example.
    <>
  • Region and instance dungeon guides. Take your favorite region, the more strange and out of the way the better, and detail everything about it. Where does one find various quest NPC's, odd vendors, quest mobs or quest items. Or are there some strange things do you have to do to deal with a certain area? Thottbot can assist you while making the guide, but remember that the Thotbott database isn't complete and that there are certain pieces of advice that only a human can give. As for instance dungeons, explore side passages and see if there are any special out-of-the-way mobs or events that most people don't know about and tend to bypass as they go directly to the end boss.
    <>
  • Trade profession guides. Write up a profession and give some advice to aspiring engineers, enchanters, blacksmiths, tailors, etc. What's the fastest and cheapest way to skill up in one's profession? Where are good places to find the raw materials for one's profession? What items tend to be "in demand" and can be sold for a profit at the auction house?
    <>
  • Journals. They don't have to be as long or illustrated as the Adventures of Neriad series. Just talk about your experiences and what you tried and found. Basically, anything that made you stop and say, "Oh, hey, that's neat!" is worthy of being told.
    <>
  • Random stuff like "How to get to level 10 as a human without really trying" (i.e. how to get to level 10 the fastest).<>
    [st]So let's put on our Lurker Lounge hats and start giving this game the full Lurker Lounge treatment!
I'll be writing a guide on an Elemental/Enhancement Shaman after he gets past level 20 and into some of the Contested zones (such as Ashenvale and Stonetalon Mountains), and gets some better skills.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
MongoJerry,Nov 29 2004, 10:37 PM Wrote:The game's been out a week.&nbsp; You've had your grace period, and it's time to put on your Lurker Lounge hats and get cracking!&nbsp; As you're playing, start thinking about things that you might like to write about.&nbsp; They can range from full strategy guides to small tactics to use in a given situation.&nbsp; Don't be shy.&nbsp; You have knowledge that people want.&nbsp; Get ready to share!

Some ideas:
  • <>
  • Class guides.&nbsp; Obviously full class guides would be great, but also specialty guides for levels 1-20, for example, would be helpful.&nbsp; It's OK if we have more than one guide for a given class, because readers will benefit from the perspective of multiple people.&nbsp; You've probably seen in the strategy forum that Lissa and I have very different takes on the priest, for example.

<>
  • Region and instance dungeon guides.&nbsp; Take your favorite region, the more strange and out of the way the better, and detail everything about it.&nbsp; Where does one find various quest NPC's, odd vendors, quest mobs or quest items.&nbsp; Or are there some strange things do you have to do to deal with a certain area?&nbsp; Thottbot can assist you while making the guide, but remember that the Thotbott database isn't complete and that there are certain pieces of advice that only a human can give.&nbsp; As for instance dungeons, explore side passages and see if there are any special out-of-the-way mobs or events that most people don't know about and tend to bypass as they go directly to the end boss.

<>
  • Trade profession guides.&nbsp; Write up a profession and give some advice to aspiring engineers, enchanters, blacksmiths, tailors, etc.&nbsp; What's the fastest and cheapest way to skill up in one's profession?&nbsp; Where are good places to find the raw materials for one's profession?&nbsp; What items tend to be "in demand" and can be sold for a profit at the auction house?

<>
  • Journals.&nbsp; They don't have to be as long or illustrated as the Adventures of Neriad series.&nbsp; Just talk about your experiences and what you tried and found.&nbsp; Basically, anything that made you stop and say, "Oh, hey, that's neat!" is worthy of being told.

<>
  • Random stuff like "How to get to level 10 as a human without really trying" (i.e. how to get to level 10 the fastest).
    <>
    [st]So let's put on our Lurker Lounge hats and start giving this game the full Lurker Lounge treatment!
    [right][snapback]61568[/snapback][/right]

I take it that stories are suitable content? :)

Writing a guide for a Dwarf Rogue, when I am way behind the bow wave, should be in the offing. RL Time allowance considered.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I'm presently working on a guide to the paladin and to grouping. Unfortunately I have a statewide presentation on Thursday so I won't be able to concentrate on the guide until after that.
I've been planning to write up my experiences playing a mage for some time; I don't know if it's a "guide" per se, but I'll offer some advice based on what I've found out.
I can see about writing up a druid guide and/or a 'my experiences with a druid' post, but I should probably wait until after I've gotten one into the double-digits. :o
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Well, I never really contributed to content for Diablo or Diablo 2 but maybe this is the time to step in...

As real life allows I think I will take my first stab at a character guide for the Priest. Now that I have played up to level 23 and gone through a few instance dungeons I think I'm starting to get the feel for how the priest plays. Hopefully some time in the near future I'll be able to put a guide out to share my experiences.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)