My windows are all skewed
Hiya

Ok I was messing with my open windows , getting them to align along the edge of my computer screen , I have done this sooo badly and no matter what I do I seem to make the edges worse :P , is there a default setting to put everything back the way it was ? Thanks .
Take care
I am experiencing something similar. The "m" in "my computer or "my documents" on the desktop is hardly visible. I try changing my settings on the monitor, but no matter how far to the right I drag the picture, the "m" is still barely visible. What's the deal? (Sorry for thread highjack, but I have nowhere else to turn. :))

Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
There are two adjustments for your screen orientation. The first is on the monitor itself, while the other is internal. Go into your display properties, then advanced settings, and look for a "monitor" tab. Sorry for the vague directions, but this is going to vary depending on the video card you have. It could be that the internal setting is so far skewed that no amount of hardware adjustment will fix the problem.

Look into that and then stop back if you still have a problem.
See you in Town,
-Z
Raven Vale,Nov 29 2004, 11:45 AM Wrote:Hiya

Ok I was messing with my open windows , getting them to align along the edge of my computer screen , I have done this sooo badly and no matter what I do I seem to make the edges worse :P , is there a default setting to put everything back the way it was ? Thanks .
[right][snapback]61515[/snapback][/right]

Format --> Install Linux. Should solve your problems! :P
WWBBD?
If you have a screenshot, I'd probably get a fair idea what's wrong. How, exactly, are they messed up?
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
What it is , when I first tried to make my windows fit along the side , I used the monitor settings to bevel/straighten/flatten the sides etc , but I got it so wrong , the windows now belly in towards the middle of the screens , simple enough to straighten them but no , if I try to belly them out , other parts move too , so they need a slight tweak , then they need a tweak , its neverending , I have gone so far now with so many little tweaks , its not as simple anymore . I mean I could and will persevere , I was wondering if there was a default option anywhere ? If not I will do it manually , but it will be a lot of trial and error :P
Take care
Raven Vale,Nov 30 2004, 09:42 AM Wrote:What it is , when I first tried to make my windows fit along the side , I used the monitor settings to bevel/straighten/flatten the sides etc , but I got it so wrong , the windows now belly in towards the middle of the screens , simple enough to straighten them but no , if I try to belly them out , other parts move too , so they need  a slight tweak , then they need a tweak , its neverending , I have gone so far now with so many little tweaks , its not as simple anymore . I mean I could and will persevere , I was wondering if there was a default option anywhere ? If not I will do it manually , but it will be a lot of trial and error :P
[right][snapback]61601[/snapback][/right]
What is the make and model of your monitor?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hiya

It is 19" Mitsubishi , Diamond Plus 91 .
Take care
Raven Vale,Nov 30 2004, 11:19 AM Wrote:Hiya

It is  19" Mitsubishi , Diamond Plus 91 .
[right][snapback]61604[/snapback][/right]
http://www.necmitsubishi.com/support/techs.../tshoot_CRT.htm

At the upper left is a link to "Shortcuts and Tools"

Click on;
1) OSM Reset All
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Thanks a lot Kandrathe for your time , I thought that was the answer , except for one thing , I must have the only Mitsubishi that does not have a tools icon , been through every possible way , there are'nt that many so cannot go wrong , no icon , clicked through everything just to check if it was what I was looking for just in case , but no , not there . Thanks again , appreciate your efforts .
Take care
Raven Vale,Nov 30 2004, 06:17 PM Wrote:Thanks a lot Kandrathe for your time , I thought that was the answer , except for one thing , I must have the only Mitsubishi that does not have a tools icon , been through every possible way , there are'nt that many so cannot go wrong , no icon , clicked through everything just to check if it was what I was looking for just in case , but no , not there . Thanks again , appreciate your efforts .
[right][snapback]61617[/snapback][/right]
Although on Mitsubishi models it looks like it is an "ALL" selection with a tiny "reset" under it.

The only thing I can find which may be it is a " Geometry reset" button , this gave me hope too , until I clicked "+" to proceed . I get a message that says "Geometry reset , User timing , cannot be reset " so it wont allow me to reset for some reason .
Take care