Duotar / Orgrimmar / Ragefire Chasm bugs
I adventured into Ragefire Chasm, the new low level instance inside of Orgrimmar, today for the first time. I had a great time, but on my second run, my group ran into a disconcerting bug. The instance's main end quest boss is Taragaman the Hungerer who hits hard and has a nasty fire area-of-effect attack. For players in their mid-teens, he's quite a handful, so you can imagine our reaction when we realized that we'd have to fight *two* of him simultaneously!

[Image: rfcbug.jpg]

We have no idea why two of him spawned in our instance, but I'm happy to report that after wiping once, we did manage to win despite the bug. We found out the first time that we could sap one of the Taragaman's, so the second time we preshielded the group, sapped one of the Taragaman's, and went full burn on the other one. The sapped Taragaman woke just as the first Taragaman was nearly dead, so we were mostly able to fight each Taragaman one at a time.
My groups have never had difficulty with Tara - he usually dies before he can do much of anything :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
MongoJerry,Nov 29 2004, 09:39 AM Wrote:I adventured into Ragefire Chasm, the new low level instance inside of Orgrimmar, today for the first time.  I had a great time, but on my second run, my group ran into a disconcerting bug.  The instance's main end quest boss is Taragaman the Hungerer who hits hard and has a nasty fire area-of-effect attack.  For players in their mid-teens, he's quite a handful, so you can imagine our reaction when we realized that we'd have to fight *two* of him simultaneously!

[Image: rfcbug.jpg]

We have no idea why two of him spawned in our instance, but I'm happy to report that after wiping once, we did manage to win despite the bug.  We found out the first time that we could sap one of the Taragaman's, so the second time we preshielded the group, sapped one of the Taragaman's, and went full burn on the other one.  The sapped Taragaman woke just as the first Taragaman was nearly dead, so we were mostly able to fight each Taragaman one at a time.
[right][snapback]61501[/snapback][/right]

There are reports of two Van Cleef's spawning as well.
Artega,Nov 29 2004, 01:14 PM Wrote:My groups have never had difficulty with Tara - he usually dies before he can do much of anything :)

Neither really have my groups. He's kind of a "tutorial" end boss, but try fighting two of him at once when you're only around 15ish.