Sabra is Taken
As the I Ching would say "Difficulty at the beginning."

I just about collapsed when I tried to set up my account on WoW and found that the name Sabra was in use. I was so upset that I actually got up and walked away from the computer, thinking to myself "Well then, I guess I just won't play." Of course, that passed. I mean "what's in a name?" <sniff>

My Jewish name, Yael, was also taken, but I figured it would be. Fairly common name, as they go. So I settled on Mea Shaerim, which I love, but which is *not* me.

I'm hoping against hope that some well-intentioned, beta-participating friend with incredible foresight has tied up that account name against the day I would need it.
Please tell me that somebody did.

And if some crazed griefer pretending to be named Sabra has been following you around, please remember, it's not me. That would be one case in which a good solid PK would go down well. ;)

[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Nov 28 2004, 10:33 PM Wrote:As the I Ching would say "Difficulty at the beginning."

I just about collapsed when I tried to set up my account on WoW and found that the name Sabra was in use.&nbsp; I was so upset that I actually got up and walked away from the computer, thinking to myself "Well then, I guess I just won't play." Of course, that passed. I mean "what's in a name?" <sniff>[right][snapback]61464[/snapback][/right]

I am so sorry. Did you try both servers, Stormrage and Tichondrius, on which we are playing? I was fortunate to get the names I wanted, but I know the feeling from D2.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,Nov 28 2004, 10:12 PM Wrote:I am so sorry.&nbsp; Did you try both servers, Stormrage and Tichondrius, on which we are playing?&nbsp; I was fortunate to get the names I wanted, but I know the feeling from D2.
[right][snapback]61471[/snapback][/right]
Sabra said he was trying to set up his account, not just a character name, but the account name itself and, as you know, that account name is for all servers so trying both servers is pointless.
Intolerant monkey.
I had that same trouble - Artega was taken, so I had to use my extended alias, ArtegaAP, which I use for everything (email, eBay, games, everything - the AP is for All-Purpose :) .)

Since Magtheridon was a new server (at the time), I was able to secure Artega as a character name, so I was happy enough :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Sabra,Nov 28 2004, 08:33 PM Wrote:So I settled on Mea Shaerim, which I love, but which is *not* me.
[right][snapback]61464[/snapback][/right]
Did you ditch Sabraelf? Oh wait, Mea Shaerim is your account name. Did you happen to try Sabra as a character name on Stormrage? It is possible that the account Sabra is not playing on that server so then, i believe, you would be able to use Sabra as a character. Also note that, if you still want to associate with the Lurkers Guild (really - /train WILL make you a better player - honest! ;) ), guild membership is by character so you need to whisper a guild member if you want a new character name included in the guild.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Treesh,Nov 29 2004, 12:32 AM Wrote:Sabra said he was trying to set up his account, not just a character name, but the account name itself and, as you know, that account name is for all servers so trying both servers is pointless.
[right][snapback]61473[/snapback][/right]

Oh, I missed that, thanks! Sorry for the bad advice.
LochnarITB,Nov 29 2004, 04:29 AM Wrote:Did you ditch Sabraelf?&nbsp; Oh wait, Mea Shaerim is your account name.&nbsp; Did you happen to try Sabra as a character name on Stormrage?&nbsp; It is possible that the account Sabra is not playing on that server so then, i believe, you would be able to use Sabra as a character.&nbsp; Also note that, if you still want to associate with the Lurkers Guild (really - /train WILL make you a better player - honest!&nbsp; ;)&nbsp; ), guild membership is by character so you need to whisper a guild member if you want a new character name included in the guild.
[right][snapback]61486[/snapback][/right]
There was a Sabra on the Guild Roster yesterday.
[quote=Sabra,Nov 29 2004, 02:33 AM]
As the I Ching would say "Difficulty at the beginning."
I just about collapsed when I tried to set up my account on WoW and found that the name Sabra was in use. I was so upset that I actually got up and walked away from the computer, thinking to myself "Well then, I guess I just won't play." Of course, that passed. I mean "what's in a name?" <sniff>

How about SabraLL, that way people will know not to mess with you :rolleyes:
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Tal,Nov 29 2004, 08:03 AM Wrote:There was a Sabra on the Guild Roster yesterday.
[right][snapback]61503[/snapback][/right]
Oh, I didn't notice. I added Sabraelf and it sounded like it was her first go. She must have reformed and got added later.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Thanks you so much, one and all. Yes that was for the account name and I'm still pretty disappointed, but WoW is nice, and Sabra is not taken as a character name at present on the Stormrage server. I hope it will still be available when I find the race/class I want to play for the long haul up the learning curve.

I have a feeling that SabraElf will end up being just a secondary character for me. After the server crashed last night, I got on somewhere else and made a Tauren. I really liked him a lot and may start one on Stormrage to play there. He may very well end up being my primary character, ergo, Sabra.

I am in lurkers and enjoying it very much! You guys are funny! I enjoy watching your chat. I've received some really sketchy advice (/train ;) ) so far, and loved it!

BTW, Treesh, I am a female. :)

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Nov 30 2004, 12:14 PM Wrote:Yes that was for the account name and I'm still pretty disappointed, but WoW is nice, and Sabra is not taken as a character name at present on the Stormrage server.

Pretty much any short name (2 syllables or less) that rolls off the tounge is going to be taken pretty quickly. I used to go by the nickname Shren, but then I found out that it's a semi-common girl's name and is also used as a last name in some cultures. So I made up my hulking new nick, which is obtuse and 4 syllables long. If I type apandapion into google, every thing that comes up is me or about me.
Sabra,Nov 30 2004, 06:14 AM Wrote:BTW, Treesh, I am a female. :)
[right][snapback]61584[/snapback][/right]
Sorry about that. You would think being female myself that I would pay more attention to who is and who isn't female on the boards. :unsure: After I posted the "he" something in the back of my mind said you might be female, but I ignored it. Guys are much more likely to be offended by being called "she" than most gals tend to be offended by "he". Again, my apologies.
Intolerant monkey.
Sabra,Nov 30 2004, 06:14 AM Wrote:I got on somewhere else and made a Tauren. I really liked him a lot and may start one on Stormrage to play there. He may very well end up being my primary character, ergo, Sabra.

I am in lurkers and enjoying it very much!
Taurens are members of the Horde. It is my understanding that Horde and Alliance characters can't associate with each other in any form - chat, guild or party. If this is incorrect, someone please correct me. I would hate to be giving more "sketchy" advice. ;)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Nov 30 2004, 06:54 PM Wrote:Taurens are members of the Horde.&nbsp; It is my understanding that Horde and Alliance characters can't associate with each other in any form - chat, guild or party.&nbsp; If this is incorrect, someone please correct me.&nbsp; I would hate to be giving more "sketchy" advice.&nbsp; ;)
[right][snapback]61613[/snapback][/right]
That is correct. A better choice on where to make the Tauren would be one of the other servers where some of the lounge are persuing horde characters already.
Sabra,Nov 30 2004, 06:14 AM Wrote:Thanks you so much, one and all. Yes that was for the account name and I'm still pretty disappointed, but WoW is nice, and Sabra is not taken as a character name at present on the Stormrage server. I hope it will still be available when I find the race/class I want to play for the long haul up the learning curve.

I have a feeling that SabraElf will end up being just a secondary character for me.&nbsp; After the server crashed last night, I got on somewhere else and made a Tauren. I really liked him a lot and may start one on Stormrage to play there. He may very well end up being my primary character, ergo, Sabra.

I am in lurkers and enjoying it very much! You guys are funny! I enjoy watching your chat. I've received some really sketchy advice (/train ;) ) so far, and loved it!

Come to Terenas with Treesh and I and join our Tauren! It's the only other place I have seen PvE Horde Loungers (OK just Treesh and I), and you can pretty much always get on that server without a hitch. I go there all the time because Stormrage and Tich are down or have queues. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Sabra,Nov 30 2004, 08:14 AM Wrote:Thanks you so much, one and all. Yes that was for the account name and I'm still pretty disappointed, but WoW is nice, and Sabra is not taken as a character name at present on the Stormrage server. I hope it will still be available when I find the race/class I want to play for the long haul up the learning curve.

I have a feeling that SabraElf will end up being just a secondary character for me.&nbsp; After the server crashed last night, I got on somewhere else and made a Tauren. I really liked him a lot and may start one on Stormrage to play there. He may very well end up being my primary character, ergo, Sabra.

Make the Sabra character on whatever servers you might be playing. Even if it is only a temporary character, it will hold your name.
Gnollguy,Dec 1 2004, 02:59 AM Wrote:Come to Terenas with Treesh and I and join our Tauren!&nbsp; It's the only other place I have seen PvE Horde Loungers (OK just Treesh and I), and you can pretty much always get on that server without a hitch.&nbsp; I go there all the time because Stormrage and Tich are down or have queues.&nbsp; :)
[right][snapback]61633[/snapback][/right]

Thank you so much for that info, Gnollguy. I would love to join you and Treesh there and I have made a note of the server name. I think that Taurens should be really fun to play in party. Mine is not so far along that I can't put him to rest and start from scratch elsewhere. How far along are you and Treesh approx.?

And Treesh ... No biggie on the gender thing at all. I'm not sure I even CARE anymore. ;)

I had a really nice few hours on StormRage last night playing SabraElf, who can now mash those pesky spiders like potatoes. What a big girl is she.

Getting the hang of the interface and having more fun each time I play.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Dec 2 2004, 05:45 AM Wrote:How far along are you and Treesh approx.?

[right][snapback]61733[/snapback][/right]
Clicky the linky in my siggy for Mogoraindyn. :) GG's tauren is right there with mine because we only play them together. (Easy to coordinate that when you are a married couple. ;) )

Even though Thottbot says that it hasn't been updated in a couple of days, it's still current. I just haven't been able to play much since a new job popped up out of the blue. :)

Edit: Oh, and don't ask me where we are questwise right now. Somewhere in the Barrens is about as specific as I can get right now. Poor memory sometimes. ;)

Edit2: We're always in the "lurkers" channel so we're easy to get ahold of when we're on.
Intolerant monkey.