Wrong monsters in act IV?!
OK yesterday I killed off Diablo in Nightmare. I get to act V and I was greeted warmly by Foul Crows and Spine Fiends?! :ph34r: I then exited and went back in.. New monsters but not the right ones. I never saw the right monsters till that doc guy and the overseerer had the right guys. All the other acts are fine btw. Any clues? Anyone else having this issue?
"If I knew what to do I’d do it.
If I knew where to go I’d get there someday.
If I knew where to fly I’d fly away, forget about life for a while.
But it never is that easy to just pick up and go and do as you’re told like.
’cause life never works out that way.
If it were true the skies would be full everyday."
Scumgrief,Nov 28 2004, 03:34 PM Wrote:OK yesterday I killed off Diablo in Nightmare. I get to act IV and I was greeted warmly by Foul Crows and Spine Fiends?!  :ph34r:  I then exited and went back in.. New monsters but not the right ones. I never saw the right monsters till that doc guy and the overseerer had the right guys. Here are a few pics  I took today to show the issue in a couple other places. All the other acts are fine btw. Any clues? Anyone else having this issue?
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/41aa51a6_6236/...fOZlqBBI8xeis0A
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/41aa51a6_6236/...fOZlqBBWVlq1Y_1
[right][snapback]61440[/snapback][/right]

1. That's act 5, not act 4.

2. Your links don't work.

3. Those monsters are supposed to be there.
adeyke,Nov 28 2004, 06:16 PM Wrote:1. That's act 5, not act 4.

2. Your links don't work.

3. Those monsters are supposed to be there.
[right][snapback]61442[/snapback][/right]

i ment act V sorry. So your telling me when I run through the act. I'm not supposed to see any imps, Frozen Scourges, Moon Lords,Snow Drifters, Hell spawns, or any of these guys anymore? Because I did the whole act and saw none of these guys what-so-ever
"If I knew what to do I’d do it.
If I knew where to go I’d get there someday.
If I knew where to fly I’d fly away, forget about life for a while.
But it never is that easy to just pick up and go and do as you’re told like.
’cause life never works out that way.
If it were true the skies would be full everyday."
Scumgrief,Nov 28 2004, 04:20 PM Wrote:i ment act V sorry. So your telling me when I run through the act. I'm not supposed to see any imps, Frozen Scourges, Moon Lords,Snow Drifters, Hell spawns, or any of these guys anymore? Because I did the whole act and saw none of these guys what-so-ever
[right][snapback]61443[/snapback][/right]

There's still a chance to see those. There's also a chance to see those guest monsters, though.
What adeyke is saying is that Act V has random monsters in Nightmare and Hell.
Obi2Kenobi,Dec 5 2004, 12:37 PM Wrote:What adeyke is saying is that Act V has random monsters in Nightmare and Hell.
[right][snapback]61968[/snapback][/right]

Not really more random than anywhere else. Every area has a list of possible monsters from which it picks a few. It just happens that the lists for the act 5 areas in nightmare/hell include monsters that weren't previously seen in act 5.
Maybe more information would be good?

In all patch versions previous to 1.10, you had a limited number of monsters possible to see in Act V. Enter version 1.10. Suddenly, skeletons (the normal kind), star shooters, and other meanies you were glad to be away from are back, and badder than ever.

Also, they are there in Normal Difficulty. Don't know what all of you are talking about.
SetBuilder,Mar 26 2005, 03:16 AM Wrote:Also, they are there in Normal Difficulty. Don't know what all of you are talking about.
Guest monsters in act V are only in Nightmare and Hell difficulty. Don't know what you are talking about.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Yogi_Baar,Mar 26 2005, 03:51 AM Wrote:Guest monsters in act V are only in Nightmare and Hell difficulty. Don't know what you are talking about.
[right][snapback]71959[/snapback][/right]

Fair enough. I'll take some screenies at some point and email them to blizzard as a bug report.
SetBuilder,Mar 27 2005, 09:03 PM Wrote:Fair enough. I'll take some screenies at some point and email them to blizzard as a bug report.
[right][snapback]72049[/snapback][/right]
OK, just remember that mods and Baal's minions don't count.
Also, remember that Blizzard apparently doesn't care about bug reports.
I wouldn't be too surprised if they re-route those mails to /dev/null. ^_^
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Yogi_Baar,Mar 29 2005, 03:32 AM Wrote:OK, just remember that mods and Baal's minions don't count.
Also, remember that Blizzard apparently doesn't care about bug reports.
I wouldn't be too surprised if they re-route those mails to /dev/null. ^_^
[right][snapback]72227[/snapback][/right]

Amen. Not much DDT in Blizzard's offices.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete