WoW beta and retail install
Hi

I have been reading of people that have just used the beta install and not the retail discs because there was no content added between the times of the end of beta and the discs being processed . So saving time on the install , but how is this done ? I still have beta installed but surely there is no option to change your cd key . Anyone know how this is done ? If you have to uninstall then reinstall whats the point of people doing this ? Also I have ordered the Collectors Edition Euro , so will be getting a beta key winging its way towards me , hopefully soon . Will the same hold true with that , just use old beta dl and somehow give it a new cd key ?Thanks for any info on this .
Take care
Raven Vale,Nov 28 2004, 12:34 PM Wrote:Hi

I have been reading of people that have just used the beta install and not the retail discs because there was no content added between the times of the end of beta and the discs being processed . So saving time on the install , but how is this done ? I still have beta installed but surely there is no option to change your cd key . Anyone know how this is done ? If you have to uninstall then reinstall whats the point of people doing this ? Also I have ordered the Collectors Edition Euro , so will be getting a beta key winging its way towards me , hopefully soon . Will the same hold true with that , just use old beta dl and somehow give it a new cd key  ?Thanks for any info on this .
[right][snapback]61399[/snapback][/right]

You need to go to the account creation page, http://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/ , and create a retail account. Then you'll be able to log in and play normally (this assumes you have a US retail CD-key and a credit card that bills to a US, Austrailian, Canadian, or New Zealand address, or they have the game card thing working). If you're asking questions about the european beta, my official answer is "I don't know".
Ahh ok thanks , that should still hold true for the Euro release then . One more question though , I had a look at that account creation , what is a "guest pass account " ? Cheers .
Take care
Raven Vale,Nov 28 2004, 07:55 AM Wrote:Ahh ok thanks , that should still hold true for the Euro release then . One more question though , I had a look at that account creation , what is a  "guest pass account " ?  Cheers .
[right][snapback]61402[/snapback][/right]
A guest pass account is an account that was created using the 10 day guest pass that comes with the collector's edition of the game.
Intolerant monkey.
Again , thanks . So does that mean with the CE you get a guest pass for 10 days + a free month , sorry for all the questions , I have a lot of time to fill waiting for the Euro beta :)
Take care
With the guest pass, you get a free month with the main account key, and an extra CD-key that you can give to a friend that allows them to play the game for 10 days. After that, they can decide to buy the game and keep playing the characters on that account, or just say "Eh, it was okay, but this isn't for me."
Great , cleared that up nicely , thanks .
Take care