First Few days where are we all at?
Just thought it would be interesting to get a brief overview of where everyone is at with the game and how retail is panning out.

I thought a quick rundown of your character and what it's been doing for the past few days would be inrteresting.

For myself I created a NE Priestess and quickly orientated myself in the world. After a few hours of play I hooked up with a small group of 3 that increased to 5 and have been adventuring regularly with them every time I log on.

Currently our group is Level 20 or so. We completed the NE starting area, and moved onto the main coast, completing all the quests in darkshore and have just today decided to head to Stormwind where we cut through Westfall and have now moved onto Redridge.

My impressions of retail and the game overall are one of complete satisfaction in the game. I have found no serious flaws or bugs, and the quest system keeps things interesting. SOme of the spawn collection quests can be tedious at times if the spawn rates are really slow but most quests can be completed first time with no worries.

Grinding is virtually non existant, unless you are looking for x items on y creatures but that's not true grinding for levels just killing things over and over for loot, not xp. I like how the quest system caters for your xp and the call for "Lets farm this area for xp" has never been heard.

All up very pleased. How have you fared these past few days?

Dyntheos,Nov 28 2004, 07:17 AM Wrote:All up very pleased. How have you fared these past few days?
[right][snapback]61397[/snapback][/right]

I finally loaded up the game yesterday afternoon (after giving up on my on-board soundcard) and created an Undead Mage. Played him to level 7, then decided that he was just a bit too squishy for my tastes.

I started an Undead Warrior, and really enjoy the class. I like how the Rage meter isn't just some 'stamina' mana replacement, and she's fairly tough. I only had time to play her to level 8 or so, but I completed all the quests in Deathknell and am working on the ones in Brill.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Level 16 paladin, Sharanna reborn. Working the Westfall and Loch Modan quests currently. Oh and ticking off the traders by giving away bags. ;) Managed to supply some bags to members of our sister guild The Basin. All in all a good day. ;)
Doing well and now that I've actually installed the Thottbot-only deal from Cosmos you can see my progress on Etheramwen, Mogoraindyn, Taithin (who's not in my profile here yet), and Zhasi (who's probably going to be redone and/or deleted, but you never know).

Edit: Forgot that Thottbot doesn't show professions. Mogoraindyn is an enchanter/tailor, Etheramwen is an herbalist/alchemist, Taithin is an enchanter/tailor. She was specifically made so I could actually have a character use the pretty cloth things that I can make. I forgot how much I enjoy making silly pointless clothes. That was one thing I enjoyed in Horizons; I could be a straight tailor if I wanted to and not worry about killing enough things to be able to progress my crafting skill - crafting levels and adventure levels were tracked separately and never affected the other, but I'm digressing here.

Right this moment, I can't tell you what (if any professions) Zhasi has or will have. I think she's probably herbalist/alchemy since she's a rogue and it annoys me to not have ways of healing myself (both first aid and being able to make the heal pots since first aid doesn't always cut it in battle).
Intolerant monkey.
Wow. Tichondrius was down when I logged on, so I started a Night Elf Druid on Magtheridon. Now I don't know which character I like more. :(
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Rylea, my mage, is 23 (almost 24) at this point. Last night, I finished the Deadmines with a group of four Basiners, which was a much more pleasant and fast experience than my first failed try at the mines in OB (which was six hours long). Tailoring and enchanting progress going well - I'm past the stage where I was swimming in bags, but for a while there I was passing them out like candy on Halloween. Going well on this end, though my professions eat up a little more of my money than I'd like. :P
I have three characters that I have invested time in. The main one is Lochnar a gnome/mage/herbalist/alchemist (read little squishy guy) that is lvl 15 on East Stormrage. I'm doing Loch Modan quests (and feeding Rylea linen :) ). I've partied with several Lurkers and Basin folks. I am surprised at how often I see <The Basin> go running by. (BTW - Cindylou, I forgot to tell you how much I enjoyed your portrayal of the littlest Who in Whoville in How The Grinch Stole Christmas :P ) It's a bit disconcerting to watch general chat go by in this area. People keep referring to the Loch - "Huh, what did you ask me?" :blink:

I have not gotten as far as I would like with Lochnar because of time I have spent with Lochnargh. Whenever the Stormrage server has been taken down, I head over to Pacific Silvermoon and end up playing him for several hours. He's a tauren/warrior/skinner/leatherworker lvl 11. When I last left him, he had just resurrected after misstepping off the edge of a bridge in Thunder Bluff - AAAAaaaaahhhh! Thud!

The third is a human/warlock/?/? lvl 6. He was the first and I just can't remember what direction I was going with him. I expect to pick him up again, but only after I have made significant progress on little squishy guy.

I am having fun and have been spending all available time playing. I can see that, even though I thought Bliz had said the game will be very soloable, partying is going to be the only way to keep the game going. Although that is not really my cup of tea, as long as there are Lurkers and Basiners around to play with, it will still be enjoyable.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Where am I? At the moment half dead in the middle of an elite ogre camp with a nice basin mage companion, waiting for the server to come back. Thank you for asking.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I'm in pretty much the same place as Skand: 24 Gnome Mage named Magicbag (except on Warsong/Alliance/PvP). Just starting on 10 slot bags. Leather is the holdup here, might have to start a leather bot for support because guildies aren't really into leathercraft, and auction prices for leather are kinda high. Enchanting is almost 100, but disenchanting items takes a toll on one's income.
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-