Mirrors for Cosmos?
Does anyone know of a mirror for cosmos of just have the latest version that they can put up somewhere? The website has been down for the last couple of days now, and I would like to get this reinstalled.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Well, I haven't had any problems with Cosmos. The site has been slow, sometimes timing out, but not actually down.

I'll would attach the Cosmos.exe file, but it seems that Bolty has not enabled attachments. If you had that file, you could run that and it'll download the latest Cosmos version files. Make sure you're using Alpha, as there's no beta or release version that works with Retail yet.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Nov 26 2004, 02:44 PM Wrote:Well, I haven't had any problems with Cosmos.  The site has been slow, sometimes timing out, but not actually down.

I'll would attach the Cosmos.exe file, but it seems that Bolty has not enabled attachments.  If you had that file, you could run that and it'll download the latest Cosmos version files.  Make sure you're using Alpha, as there's no beta or release version that works with Retail yet.
[right][snapback]61294[/snapback][/right]

Yes, I know. The problem is I can't get to the cosmos site. It has not loaded for me at all for the last 2 days, trying from 3 different service providers as well. I'll take an e-mail on it to gnollguy@hotmail.com if you would be so kind though.
---
Can you get to this page?
http://www.cosmosui.org/cosmos/

If so, grab the Cosmos_Alpha.zip to use for installation. They are usually getting too heavy a hit on where the cosmos.exe links to. Keeps bringing down access to the datafiles there.
Ruvanal,Nov 27 2004, 12:38 AM Wrote:Can you get to this page?
http://www.cosmosui.org/cosmos/

If so, grab the Cosmos_Alpha.zip to use for installation.  They are usually getting too heavy a hit on where the cosmos.exe links to.  Keeps bringing down access to the datafiles there.
[right][snapback]61340[/snapback][/right]

No, that's the whole problem. I can't get to anything off of www.cosmosui.org, none of the sub pages, not the main page, not the forums, nothing. That's why I was hoping that someone had any of the .exe's so I could run the install.

Edit 10:03am CDT: Well I got a copy finally. And it connects to do the auto-updates just fine. It looks like whatever is running the webserver is hammered a lot harder than everything else. If anyone else has problems you can get a copy of the 11/27 alpha zip here.
---