Did anyone find it amusing...
... that Blizzard specifically told people to flood the Mountain and Pacific servers with one little news doohickey on the login screen, and is now saying that they're rebooting (i.e., the servers were not handling it well) them?
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Nov 24 2004, 01:59 AM Wrote:... that Blizzard specifically told people to flood the Mountain and Pacific servers with one little news doohickey on the login screen, and is now saying that they're rebooting (i.e., the servers were not handling it well) them?
[right][snapback]61081[/snapback][/right]
Yes. I just came to see if anyone else had noticed that. Lag made Stormrage almost unplayable so I left for a bit. I checked mountain and pacific and saw zero and four servers respectively. I wonder if there is a separate set of servers for the database portion of the game that covers items, etc. It seems like that is where the lag rears its ugly head. It would be interesting to be able to see what they are doing with the server farm right now. They should probably worry about dehydration with the sweating they're doing at the moment.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
There are separate servers for the items, iirc. There are separate servers for the instances as well, the same with the two different continents.

Edit: Oh, and yeah, I found that amusing as well, especially considering it was about one or two in the morning (USCentralTime) when one of the server restarts happened. :)
Intolerant monkey.