Violence in sports
Ghostiger,Nov 22 2004, 11:10 PM Wrote:But I think you are confusing violences and fighting with stand up qualities like toughness, (modest)stoicism and responsibility.
Engaging in an exceptional dangerous sport doesnt give you character it gives you injuries.
And even worse getting in fights doesnt make you tough it show you lack self control.

The toughest man I ever knew was my grandad. He was a farmer who had been a coal miner on the side to support his family. The man never complained. 
He really was the guy who walked to both school and work through 3 fet of snow, but he would never tell you about it.
But he was also the the least violent,y least prideful man you could imagine.
You dont need to play games where people get hurt or smack someone in the mouth who disrespects you to be a man.
[right][snapback]60884[/snapback][/right]

Nice way of putting it. Wish I'd thought of that.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Archon_Wing,Nov 23 2004, 03:38 PM Wrote:Hah, you make the fight sound more intresting than the game itself. I wonder if they'll start paying random people to incite things. -_-
[right][snapback]60986[/snapback][/right]

That's the opinion of me and a bunch of other people about a lot of things that happen, like the Janet Jackson thing. Just a way to get attention.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)