Good news for European players!
Quote:BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT® ANNOUNCES WORLD OF WARCRAFT®
RELEASE PLANS FOR EUROPE

22 November, 2004 – Paris, France:
Blizzard Entertainment® today announced the launch plans in Europe for World of Warcraft®, its highly anticipated massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). Blizzard also confirmed that the game will release in Europe in early 2005. Pre-orders for World of Warcraft will be available at retail on November 26, 2004.

[...]

European Product Packaging and Pricing
World of Warcraft will be available in Europe for Windows ® 98/ME/2000/XP and Macintosh ® at a suggested retail price of €44.99 (£29.99 in the UK), and will include a free one-month subscription to the game.

[...]

The special collector's edition of World of Warcraft will also be available at launch, in limited quantities, for a suggested retail price of €69.99 (£44.99 in the UK).

[...]

After the initial free one-month subscription ends, players of World of Warcraft will be able to continue playing under one of three different subscription plans. The month-to-month subscription plan will cost €12.99* per month (£8.99 in the UK), the three-month plan will cost €11.99 per month (£8.39 in the UK), and the six-month plan will cost €10.99 per month (£7.69 in the UK).

[...]

For those European gamers still wishing to play with their American friends on the North American servers, and vice versa, Blizzard will provide a means to make this possible after the European launch.

Source: http://www.blizzard.co.uk/press/041122.shtml
Especially the last part is very good news for us European Lurkers. And the prices seem to be pretty good, although slightly higher than those in the USA, but with dollar-euro fluctuations, that's to be expected :)
-Leshy, Pizza Lover Extraordinaire
http://www.leshy.net
Thanks for the info! :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Good news for us Europeans on the server front , just a pity when I finally get to meet my old friends over there , they will have had a 2 - 3 month head start :P . Ahh well , at least it will happen .
Take care
I agree, it's good news :)

Thanks for sharing!
Was this part missed?

Quote:European players will therefore initially play on any of the European servers in English, French or German.

They've said that they will make the means for europeans to play on amercia servers possible after the European launch. They didn't say when after launch, I.E. not immediately after launch as one might construe the words.
True that, Foxbat. Still I think we can expect them to get on it fairly soon enough. After all, a lot of the european players want to play with their US comrades. If that's not possible, they're running the risk of losing a lot of potential customers.

Thanks for the news
And you do not ask the cost...
Faragon,Nov 23 2004, 04:48 PM Wrote:True that, Foxbat. Still I think we can expect them to get on it fairly soon enough. After all, a lot of the european players want to play with their US comrades. If that's not possible, they're running the risk of losing a lot of potential customers.

Thanks for the news
[right][snapback]60988[/snapback][/right]

Alright, that isn't news, or at least not to me. They've been saying since this split was first announced that europeans and americans would eventually be reunited, but never "when" and certainly not "on european release". They must wait as long as whatever backwards contracts they have with publishers say so, as it's obvious to everyone the delay has nothing to do with the "quality of play" BS they've been spouting.