pre-orders
I've decided I will probably make the plunge into subscription gaming. I found that I missed my little guy, LochnarCO, when I was away the last several days. Then I found out that the open beta was to end today. I was able to play some last night but was not happy that I might not be able to play again before he went away. I knew that I had to at least give it a shot for long enough to get into the meat of play. So, for those of you brave enough to plunge into the possible fiasco coming on Tuesday:

- Where did you pre-order?
- Do they guarantee you will have it on the 23rd or what day do you expect to have it?
- How much did you pay for shipping to get your expected arrival date?
- If you are planning on picking it up yourself - where and what time (midnight?)?

Unfortunately, I am much the child of our "I want it yesterday" society and expect that, once I have made the decision for something to happen, it must happen now. I am wanting to plunge in for the pain and pleasure of startup and I am going to place an order. As I am, at present, not allowed to drive, I am hoping to find an online store that will have it in my grubby little hands when I fire up my machine on the 23rd.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Nov 18 2004, 08:10 PM Wrote:I've decided I will probably make the plunge into subscription gaming.  I found that I missed my little guy, LochnarCO, when I was away the last several days.  Then I found out that the open beta was to end today.  I was able to play some last night but was not happy that I might not be able to play again before he went away.  I knew that I had to at least give it a shot for long enough to get into the meat of play.  So, for those of you brave enough to plunge into the possible fiasco coming on Tuesday:

- Where did you pre-order?
- Do they guarantee you will have it on the 23rd or what day do you expect to have it?
- How much did you pay for shipping to get your expected arrival date?
- If you are planning on picking it up yourself - where and what time (midnight?)?

Unfortunately, I am much the child of our "I want it yesterday" society and expect that, once I have made the decision for something to happen, it must happen now.  I am wanting to plunge in for the pain and pleasure of startup and I am going to place an order.  As I am, at present, not allowed to drive, I am hoping to find an online store that will have it in my grubby little hands when I fire up my machine on the 23rd.
[right][snapback]60484[/snapback][/right]

I have not been driving these days either. I pre-ordered from EBWorld. As I recall next day air shipping was about $10. I think there is a reasonable chance that I will get my copy on or by the 23rd. No guarantee.

Even having the copy in my hand, I am not at all sure we will have decided where the lurkers will be lounging in time for the official start.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I went for the EBgames.com pre-order. The fact that I subscribed to gamespot (specifically for the ebgames.com 10% discount per game) decides where I get most of my games from, it's already saved me over 30 bucks this year. Next day shipping went, mainly because I could justify it with the discount ;)

I should have it on the 23rd, but real playing time will start during school's Thanksgiving Break as I'm somewhat overloaded right now.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I pre-ordered from ebgames.com as well, and usually do order from their site for pre-orders. For my EQ2 pre-order, it arrived on the 9th, which was the announced release date. (SOE brought the servers up a day earlier than they'd said, on the 8th, and some stores had them on the shelves that day, which was technically the ship date. That's pretty typical for high demand pre-order delivery schedules.) So, I anticipate receiving the game on the 23rd.
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->