HC Blizz Sorc Suggestions
Ive decided to make a Blizzard sorc, for reasons of MF/Rushes, and need some suggestions. I have heard maxing the cold skills that up its damage, as well as some or max cold mastery? Remember this is a hardcore build, so im heavily contemplating max block (dex) or max life (vit). Please help me out, stat wise and skill wise, as well as suggested equipment for a strictly Blizz sorc. Thanks a lot.

*mobsta
[Image: DakkonBlackblade.jpg]

"My power is as vast as the plains, my strength is that of mountains. Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins." - Dakkon Blackblade, Memoirs
I guess no one knows how to build a hc blizz sorc....

sad.

"My power is as vast as the plains, my strength is that of mountains. Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins." - Dakkon Blackblade, Memoirs
AngryMob,Nov 19 2004, 12:24 PM Wrote:I guess no one knows how to build a hc blizz sorc....

sad.
[right][snapback]60534[/snapback][/right]

Patience! As has been said MANY times before, the Lurkers live in areas all over the world, and between real-world jobs, relationships/children, school, etc., they would be lucky to log in and check posts once a week. Besides, the ones who can give you the best answer will eventually log on and give your topic a meaningful reply (not like 99% of the crap you see on most other forums), but you have to have patience and 24-hours is hardly being patient. Remember, it’s called the Lurker Lounge for a reason ;) .

As to your [single] question:

Quote:I have heard maxing the cold skills that up its damage, as well as some or max cold mastery?

I'm not sure what question your asking. Are you talking about synergies when you say "cold skills"? Regarding synergies, when you place skill points into another skills synergy, you will increase that skills attribute(s) in some way. Also, if you increase Cold Mastery, you will lower your enemies cold resist, thus allowing your cold spells to inflict more damage.

If you are going to use this sorceress for rushing others in hardcore, you should seriously consider using the Frozen Orb skill instead of Blizzard for numerous reasons already discussed in this and the Armory forums. To summarize the benefits of Frozen Orb, it will hit everything on the visible screen in the direction its cast in, then it will provide a comfortable chill duration (very useful for slowing monsters in Hell difficulty), it does overall damage on par with blizzard when you compare damage done to all the monsters struck on screen, and it has 2-second casting delay instead of Blizzards 4 second delay (which means you can cast more orbs faster, essentially giving you a bigger buffer zone between you and the enemies).

Quote:Please help me out, stat wise and skill wise, as well as suggested equipment for a strictly Blizz sorc. Thanks a lot.

Before asking to be told what [to and not-to] take for your skills and attributes, you might want to establish your own opinion of what exactly you’re looking for. For the best information dealing with skills, go to this web-site:
Quote:http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~cbradfor/diablo2/skills.html
For the best information about equipment, go to this web-site:
Quote:http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/

Both those sites are linked from this fine web site – simply click the “Diablo II” box on the Lounges front-page, then click on “Community”. The Arreat Summit will also provide you with the properties of a sorceresses “attribute” scores (or “stat” points, as you refer to them). Once you have determined what is the best gear for your sorceress, you’ll have a general idea of the maximum strength and dexterity this gear will require of your sorceress, making her attribute point placement that much simpler for you.

I must admit however, that I am confused by one thing you said:

Quote:Remember this is a hardcore build, so im heavily contemplating max block (dex) or max life (vit).

What do you mean “remember”? Your title does indeed say, “Replying to HC Blizz Sorc Suggestions,” and while I know the acronym for hardcore is ‘HC’, it wouldn’t surprise me if other Lurkers – of which are knowledgeable in Diablo II – were unfamiliar with that terminology. There is a good deal of Lurkers here for which English is not their native language, yet it is this language we have chosen to communicate with on this site. For this reason, I’d like to propose a [suggestion] for you in the future:
When writing a post, please consider structuring your syntax with clarity by, 1.) Using the full spelling of words (instead of shortened, abbreviated versions) and, 2.) Using proper grammar. Thank you for taking the time to read this, as it could benefit everyone involved.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
AngryMob,Nov 19 2004, 11:24 AM Wrote:I guess no one knows how to build a hc blizz sorc....

sad.
[right][snapback]60534[/snapback][/right]

Put 20 points in Blizzard and make sure the hardcore box is checked. And there you go. -_-

But anyhow, follow Meat's suggestions. The only diffrence between a softcore and a hardcore build is that the hardcore build has to focus on more life and resistances than their softcore counterparts. I generally wouldn't bother with max block for fighting monsters. I would prefer the points to be in vitality.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Good lord this place is dry. It seems everyone is wound tightly, no one has room for comic relief. I have visited many forums (D2 and alike) in my days, and this has got to be the most SERIOUS forum out there. That and as soon as someone talks about something without using proper grammar or typing skills, they get the flame. Blizzhackers now has my support. I realize that they are mainly a hacking forum, but if you ask a question on their board, you get people willing to help, in a timely manner, and they do not ridicule you for your english skills. Some people here should seriously learn to lighten up. It's just a game.

AngryMob,Nov 22 2004, 10:43 AM Wrote:Good lord this place is dry.  It seems everyone is wound tightly, no one has room for comic relief.  I have visited many forums (D2 and alike) in my days, and this has got to be the most SERIOUS forum out there.  That and as soon as someone talks about something without using proper grammar or typing skills, they get the flame.  Blizzhackers now has my support.  I realize that they are mainly a hacking forum, but if you ask a question on their board, you get people willing to help, in a timely manner, and they do not ridicule you for your english skills.  Some people here should seriously learn to lighten up.  It's just a game.
[right][snapback]60761[/snapback][/right]

Oh the drama. Meat answered your question(s) and in my opinion did not flame you. If you're taking his post as a flame of you then I would suggest that it is YOU who needs to lighten up. But oh well, our loss is Blizzhackers gain in this case. Good luck to you over there.

Edit: Lost changed to loss. Thanks Archon_Wing!
Tal,Nov 22 2004, 09:58 AM Wrote:Oh the drama. Meat answered your question(s) and in my opinion did not flame you. If you're taking his post as a flame of you then I would suggest that it is YOU who needs to lighten up. But oh well, our lost is Blizzhackers gain in this case. Good luck to you over there.
[right][snapback]60780[/snapback][/right]

;)

Well, on a second reading, I didn't really like Meat's wording, but in the end it was really only trying to help on ways to get a better response and where to find the info. Although, IMO, the nitpicking of "HC" is dumb. (No offense, it was still a useful post) Since this is a gaming forum, we assume people know certain game abbrieviations. Stuff like "HP" and "TP" should probaly be understood, and if not they can just ask. We may as well put in a sticky for these things if it makes people happy though. :) It does not mean we should accept stuff like "LOL OMGZ c mah BOTD" but you know both extremes are poor.

My post was less helpful, but I didn't want to be redundant. A hardcore build can be played like softcore with adjustments sacrifcing damage for sturdiness. And of course, the all important annoyance of having the check the hardcore box. And yes, I was a hardcore player when I was still playing D2, so leave me alone! ;)

Edit:
On the topic of English, it's not as important to have perfect grammar and spelling as it is to have your text readable. Puncuation marks and decent space between ideas are nice. Hell, that's really the only thing I care about. I could care less if you run all your posts through a spell check. I personally don't. I do not think Angrymob's post was unreadable though.

But then most forums I've gone to usually request you type in that kind of English. I also post on the battle.net forums, so don't give me that eilitist crap, because it just won't fly. It's just diffrent from IRC or AIM. I don't bother typing properly in those because communication goes fast there. I need to get my ideas in fast. That's just not as necessary here.

In the end, no one has clicked the hostile button. So there. :D
Archon_Wing,Nov 22 2004, 03:37 PM Wrote:;)
[right][snapback]60789[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for that catch. Teh typ0 mons3r will get m3 yet. ;)

Archon_Wing,Nov 22 2004, 03:37 PM Wrote:Well, on a second reading, I didn't really like Meat's wording, but in the end it was really only trying to help on ways to get a better response and where to find the info. Although, IMO, the nitpicking of "HC" is dumb.  (No offense, it was still a useful post) Since this is a gaming forum, we assume people know certain game abbrieviations. Stuff like "HP" and "TP" should probaly be understood, and if not they can just ask. We may as well put in a sticky for these things if it makes people happy though. :) It does not mean we should accept stuff like "LOL OMGZ c mah BOTD" but you know both extremes are poor.

I agree but I also can't abide "You guys are so mean I'm gonna go where I'm loved" posts. :)
Tal,Nov 22 2004, 12:26 PM Wrote:I agree but I also can't abide "You guys are so mean I'm gonna go where I'm loved" posts. :)
[right][snapback]60791[/snapback][/right]

Yep. Drama sucks. ;)

And the Lounge is not uptight. :)
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...topic=4645
Archon_Wing,Nov 22 2004, 07:37 PM Wrote:I could care less[right][snapback]60789[/snapback][/right]

OT Nit: if you could care less, then you must care some. The phrase is "couldn't care less", and it's one that I'm going to fight for since it makes no logical sense whatsoever when people get it wrong ;-)
You don't know what you're talking about.
AngryMob,Nov 22 2004, 09:43 AM Wrote:Good lord this place is dry.  It seems everyone is wound tightly, no one has room for comic relief.[right][snapback]60761[/snapback][/right]

Lack of humor? :P

This thread has kept me laughing for quite some time!

If it is just a game, why do you waste your time trying to convert others. It doesn't make much sense to waste even more time one people who like to blow it out of proportion!

Be happy, be merry, enjoy what you enjoy, and leave grumbly old farts to grumble.

Cheers,

Munk
lfd,Nov 22 2004, 02:02 PM Wrote:OT Nit: if you could care less, then you must care some.  The phrase is "couldn't care less", and it's one that I'm going to fight for since it makes no logical sense whatsoever when people get it wrong ;-)
[right][snapback]60807[/snapback][/right]

Well I didn't say "I didn't care" :D I must care a little, but not enough to matter. Yep, damn that phrase!
Archon_Wing,Nov 22 2004, 12:37 PM Wrote:Although, IMO, the nitpicking of "HC" is dumb.

Yah, I know. I believe it was around 3AM where I live and I just couldn't sleep so my comprehension was a bit scattered. The method I used to convey my (two) points was [very] poorly worded, derived from a weak ‘HC’ debate source to boot. To the original poster, I was trying to convey how ‘internet-lingo’ – i.e. OMG, WTF, TTYL, BBL, CYA, L8 d00d, etc. – may ease the laziness of the typist at the expense of comprehension; it also looks bad ;) . I’m not sure how ‘internet-lingo’ ties in with abbreviated game language, but that [point] was a very minor example of the overall concept I was trying to touch on, which was that I felt the poster was being rude and sarcastic when he said:

Quote:I guess no one knows how to build a hc blizz sorc....

sad.

The reason I feel this is:
1.) There are already topics on this issue in this, and other forums on the Lurker Lounge. He could have easily searched for them if he took the time.
2.) In his first post, his syntax was so damn poor, I literally had no clue what specific question he was trying to ask – even after rereading it numerous times. In his response, it is obvious he assumes we all know what the hell he's talking about and I find his arrogance to be rude and inconsiderate of everyone on the net.
3.) Furthermore, assuming his question was in fact regarding increasing the overall damage of Blizzard, his ultimate lack of specifics about what “cold skills” was left much to be speculated about. Was he talking about a “secondary skill”? Was he talking only about “cold mastery”? Since he is talking about Blizzard, is seems probable he is talking about “synergies”, to which his question makes even less sense considering a synergies benefits are listed right on the skill screen.

Quote: Ive decided to make a Blizzard sorc, for reasons of MF/Rushes, and need some suggestions. I have heard maxing the cold skills that up its damage, as well as some or max cold mastery?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
MEAT,Nov 22 2004, 08:43 PM Wrote:Yah, I know.  I believe it was around 3AM where I live and I just couldn't sleep so my comprehension was a bit scattered. The method I used to convey my (two) points was [very] poorly worded, derived from a weak ‘HC’ debate source to boot.

kthxbye. ;) I get the point. I guess you just chose the wrong acronym then.
Quote: To the original poster, I was trying to convey how ‘internet-lingo’ – i.e. OMG, WTF, TTYL, BBL, CYA, L8 d00d, etc. – may ease the laziness of the typist at the expense of comprehension; it also looks bad ;) .  I’m not sure how ‘internet-lingo’ ties in with abbreviated game language, but that [point] was a very minor example of the overall concept I was trying to touch on, which was that I felt the poster was being rude and sarcastic when he said:

Yea, I saw it that way too. Damn, the forum doesn't quote quotes. :( My first response looked like this when i first posted it:
Quote:Put 20 points in Blizzard and make sure the hardcore box is checked. And there you go.

Ya know, if you don't have patience looking for an answer, don't expect people to spend their time giving an answer.

Yea, so I really had no intention of attacking you personaly. I hope you don't feel that way. I attacked no one in this thread, just their words. We all say weird stuff when it passes a certain time of day. That time of day is also when you get to see those bright shiny objects! Never mind about that. :D
Archon_Wing,Nov 22 2004, 10:37 PM Wrote:Yea, so I really had no intention of attacking you personaly. I hope you don't feel that way.[right][snapback]60886[/snapback][/right]

No, no, not at all! If anything I felt it was my fault for the poor wording. Just glad I could clarify, because you’re probably not the only one mislead by my wording. I'm mainly relieved someone pointed [that] out before I really got flamed :D .
I just wanted to point out i have never used the terms "L8, 1337, d00d, botd, gg," or any other D2 slang here, aside from the occasional HC, which for those that do not know, means hardcore. I figured 99% of people playing D2 know what that meant, and hey, if a few abbreviations can save me a few keystrokes, so be it. I just dont like having fingers pointed at me for something so simple and stupid to argue about. Anyways, im outa here, joined a new clan, people are quite friendly and willing to lend a hand/items. I now represent DC. See ya allz L8. <_<

-mobsta

Good luck and have fun! :)