Dual-wielding set items
Greetings.

If you don't want to read my apologizing, skip this chapter. Now, this is my first time in any kind of forum, so let's hope that I'll do well. I tried searching answer to this problem, but I wasn't satisfied. And I wish this is the best place to put this question.

I have wondered this matter for a long time. To understand me better, think that you are playing with a barbarian. You have just completed the set called Angelic Raiment. You are wearing all of its items including the sword and the ring. Then you happen to find another sword and ring of the Angelic Raiment. You decide to find out if they give you any extra bonuses if you dual wield the two set swords and rings. And my question is, do you get any extra bonuses for dual-wielding two swords and two rings of the same set?

-Lucky
~Lukki
Lucky Barbarian,Nov 18 2004, 11:57 AM Wrote:do you get any extra bonuses for dual-wielding two swords and two rings of the same set?

There are two kinds of set bonuses, the ones that are displayed on all the items in the set in gold, and the ones special to each item that appear on that item in green.

Wearing multiple rings or swords will not increase the gold bonus at all, whether you are wearing a full or partial set.

However, the duplicate set items will both get their respective green bonuses. In the case of wearing two rings, you will certainly get double benefit. In the case of swords though, you will only double any passive benefit on the swords (eg +Str or +life). +AR or +damage that only applies when you hit with a weapon, will naturally only apply when that weapon is used. You only hit with one weapon at a time, so typically you only ever get that benefit applied once. This is the case for any dual-weapon setup though, not just your set scenario.
"Thank you. We always have a shortage of unfounded opinions, so this will really help us. " - adeyke