Xbox Live
I am an Xbox owner, and I would like to get Xbox Live. But Im not sure if my piece of just computer has met the proper system requirements or not. So I went to the Xbox homepage to find out the information that I need. It says high-speed internet service, would it be alright if I had medium high-speed internet? And does it matter if my computer is quite a bit slower than the average computer, it has a very sad 64 MB RAM, only a few GB of hard drive space, it sucks. Does Xbox live need software to run while you are playing online?

Thanks
Perhaps I am missing something painfully obvious (and if I am, please do tell), but your computer specs have nothing to do with it. In fact, your computer in general has nothing to do with Xbox Live... Xbox Live is for your Xbox.

In any case, Xbox really needs either Cable or DSL.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
There are a couple of different ways to get your Xbox online so that you can use Xbox Live, and connecting through your computer is one of them. Unfortunately, I know nothing about it other than the fact that you can do it. My Xbox is connected through a router.

This website does a good job of describing the different ways to connect your Xbox. Sounds to me like Patrick is asking about the Windows ICS method of connection. That site doesn't list any minimum system specs, but you will need an ethernet network card in your PC and a crossover cable.

--Copadope
Ok thanks guys I was a little bit confused, usualy with online games you need a fast computer, kind of like you need a good computer to run games like GTA Vice City. And about the eithernet cable, where do you get it?

And after I have hooked up all of the cables together I go to the Xbox dashboard and sign up for Xbox Live. Can I just use this 2 month free trial card I got while buying a game? Or I can just buy a kit from the Xbox retailer?
Just use the activation code you get for the 2-month trial. You don't need the kit to activate Xbox Live.

You have to give them all your information (billing address, credit card #, etc.) but you won't be charged until your free trial is complete.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London