We promised that we would
When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die

- Manowar
Ashkael,Nov 17 2004, 07:17 PM Wrote:Take a look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...5137142936&rd=1

I feel so sorry for the buyer.
[right][snapback]60380[/snapback][/right]

That is cheap. Just leave a few spaces "You are bidding on a picture of my laptop".
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
I don't feel bad at all. People need to read before they click that "bid" button.

I saw that my first skim through the listing. I'd never bid money on something unless I fully understood what I was getting into.

It's not nearly as bad as GRILLED CHEESE.
See you in Town,
-Z
Don't be so sure someone got scammed. Check the seller's feedback:

Quote:No pic yet, maybe he's waiting for the photo of the cheque to clear ? ;) SCAMMER
  Buyer  unclefista ( 472)    17-Nov-04 16:46  5137142936

With 12 bids on the auction though, I bet at least one of them read too fast and has "unclefista" to thank.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
That's just terrible. Yes, people don't read the fine print, but that's still pretty low. :(
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Ashkael,Nov 17 2004, 07:17 PM Wrote:Take a look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...5137142936&rd=1

I feel so sorry for the buyer.
[right][snapback]60380[/snapback][/right]

In Latin, the observation is:

Caveat Emptor

PT Barnum was right. (There is a sucker born every minute, and two to take him.)

Nice to see the unclefista bid appears to have a kicker. :)

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Zarathustra,Nov 17 2004, 10:33 PM Wrote:I don't feel bad at all.  People need to read before they click that "bid" button.

I saw that my first skim through the listing.  I'd never bid money on something unless I fully understood what I was getting into.

It's not nearly as bad as GRILLED CHEESE.
[right][snapback]60402[/snapback][/right]

:) That is funny. It looks like unclefista e-mailed a picture of a check for £625.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hopefully the bidder's picture of a check had the account number and address blocked out. B)

Quote:PT Barnum was right. (There is a sucker born every minute, and two to take him.)

Nice to see the unclefista bid appears to have a kicker.

And too bad there are so many people willing to take advantage of those suckers.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein