Why are us mods so uptight sometimes?
Here is why.

May you always come here as a home away from the Burning Legion. As long as we're here, we'll keep them at bay. :)

-Bolty

P.S. If that link doesn't make you laugh (and cry) simultaneously, sorry.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Hail,

quoting Homer J. Simpson:

"I hope I didn't brain my damage!"

Take care,

Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
Bolty,Nov 16 2004, 07:20 PM Wrote:Here is why.

May you always come here as a home away from the Burning Legion.  As long as we're here, we'll keep them at bay.  :)

-Bolty

P.S. If that link doesn't make you laugh (and cry) simultaneously, sorry.
[right][snapback]60318[/snapback][/right]

Sooo can you take over General chat too please? ;)
Bolty,Nov 17 2004, 01:20 AM Wrote:[P.S. If that link doesn't make you laugh (and cry) simultaneously, sorry.
[right][snapback]60318[/snapback][/right]

Oh, I did both. It reminds me of something us Lurkers don't do enough.....Thank you for having this site and for keeping up the ungrateful job of keeping 'them' at bay.

After reading that link, I went back here, sat in the lurker corner and nibbled a cookie, while feeling at home :D
Thought you guys might be interested in this as a follow-up to the link in the first post.

I have often wondered- don't the denizens of the b.net forums realize that they are almost universally regarded as being the retarded annoying stepchildren of the online gaming community? And if they do realize it, why don't they care?
RTM,Nov 19 2004, 10:34 PM Wrote:Thought you guys might be interested in this as a follow-up to the link in the first post.

I have often wondered- don't the denizens of the b.net forums realize that they are almost universally regarded as being the retarded annoying stepchildren of the online gaming community? And if they do realize it, why don't they care?
[right][snapback]60549[/snapback][/right]

I used to wander over to the War Room, a few years back, for the express purpose of finding idiotic posters there and flaming them.

Why?

Stress relief. Sometimes, while putting together a flame, I'd start to laugh to myself, which is usually the path to defeating stress and frustration anyway. Writing is cathartic. The Moron Magnets such as dii.net and b.net forums serve a valuable, internet-social purpose. Please don't take them away. However, like another institution that serves a useful purpose, the whorehouse, you don't want to live there, just visit now and again to get stress relief.

It is so nice to have a "home." :)

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Dec 3 2004, 05:36 PM Wrote:I used to wander over to the War Room, a few years back, for the express purpose of finding idiotic posters there and flaming them.
[right][snapback]61833[/snapback][/right]

What name did you use back then?
DeeBye,Dec 3 2004, 09:17 PM Wrote:What name did you use back then?
[right][snapback]61856[/snapback][/right]

I used a few different Nom De Flames

Occhidiangela
Brother K
BeerGoggles(ALE)

I think I used Il Cattivo now and again, but during one of the forum format changes, my CD key simply stopped working. Maybe I got banned, not sure.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Dec 3 2004, 11:20 PM Wrote:I used a few different Nom De Flames

BeerGoggles(ALE)
[right][snapback]61857[/snapback][/right]

THAT'S the one! I was never positive, but I always thought it was you. Were you seriously involved in the whole (ALE) thing?
DeeBye,Dec 3 2004, 10:40 PM Wrote:THAT'S the one!  I was never positive, but I always thought it was you.  Were you seriously involved in the whole (ALE) thing?
[right][snapback]61863[/snapback][/right]

Seriously? Not sure when you were referring to "the whole ALE thing" and my forum nonsense depended on the week. (TZDS was an ALE charade in the Clan Hall designed to get laughs. It did.) Meeting them folks sure added a lot of laughs to my life, and a few drunken weekends. Lesson learned: WC III while hammered on Crown Royal is a disorienting experience in a many vs many Comp Stomp.

Met up with a few of the folks in 2001 for a wild drunken weekend: my face hurt from laughing so much. Met Ozkar IRL, (a very late addition). He's a funny guy after a few beers, somewhat different from his forum persona. I was around and failed miserably as a peacemaker for the entire, sad, ridiculous on line feud. A year later, two of that group got married, was there for that weekend, though I missed the wedding the day before due to work. X-Slayer I still hear from now and again. Washu(ALE) as well, she's sharp, and a goddess of Fantasy Football leagues. Still in touch with Mogons, Mr EZ, 3K~2000GT and Bigun, who developed quite a rep as the HC expert on Blizz forums. He's a great guy IRL, as are both 3K and EZ. Not sure if you remember Rahl SoT(ALE,) he got way into RTCW. He wrote an excellent D II Hardcore Guide. He and Bigun were big into HC, and for sure fun guys to get around a few beers with.

My favorite Bigun line of all time, to some idiot at the War Room:

"When your IQ gets to 50, sell."

I still use that, probably owe him a royalty or two, or at least a footnote.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete