Half-Life 2
Nomad25055,Nov 22 2004, 08:28 PM Wrote:I thought I had six but I only have five. Turns out I took two shots of the same sighting. I have seen him a few more times than this, I just wasn't fast enough to hit F5 :P.

I apologize for the fact that he may be hard to see as I took these on the fly B). These were taken on mid/high settings. I only just recently got around to turning the graphics up.
EDIT: If you notice the fact that I have full ammo and health in all the shots, it is because it was the second/third time through the game and I was just messing around with the physics :P. Also note how I have low FPS in two of the shots. When you take a screenshot you FPS takes a dive for a second or two. And speaking of FPS, what do you get? I get anywhere from 50 - 200 FPS, although i average 120+.
[right][snapback]60853[/snapback][/right]

What's with the black mesa stamps all over?

Are you riding around on a motorcycle?
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
If you haven't played the game then telling you the deal with the lambda symbols would be a spoiler! And as for what I am driving, that would be the air boat. I will upload a shot of it here in a minute.

EDIT: Here we go, I searched through all of my screenshots and finally found this quick shot of the airboat
[Image: d1_canals_060009.jpg]
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
10 kinds of awesome.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Nomad25055,Nov 23 2004, 05:45 AM Wrote:If you haven't played the game then telling you the deal with the lambda symbols would be a spoiler!
[right][snapback]60889[/snapback][/right]
Not really. It just shows you were there's extra loot to be found. It has no relevance to the story.

Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Walkiry,Nov 18 2004, 05:08 AM Wrote:...
The only thing is that Gordon seems to have butter feet, and when trying to do the (luckily not so numerous) tricky jumps sometimes he'll just keep tumbling forward without any chance to stop for a step or two (far too much inertia for my liking), but meh.
[right][snapback]60418[/snapback][/right]
He is, as Dr. Breen so aptly describes, merely a Phd MIT graduate, not some muscle bound nimble special forces operative or highly trained assassin. :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

You can safely give away that much without spoiling anything. The symbols have another use/meaning.
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
I've always considered the flight simulator genre as just another breed of the same cat as the first-person shooter. One that, conveniently enough, doesn't have the failings being spoken of here.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Nomad25055,Nov 24 2004, 01:46 AM Wrote:You can safely give away that much without spoiling anything. The symbols have another use/meaning.
[right][snapback]61023[/snapback][/right]

Oh? Do tell! :)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
FoxBat,Nov 16 2004, 07:14 AM Wrote:More excited myself about this related game.  Which coincidentally comes out the same time.  :rolleyes:  Hopefully there isn't any steam-related authentication garbage with this one.
[right][snapback]60306[/snapback][/right]
Odd. Despite all the news that Bloodlines came out at the same time, I wan't able to sight a copy until today— two weeks after I saw HL2 come out.

And be assured there is no online authentication check made with Bloodlines. In fact, there's no online... anything. It's (as far as news and logic tell me) a wholly Single Player game.

I am a bit miffed that it's Camarilla-centered. I was hoping to at least pick out an apolitical Lasombra as a player character. That's not to be. You pick and choose from the seven clans affiliated with Camarilla and their adherence to the Masquerade. Right now, though, I have to do the whole "make sure your drivers are up to date" thing to see if that cures my lagging sound and the 'bluescreen of death+auto restart' crash I get when the vampire overfeeds on clubgoers in The Asylum.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Rhydderch Hael,Nov 25 2004, 04:06 AM Wrote:Odd. Despite all the news that Bloodlines came out at the same time, I wan't able to sight a copy until today— two weeks after I saw HL2 come out.

And be assured there is no online authentication check made with Bloodlines. In fact, there's no online... anything. It's (as far as news and logic tell me) a wholly Single Player game.

I am a bit miffed that it's Camarilla-centered. I was hoping to at least pick out an apolitical Lasombra as a player character. That's not to be. You pick and choose from the seven clans affiliated with Camarilla and their adherence to the Masquerade. Right now, though, I have to do the whole "make sure your drivers are up to date" thing to see if that cures my lagging sound and the 'bluescreen of death+auto restart' crash I get when the vampire overfeeds on clubgoers in The Asylum.
[right][snapback]61215[/snapback][/right]

Really?

I have a few audio-stuttering problem but that is all.

Tremere all the way for me.

I do agree however that not be able to play some of the clans (assamar) was a bummer.

Smithy
smithy,Nov 25 2004, 01:50 AM Wrote:Really?

I have a few audio-stuttering problem but that is all. 

Tremere all the way for me. 

I do agree however that not be able to play some of the clans (assamar) was a bummer.

Smithy
[right][snapback]61217[/snapback][/right]
The audio stutter isn't a concern for me. I'll just have to update my video and sound drivers (but I'll need SP2 updated on my WinXP as well, and since I am on dialup, that meant odering the CD-ROM in the mail).

The crash, though, is a worry. But the blue-screen that flashes just before the computer re-asserts makes mention of updating drivers.

My first character happens to be a Tremere as well. It'd be interesting to see what blood-boil will do. But I suspect a Tremere's way of dealing with things is going to involve lots of sucking down blood-bags. Their physical attributes have a cap— it's spellcasting that's their ace in a fight.
I checked the price of half life 2,in supermarkets;it's around 60 euros...(60 euros=78 dollars);in my opinion,it is very expensive for a game! the price of diablo 2 'battlechest' just after its release was about 45 euros,including the guides,but it was worth it.Maybe it's worth the price,I don't know,still,60 euros that's rather high a price.
I am interested to try it though:if it's that great,I could buy it;same for Doom 3,as I was told,'it's a great game'
So,I have some questions :
-what are the minimum requirements to play half life 2 ? (without freezing and no lag)
-is half life 2 a greater game than morrowind/doom 3/wow/neverwinter nights/sacred ? i ask this because I'd like to buy one game by the end of the year among these ones,and it has to be very good
-do you know where to watch a demo on the web?

Thanks,
Abramalin