Freeze paladin
I just started a paladin with these planned skills:

20 sacrifice
20 zeal
20 holy freeze
20 resist cold
1+ holy shield

The idea is to have holy freeze on all the time for slow and cold damage, and have sacrifice and zeal for extra physical damage and life steal. I'm not going with fanaticism because I want the slow from freeze. Any suggestions for playing style?
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
[quote=Minionman,Nov 14 2004, 06:13 AM]
I just started a paladin with these planned skills:

20 sacrifice
20 zeal
20 holy freeze
20 resist cold
1+ holy shield

Hi

I usually left sacrifice at level 1 and put the points in Salvation to max out the cold damage. To increase physical damage a Might merc is just as good. Unless you have good gear putting 1 point into Vengeance is a good idea to deal with PICI monsters.

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Assur,Nov 14 2004, 01:09 PM Wrote:
Minionman,Nov 14 2004, 06:13 AM Wrote:I just started a paladin with these planned skills:

20 sacrifice
20 zeal
20 holy freeze
20 resist cold
1+ holy shield

Hi

I usually left sacrifice at level 1 and put the points in Salvation to max out the cold damage. To increase physical damage a Might merc is just as good. Unless you have good gear putting 1 point into Vengeance is a good idea to deal with PICI monsters.

good karma
[right][snapback]60182[/snapback][/right]

I will have a might merc anyway, sacrifice just seems ot have a better synergy than salvation.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Hi

Sacrifice gives a bigger boost than Salvation. My Shockers and Freezers just tried to reach the maximum elemental damage possible, it also made aura kills easier when my merc tanked Stygian doll bosspacks whilst I stood around in the background and watched him earn his pay :D

To deal with PI/CI I usually used a 2-hand weapon with Vengeance and had Salvation as the active aura. It might be useful to have 1 point in Salvation if you've got +skill items.

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
[quote=Assur,Nov 14 2004, 10:50 PM]
Hi

Sacrifice gives a bigger boost than Salvation.

I agree, sacrifice is a better synergy, But at higher levels it becomes quite useless to use. Salvation,however, can greatly benefit your party at times when you need resistances.

Mike