Hepl Me With Diablo 1
[B][FONT=Times][SIZE=medium][COLOR=red]
Hey, people.

So I have Diablo 1 and it is a good game, I like it. One day I was bored and i was searching the web for an item editor, after finding 1 I downloaded it along with a bunch of legit weapons. After 10 minutes of confusion I decided to trash the editor, and that left me with the bunch of items. And of course there is a few things I want to use and heres where I got my problem. I might be just stupid, but please someone help me to get the items into the game so I can actualy use them. If you know you can email me or reply on the forum.

Thanks
Patrick pat_rock2189@hotmail.com
We support Legitmate play here, that is, no outside items, no hacks or dupes, no trainers etc. If you want to use items, find or buy them, pretty much :)
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
Patrick_A,Nov 12 2004, 02:34 AM Wrote:[B][FONT=Times][SIZE=medium][COLOR=red]
Hey, people.

So I have Diablo 1 and it is a good game, I like it. One day I was bored and i was searching the web for an item editor, after finding 1 I downloaded it along with a bunch of legit weapons.  After 10 minutes of confusion I decided to trash the editor, and that left me with the bunch of items.  And of course there is a few things I want to use and heres where I got my problem.  I might be just stupid, but please someone help me to get the items into the game so I can actualy use them.  If you know you can email me or reply on the forum.

Thanks
Patrick  pat_rock2189@hotmail.com
[right][snapback]60011[/snapback][/right]

My god. I mean this hardly even warrants a reply. Legit item files? Getting your "legit" items into the game by means other than the editor you trashed? Feels like we're back on the old blizzard board to tell the truth.

I don't know if the FAQ/Rules button is opertational again, but heres a small piece of advice: what you are doing is blatant cheating, and is not welcome in any way here. You won't find anyone who will aid you in locating or in the use of trainers/editors here.

If the FAQ is indeed back up, go and look it over. If you agree with what it says and wish to change your current plans of action then we will all be glad to help you out with strat, tactics and whatever else you may need. If not, then I would recomend that you find another community that condones cheating.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Yes well I have come to a conclusion about the item editors and cheating and all of it, its all wrong, I agree with you lurkers who have replied to my post. But I think that buying items off the net is for the hardcore nerd. It was my stupidity, not reading the FAQ's and the rules of using the lurker lounge. I am new to the lurker lounge and Diablo 1. I was just stuck in a part of the labrynth on Diablo 1 and I had no clue what to do. So now I am asking you for real. No cheating at all, can you please help me?

After totaly cleaning out all of levels 1-5 I am stuck on level 6. About to enter the main room I am always attacked by an army of blood clan, the goat like creatures and I am always killed no matter what I do, I've used town portals to stock up on everything, if I retreat I get cornered, nothing works. I was wondering what I can do to get stronger, level up or get a new weapon?
Hail,

you'll find some useful guides in the Diablo section (right off the main page, click navigation bar on the left, section "Strategy").

Also, I've found this site to be really helpful for beginners:

http://www.arewehavingfunyet.com/diablo/diablo.shtml

And last, but surely not the least, is Jarulf's Guide, "The Bible", which you can also find in the Diablo section (under "Hosted Sites").

Have fun playing the game, and if you have more specific questions, feel free to come back - but don't forget to give some details then. It's hard to give advice on the basis that you're stuck on Lvl 6.

Take care,

Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
Patrick_A,Nov 12 2004, 06:27 PM Wrote:Yes well I have come to a conclusion about the item editors and cheating and all of it, its all wrong, I agree with you lurkers who have replied to my post.  But I think that buying items off the net is for the hardcore nerd.  It was my stupidity, not reading the FAQ's and the rules of using the lurker lounge.  I am new to the lurker lounge and Diablo 1.  I was just stuck in a part of the labrynth on Diablo 1  and I had no clue what to do.  So now I am asking you for real.  No cheating at all, can you please help me?

After totaly cleaning out all of levels 1-5 I am stuck on level 6.  About to enter the main room I am always attacked by an army of blood clan, the goat like creatures and I am always killed no matter what I do, I've used town portals to stock up on everything, if I retreat I get cornered, nothing works.  I was wondering what I can do to get stronger, level up or get a new weapon?
[right][snapback]60076[/snapback][/right]

You have 3 choices. You could try to figure out some tactics to survive level 6. You could start a new game with the same character and clear the first 5 levels all over again. Lastly, you could start a new character, knowing it is much easier the second time around.

Before you get to the goats, do you see any doors anywhere on the level? If you set up camp at a doorway, you can fight the goats (and most other catacomb enemies) one at a time. Fighting one a time, and using potions if necessary, you should be able to handle the situation. If you can't get access to a door before you run into the goats, the best you can do is approach the goats very slowly, try to only lure a few at a time, and lead them back around a wall before ambushing them. Positional tactics are very important in Diablo, *especially* for a character trying to survive the first journey through the catacombs or caves.