U.S. Open Beta Reports
According to the WOW fansites, the Open Beta for WOW starts today in the U.S. I would be interested in some (in-depth) reviews of the current game state :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I'll give you an assessment of the pally at level cap once I have a chance to get in and play. =)
nobbie,Nov 8 2004, 06:57 AM Wrote:According to the WOW fansites, the Open Beta for WOW starts today in the U.S. I would be interested in some (in-depth) reviews of the current game state :)
[right][snapback]59634[/snapback][/right]

Dammit, nobbie, I've got a greek history test to study for, a novel to read, and a midterm essay to finish. Do you have any idea how hard that is when you're hitting refresh on the beta website every ten seconds?
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Nov 8 2004, 04:21 PM Wrote:Dammit, nobbie, I've got a greek history test to study for, a novel to read, and a midterm essay to finish. Do you have any idea how hard that is when you're hitting refresh on the beta website every ten seconds?
[right][snapback]59664[/snapback][/right]

The open beta is on! The link to download is on the WoW front page, if you can get to it through the server meltdown.

It looks like fun times ahead; I want to get on-line tomorrow to check out the new druid rez capability and gripe about buff reagents with everyone else. :)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
torrented the client a few days ago, just need an account. <_<

FilePlanet's having seizures.

Which raises the one question I am forced to ask:

Why #$%&ing FilePlanet? Does Blizzard hate us so?
nobbie,Nov 8 2004, 08:57 AM Wrote:According to the WOW fansites, the Open Beta for WOW starts today in the U.S. I would be interested in some (in-depth) reviews of the current game state :)
[right][snapback]59634[/snapback][/right]

Heh. I can safely report that all of the Blizzard fanatics have brought Fileplanet to its knees. I have never before seen fileplanet tjhis laggy. It makes me fear for the first day of release. I'd put money on the servers being down more than 50% of the time for a while.

Smithy

EDIT: If you haven't gotten your key yet, don't bother. I spent the last hour trying to get into open beta. I never once got past the sign-up screen, instead I got stupid aspx .net errors. Now, all of the keys are gone. Pardon my language, but that is some Bull****. What kind of open beta is it if people can't even get a key?

Hmm. Apparemtly you can still get in by going to worldofwarcraft.com

I guess that explains why WoW.com is crashed.
smithy,Nov 8 2004, 10:03 PM Wrote:Heh.&nbsp; I can safely report that all of the Blizzard fanatics have brought Fileplanet to its knees.&nbsp; I have never before seen fileplanet tjhis laggy.&nbsp; It makes me fear for the first day of release. ...
There is a reason why the Europe pre-orders are limited (for the first sales "wave") :D
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
smithy,Nov 8 2004, 02:03 PM Wrote:EDIT: If you haven't gotten your key yet, don't bother.&nbsp; I spent the last hour trying to get into open beta.&nbsp; I never once got past the sign-up screen, instead I got stupid aspx .net errors.&nbsp; Now, all of the keys are gone.&nbsp; Pardon my language, but that is some Bull****.&nbsp; What kind of open beta is it if people can't even get a key?
[right][snapback]59667[/snapback][/right]

I second your language.
unless,Nov 8 2004, 04:15 PM Wrote:I second your language.
[right][snapback]59673[/snapback][/right]

Thirded. Heh, blizzard just changed their front page image to a link to FilePlanet... quarter an hour after the keys are gone.
Now that Fileplanet's keys are gone and WoW.com seems to be down, is there even a chance of getting into the "open" beta?