WOW Exploitation Policies released
Clicky --> http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/policy/ex...tion.shtml
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:If a player is found to have modified a UI so that they gain an unfair advantage in the game over others

:wacko:

That's very... Well-defined.
And here is the "World of WarCraft" TOU Agreement:

https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/agreement.html

Finally, they forbid the Sales of Items in the "Real World" in their TOU Agreement:
Quote:7. Selling of Items.

Remember, at the outset of these Terms of Use, where we discussed how you were "licensed" the right to use World of Warcraft, and that your license was "limited"? Well, here is one of the more important areas where these license limitations come into effect. Note that Blizzard Entertainment either owns, or has exclusively licensed, all of the content which appears in World of Warcraft. Therefore, no one has the right to "sell" Blizzard Entertainment's content, except Blizzard Entertainment! So Blizzard Entertainment does not recognize any property claims outside of World of Warcraft or the purported "sale" in the "real world" of anything related to World of Warcraft. Accordingly, you may not sell items for "real" money or trade items for things of value outside of World of Warcraft.
I hope that they actually watch eBay after WOW has gone online.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Who cares?

Think of them as peons... ;)

-Arnulf
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
That shops risks a lot :)

This one looks suspicious:

Quote:H. You may not be able to access World of Warcraft whenever you want, and there may be extended periods of time where you cannot access World of Warcraft;
nobbie,Nov 9 2004, 03:47 PM Wrote:That shops risks a lot :)

What do you mean and how?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Jarulf,Nov 11 2004, 09:43 AM Wrote:What do you mean and how?
[right][snapback]59940[/snapback][/right]
I'm referring of the army of Vivendi lawyers ;) I'm sure they won't hesitate to sue people if they violate the TOU of WOW, because in WOW, customer satisfaction - who pay $15/month as fee, will depend a lot more on an uncorrupted game economy and an enjoyable gaming experience (unlike in Diablo II, which was more or less free to play).
nobbie,Nov 11 2004, 06:43 AM Wrote:I'm sure they won't hesitate to sue people if they violate the TOU of WOW, because in WOW, customer satisfaction - who pay $15/month as fee, will depend a lot more on an uncorrupted game economy and an enjoyable gaming experience
[right][snapback]59944[/snapback][/right]

You wish. -_- Blizzard has learned their lesson, that people can fill their boards with whine and profanity, and yet they're still the most popular game in town at the end of the day.

Even SOE couldn't win this fight, so I don't think Blizz will be much better off. Sure they'll nail a few sites, but it won't stop, the drive for money will in many cases overcome any fears of random enforcement.
nobbie,Nov 11 2004, 12:43 PM Wrote:I'm referring of the army of Vivendi lawyers ;) I'm sure they won't hesitate to sue people if they violate the TOU of WOW, because in WOW, customer satisfaction - who pay $15/month as fee, will depend a lot more on an uncorrupted game economy and an enjoyable gaming experience (unlike in Diablo II, which was more or less free to play).
[right][snapback]59944[/snapback][/right]

He was refering to the SHOP, not people buying or selling there. Besides, what would the lawyers be fore? They would simply remove access to the servers for those players.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
I need a clue ...

Distribution of game mechanics is a potential violation??
whyBish,Nov 13 2004, 03:29 AM Wrote:I need a clue ...

Distribution of game mechanics is a potential violation??
[right][snapback]60116[/snapback][/right]

I'm sure the DMCA is broad enough to justify that one. :rolleyes: