@Bolty and all, guild concerns
For the Horde!

Good to know I won't have to bust any Basiner skulls while running about on the PvP server.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Nov 9 2004, 12:00 AM Wrote:For the Horde!

Good to know I won't have to bust any Basiner skulls while running about on the PvP server.
[right][snapback]59701[/snapback][/right]

Undead Warlock for the win. :)

Sorry, I have been reading the official forums for too long. I swear I can't read a single topic without seeing "for the win" or for the even cooler people "ftw".

Seriously though, I am thinking a warlock for PvP horde will be first char. See ya in game.

Smithy ----> :ph34r: :unsure: :ph34r: <------ Artega

Guess who is in the middle? :)

Smithy
I've got a crew from EQ and Diablo2 set to start a ravaging band of Troll pirates.

"Yarrr, mahn! Give us da heeeerrrrbs and you live, mahn!"

It's really a pity our most "hardcore" player is dead set against PvP.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
smithy,Nov 8 2004, 11:31 PM Wrote:I just asked on their forums.

The answer I got was

PvP Horde and Alliance PvE.
[right][snapback]59699[/snapback][/right]
Right, but which servers?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I resent the assertions that just because I game with the lurkers that I am:
A) Responsible
B) Organized
C) Mature

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever! :P
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
Bolty,Nov 9 2004, 11:33 AM Wrote:Right, but which servers?

-Bolty
[right][snapback]59753[/snapback][/right]

Oops. That would probably be good to know, huh. :)

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/wow/forums/i...php?showforum=8

Looks like they are on PvP 9 and PvE (PvP is test 9 and PvE is test 2).

Smithy
Ok, sooo.....

Bottom line, as a new tester in the Open Beta, which servers should I be using for PvP and PvM if I want to play with fellow Lurkers?
smithy,Nov 9 2004, 06:47 PM Wrote:Oops.&nbsp; That would probably be good to know, huh.&nbsp; :)

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/wow/forums/i...php?showforum=8

Looks like they are on PvP 9 and PvE&nbsp; (PvP is test 9 and PvE is test 2).

Smithy
[right][snapback]59802[/snapback][/right]
Haha, the name Bolty is already taken on PvE test 2. Doesn't take long.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
unless,Nov 10 2004, 12:05 AM Wrote:Ok, sooo.....

Bottom line, as a new tester in the Open Beta, which servers should I be using for PvP and PvM if I want to play with fellow Lurkers?
[right][snapback]59803[/snapback][/right]
I don't think there is a consensus about that. As for me, I will stick to PvE until there are some antigriefing rules. Every time I log on to PvP there is some level 60 character doing nothing but griefing lowbies. I do not know how that could possibly be fun for anyone old enough to "lawfully" play the game. Some of us "deal" with it but for me, life is too short to put up with a steady diet of brainless brats online. As to the servers, it looks like those posted above are as good as any.
I've been a bit out of it recently, since hours spent in the emergency room have cut into my playing time. However I was reading on the WoW forums about the new RP servers, and I wondered if there is any interest in a guild presence (with or without AB) on those?

Hoping I don't have to change my signature at some point soon.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
unless,Nov 9 2004, 04:05 PM Wrote:Ok, sooo.....

[right][snapback]59803[/snapback][/right]

I just went ahead and started a char on Test 8. Charname is Naari, a Night Elf, if any other Lurkers are there.
Tal,Nov 6 2004, 10:20 PM Wrote:We can always post the color choices and designs&nbsp; here and have a vote. :)
[right][snapback]59502[/snapback][/right]

Tabard Designer will fix that problem silly Tal.
Hi folks,

I'm the Guild Leader for the Basin's WoW chapter. I was in that role for the DAoC chapter for a couple years before moving over to head up the WoW guild. The Basin has always been glad of the friendly relationship we have with the Lounge folks and we're very much looking forward to continuing that relationship in WoW.

As Bolty noted, we're currently playing on Test 9, Horde PvP and Test 2, Alliane PvE. On release, we'll have two branches of the guild, one Horde PvP and one Alliance PvE. Since we don't have server names yet or anything of that sort, I can't yet tell you which servers in particular we'll be located on, unfortunately. When we have that information, I'll be sure to keep you folks in the loop of what's going on.

Glad to know we'll be seeing y'all in WoW. Very cool.

-RH
ReptileHouse,Nov 12 2004, 11:18 AM Wrote:Hi folks,

I'm the Guild Leader for the Basin's WoW chapter. I was in that role for the DAoC chapter for a couple years before moving over to head up the WoW guild. The Basin has always been glad of the friendly relationship we have with the Lounge folks and we're very much looking forward to continuing that relationship in WoW.

As Bolty noted, we're currently playing on Test 9, Horde PvP and Test 2, Alliane PvE. On release, we'll have two branches of the guild, one Horde PvP and one Alliance PvE. Since we don't have server names yet or anything of that sort, I can't yet tell you which servers in particular we'll be located on, unfortunately. When we have that information, I'll be sure to keep you folks in the loop of what's going on.

Glad to know we'll be seeing y'all in WoW. Very cool.

-RH
[right][snapback]60054[/snapback][/right]

Why only Horde PvP and Alliance PvE?
Hi gang. I'm one of the poor schlubs Reptilehouse talked into helping admin the Basin guilds, so I can answer your question.

The short answer is that based on our experience with running multiple server branches in DAoC (at one point it was four), we found it difficult to manage the whole thing. Cultures on each server began to grow in differnet directions, in effect moving us away from our vision of a unified guild.

To avoid the same dynamic from happening again, we orginally wanted to just support one server, but compromized on two. Based on our read of the wants and desires of our guild members, we picked PvE Alliance and PvP Horde. Most of the hardcore DAoC PvP types like the underdog status that the Horde seems to represent and thus for balance Alliance PvE seemed like a good choice. This allows you to experience most of the games content and classes.

Anyway, we know that not everyone will be please with our choice, but most of our past and current members should be able to find a home.

I'm not a regular reader of the LL boards, so if you ever need anything, just send me or RH a PM.

Looking forward to playing with you all in WoW. :)

Cathan
The Amazon Basin
WoW Guild Admin
Nice fez :)
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Assur,Nov 12 2004, 05:59 PM Wrote:Nice fez :)
[right][snapback]60070[/snapback][/right]

It gives me uber-gamer abilities. Get one and you too can die faster and more often then most, just like me. ;) :)
Cathan
The Amazon Basin
WoW Guild Admin