Racial Traits Revealed...
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/races/...al-bonuses.html

May be old news to some but here they are.
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
They sound neat. Most of them sound useful. Whether the traits are unbalancing will depend on how long the active traits last and how long the cooldown time on those skills are. Trolls seem like the only ones who really get the shaft. (Moves to forums to complain, since he was considering making a Troll priestess for release).
They look good at least at first glance.
Magicbag,Nov 5 2004, 05:29 PM Wrote:http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/races/...al-bonuses.html

May be old news to some but here they are.
[right][snapback]59391[/snapback][/right]

This is the crushing blow to role playing, at least for this human paladin! For months I have been cultivating the "knight in shining armor" look that Blizzard promised. Full of hope and anticipation I went to the auction house this noontide and found a good deal on a blazing rapier to replace my aging mallet.

Lanthorn, cape, and rapier! With my green eye patch I am the perfect highway person! (Or, if you will, female highwayman, from the less politically correct Child ballad by that name.) Beats the sex industry professional persona popular among some paladins!

Stand and Deliver! as I ride down the guards at The Crossroads! What level herbalism for lupines?

"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Your loss - others gain - roleplayers keep going :)

I think you were joking. But over all I think this encourages roleplaying.
Ghostiger,Nov 6 2004, 09:33 PM Wrote:But over all I think this encourages roleplaying.
[right][snapback]59511[/snapback][/right]
Overall, I don't think it'll really matter to roleplaying. Those who want to roleplay will and those who don't won't. [Image: shrug2.gif]
Intolerant monkey.
I beg to differ about the trolls.

The health regen is sweet and partially works in combat!

The beserker speed boost is 25% and is pretty significant to get those lowhp heals off.

OK, improved throw is crap for now, ill give you that. :)

Heres the stats we have on these racial abilities. Unfortunately the cooldowns on the active skills still elude the community, but right now, these are the stats that got out:

Human: +5% spi; +10 stealth detect; +10% rep gains; +5 1H & 2H sword skill

Gnome: +5% int; +15 eng skill; +10 arcane resist

Dwarf: +10 frost resist; +5 Guns; Stoneform = +5% to armor & -70% movement

Nightelf: +10 nature resist; +2% dodge; +50% speed for wisp form; Shadowmeld lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Night Elf Rogues
and Druids with Shadowmeld are more difficult to detect while stealthed or prowling

Orcs: +5 1H & 2H Axes; +25% Str but 5% hp loss every 3 sec & lasts 20sec; +5% pet melee dmg; +25% chance to resist stun/knockout

Tauren: +10 nature resist; +5% HP; +15 herbalism; Stuns up to 5 enemies within 5 yds for 2 sec

Troll: +5 thrown skill; +10% HP (110% total) Regen, in combat 10% regen remains active; +5% dmg to beast; +25% attack/cast speed,
only when below 20% of hp

Undead: +300% water breath; +10 shadow resist; +25% hp regen for 20sec after kill (beast, humanoid, ud)
Valamyr,Nov 7 2004, 02:45 PM Wrote:I beg to differ about the trolls.

The beserker speed boost is 25% and is pretty significant to get those lowhp heals off.

Heres the stats we have on these racial abilities. Unfortunately the cooldowns on the active skills still elude the community, but right now, these are the stats that got out:

Human: +5% spi; +10 stealth detect; +10% rep gains; +5 1H & 2H sword skill

Gnome: +5% int; +15 eng skill; +10 arcane resist

Dwarf: +10 frost resist; +5 Guns; Stoneform = +5% to armor & -70% movement

Nightelf: +10 nature resist; +2% dodge; +50% speed for wisp form; Shadowmeld lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Night Elf Rogues
and Druids with Shadowmeld are more difficult to detect while stealthed or prowling

Orcs: +5 1H & 2H Axes; +25% Str but 5% hp loss every 3 sec & lasts 20sec; +5% pet melee dmg; +25% chance to resist stun/knockout

Tauren: +10 nature resist; +5% HP; +15 herbalism; Stuns up to 5 enemies within 5 yds for 2 sec

Troll: +5 thrown skill; +10% HP (110% total) Regen, in combat 10% regen remains active; +5% dmg to beast; +25% attack/cast speed,

Undead: +300% water breath; +10 shadow resist; +25% hp regen for 20sec after kill (beast, humanoid, ud)
[right][snapback]59555[/snapback][/right]

Link to source please.

Smithy
smithy,Nov 7 2004, 08:04 PM Wrote:Link to source please.

Smithy
[right][snapback]59556[/snapback][/right]

The stats are not official, therefore subject to change, and therefore no reliable source can be provided, aside from links to other public boards where other suspicious people are asking for sources. :)

This being said, the same FoH leak allowed us to know a week early what the talents would be. So I'd say that the chances that there are any changes to this are close to nil.

The most important information however, recast and duration of active abilities, are still missing, and thats what matters most.
Valamyr,Nov 7 2004, 12:45 PM Wrote:I beg to differ about the trolls.

Thanks for the stats, although I still have to differ with you on the usefulness of troll skills. We agree on thrown skills (although now I'm tempted to make a "varient" character who uses them as his/her primary weapon :-)). Sorry, natural hit point regen is slow normally and at 10% regen? Come on, that's nothing. For a high level priestess, that'll be like 10 hit points a battle. The extra damage to beasts isn't important. The only thing possibly modestly useful is the +25% attack/cast speed at 20% health. We'll see. I'm considering going undead now, though.
Valamyr,Nov 7 2004, 07:45 PM Wrote:Orcs: +5 1H & 2H Axes; +25% Str but 5% hp loss every 3 sec & lasts 20sec; +5% pet melee dmg; +25% chance to resist stun/knockout

The 25% stun resist is nice, but I am not sure if it will be relevant in a lot of aspects. Currently only a few stun skills can be resisted, and thus are treated as spells. Most skills are treated as melee attacks, and can miss, be dodged/blocked/parried. I am wondering if this will be useful at all in light of this.
MongoJerry,Nov 7 2004, 09:29 PM Wrote:Thanks for the stats, although I still have to differ with you on the usefulness of troll skills.&nbsp; We agree on thrown skills (although now I'm tempted to make a "varient" character who uses them as his/her primary weapon :-)).&nbsp; Sorry, natural hit point regen is slow normally and at 10% regen?&nbsp; Come on, that's nothing.&nbsp; For a high level priestess, that'll be like 10 hit points a battle.&nbsp; The extra damage to beasts isn't important.&nbsp; The only thing possibly modestly useful is the +25% attack/cast speed at 20% health.&nbsp; We'll see.&nbsp; I'm considering going undead now, though.
[right][snapback]59561[/snapback][/right]

Well actually, regen isnt that slow... its quite fast. Especially later on.

10% regen in battle is for instance the warrior's defensive tree ultimate talent.

So a defensive troll warrior could have 20%, which is nothing to sneeze at.

I agree that for a priest its a bit less relevant, but then again, its a tradeoff, the Undead's activable resistance to CC might be better but itll entirely depend on duration and recast.

The exact specifics of Cannibalize will matter alot also. If Canni works like the first talent of the cleric's shadow tree as some suspect, itll be totally great. If it only works outside combat though, not much of a boon.