Just my Luck
Just thought I would say , I have been following WoW since the beginning , although not being able to participate , I was putting my name down for everything that I could , hoping , just hoping I would get picked for something . Then I go to see a friend of mine yesterday . This friend had no interest whatsoever , he listened to me month after month has I described screenshots , movies even some forum threads , all with a look of disdain . What do I see when I walk in , him sitting there looking all high and mighty saying "you gotta see this , it's bloody amazing" I think wooah what's he got . The look of horror on my face when I see in all its full coloured majesty . the mighty Tauren battling it's foes (well , small pig things) swinging it's huge hammer and smashing those poor animals to pulp . Disbelief , I must be dreaming . but no , while he is frantically clicking buttons and waving his mouse around like a mad thing , he says " I signed up for the open beta last week and got in " . Noooooooooo . Well , I'm not even sure I am going to put the lottery on this weekend . One week , One damn week . While I am typing this , I know I have to go to see him again today . I am thinking of taking a huge hammer..............
Take care
I know how you feel. I followed Horizons' development since shortly before AE was founded. I tormented Gnollguy and Tal with screenies and developers' journals for about 4 years. We all signed up for the beta. Tal got in first. A while later Gnollguy got in. Did I get anything? No. But since Gnollguy and I are married and I was picking out bugs over his shoulder, he sent in a nice email to them telling them that and so they let me into beta so they could get me under NDA. ;) I was glad to finally get in beta, but trust me, I was darned angry at those two monkeys that they got in with the lottery and I didn't.
Intolerant monkey.
Any relation to "Ravens of the Vale" from Percival?
Treesh,Nov 5 2004, 09:00 AM Wrote:I was glad to finally get in beta, but trust me, I was darned angry at those two monkeys that they got in with the lottery and I didn't.
[right][snapback]59338[/snapback][/right]
*whistles innocently* ;)
Ghostiger,Nov 5 2004, 01:54 PM Wrote:Any relation to "Ravens of the Vale" from Percival?
[right][snapback]59344[/snapback][/right]

Hiya , is that DAoC ? , played it for a while but not on Percival , shame , if only I'd known there was a guild named after me :) . No this Raven Vale is my first ever D&D character who sprang to life around 12 years ago , just one of the names I have stuck with .
Take care