How's your faith in humanity?
I fear for us, the human race. All this political stuff going on, all those arguments, the liberals, the conservitives, AIIEEE..... it's sickening.

I wish I could just yell "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?" but I know that we are incapable of such things. Fight is all we do. We don't have peace times, we have intermissions between the acts playing in the theater of war. And the play will go on and on and on...
Cynicism doesn't mean anything. Faith in humanity? Sounds like a buzzword to me. Does it really mean much of anything to you? "In humanity", in the genetics, the evolution, the history, the existing people, the culture? That's a vast, endless thing.

You have a lack of faith in near infinite data?

Or do you just feel like saying 'this x is going bad'

Because it's not. It's all pretty much the same as it ever was. We'll survive and slowly, surely get things right.

Stop dwelling on it. Worry about your own life.
My other mount is a Spiderdrake
What version of R/L are you running ? Maybe you just need a patch ..... ;)
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
Lord of Mudbeasts,Nov 4 2004, 11:43 PM Wrote:...CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?...
Statistically we do. Our media chooses to focus on the .001% that do not. Stop watching TV, and mingle more with your neighbors or go on a trip to XYZ place on the planet and make some new friends.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Well, even if people in general are all super bad, you live here, you might as well try to make it better.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Lord of Mudbeasts,Nov 4 2004, 10:43 PM Wrote:I fear for us, the human race. All this political stuff going on, all those arguments, the liberals, the conservitives, AIIEEE..... it's sickening.

I wish I could just yell "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?" but I know that we are incapable of such things. Fight is all we do. We don't have peace times, we have intermissions between the acts playing in the theater of war. And the play will go on and on and on...
[right][snapback]59308[/snapback][/right]

Here is an idea. Go and buy Denis Leary's "No Cure For Cancer" CD, and listen to the song that he sings at the end of his monologue. It is sure to cheer you up. Then, listen to "Voices in My Head" and the Irish song, which are add on songs and most uplifting. You will feel so much better, you'll run around all week with a crazed grin on your face.

My perscription for getting over your overwrought, drama queen moment. That, and a good listen to George Carlin's "You Are All Diseased" CD are surefire ways to cheer me up when I am feeling all suicidal, etc.

Enjoy. :D

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Nov 5 2004, 09:36 AM Wrote:Here is an idea.  Go and buy Denis Leary's "No Cure For Cancer" CD, and listen to the song that he sings at the end of his monologue.  It is sure to cheer you up.  Then, listen to "Voices in My Head" and the Irish song, which are add on songs and most uplifting.  You will feel so much better, you'll run around all week with a crazed grin on your face.

My perscription for getting over your overwrought, drama queen moment.  That, and a good listen to George Carlin's "You Are All Diseased" CD are surefire ways to cheer me up when I am feeling all suicidal, etc.

Enjoy.  :D

Occhi
[right][snapback]59370[/snapback][/right]

Don't forget the new release from Bill Shatner "We're All Gonna' Die". :D
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Taeme,Nov 5 2004, 06:47 AM Wrote:"In humanity", in the genetics, the evolution, the history, the existing people, the culture? That's a vast, endless thing.

[right][snapback]59343[/snapback][/right]

I have faith in man's ability to repeat the same mistakes. Link.

And faith in man's ability to give me a laugh during my dinner. Link.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Humanity has been the same for 7 thousand years. I have more faith in 7000 years history than your bad day.
Lord of Mudbeasts,Nov 4 2004, 09:43 PM Wrote:I fear for us, the human race. All this political stuff going on, all those arguments, the liberals, the conservitives, AIIEEE..... it's sickening.

[right][snapback]59308[/snapback][/right]

Just stay off the stuff, and it'll all get better.

Get yourself killed within the next 10-15 years, and it'll all get better.

Live those next 10-15 years, and grow up a bit, and it'll all get better.

See, no matter what, it'll all get better.... at least for you. For us it'll all get better when you stop the cliche barrage.

-A
Ashock,Nov 7 2004, 03:07 AM Wrote:Just stay off the stuff, and it'll all get better.
Get yourself killed within the next 10-15 years, and it'll all get better.
Live those next 10-15 years, and grow up a bit, and it'll all get better.
See, no matter what, it'll all get better.... at least for you. For us it'll all get better when you stop the cliche barrage.
-A
[right][snapback]59519[/snapback][/right]

Life is a cliche.
Occhidiangela,Nov 5 2004, 05:36 PM Wrote:Here is an idea.  Go and buy Denis Leary's "No Cure For Cancer" CD, and listen to the song that he sings at the end of his monologue.  It is sure to cheer you up.  Then, listen to "Voices in My Head" and the Irish song, which are add on songs and most uplifting.  You will feel so much better, you'll run around all week with a crazed grin on your face.Occhi
[right][snapback]59370[/snapback][/right]

"We drink and we fight , then we drink some more , because we have no heads "
(I hope that was the song :D )

Denis Leary and George Carlin are great listening choices to get you out of just about any kind of funk , I hafta add Stephen Wright there also ....

... BTW those are three people that are part of my vision of a new political party , the Comedic Party . Toss in Dennis Miller and Penn and Teller ...... :ph34r:
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
Rinnhart,Nov 7 2004, 06:04 PM Wrote:Life is a cliche.
[right][snapback]59581[/snapback][/right]

What? You mean it's not a bowl of cherries? Drat, and I was going to make cherry daquaris from it . . .

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Yeah, I was bummed out, too. (nt)