Poll: Collector's or Regualr
Which are you going to purchase?

I've already preordered the Collector's and hopefully will get it on 11/22 in time to get ready to go at midnight of 11/23... :D
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Nov 4 2004, 06:54 PM Wrote:Which are you going to purchase?

I've already preordered the Collector's and hopefully will get it on 11/22 in time to get ready to go at midnight of 11/23...  :D
[right][snapback]59257[/snapback][/right]

Regular. I just don't have the income to justify an extra $20 on the collectors addition although the extras look delicious.

Smithy

I've already preordered the Collector's and hopefully will get it on 11/22 in time to get ready to go at midnight of 11/23...  :D

Colllector's. The extra money isn't that much to me, and mmm ... pet. The map might be handy, too, if I draw the flightpaths on it. :)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Lissa,Nov 4 2004, 07:54 PM Wrote:I've already preordered the Collector's and hopefully will get it on 11/22 in time to get ready to go at midnight of 11/23...  :D

Quoted for agreement. I wonder if I should take the 23rd off from work? ;)
smithy,Nov 4 2004, 08:54 PM Wrote:Regular.  I just don't have the income to justify an extra $20 on the collectors addition although the extras look delicious.

Smithy
[right][snapback]59266[/snapback][/right]

regular is 49.99 collectors is 79.99 so thats actually 30 bucks! I think I'll get it anyways
Tal,Nov 4 2004, 06:11 PM Wrote:Quoted for agreement. I wonder if I should take the 23rd off from work? ;)
[right][snapback]59269[/snapback][/right]

Well, I just want to make sure I have my character names and no one steals them (I've seen two very close names on the forums and I don't want to have them take it from me on whichever server I choose to play on). I've already set up to take of the 29th so I'm getting a 5 day weekend that week.... :D
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I'll buy whichever's cheapest.

Collector's. I'm a sucker for CE's, no matter what the game. ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Neither.

WoW is a pretty fun game, but I just won't pay a monthly fee to play a game. I'm glad I was given the opportunity to play it free for 10 months, but to be quite honest I'm ready for another time-waster.
Regular. They ran out of Collectors.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Lissa,Nov 4 2004, 07:54 PM Wrote:Which are you going to purchase?

Sounds good. Where'd you pre-order from? I'd like to get my copy very early, too, since I'd like to reserve a few names (I was saddened to learn that HeavyMetalKing is too long - it was the perfect name for an Undead Warrior, what with their headbanging dance and all) and maybe get a few levels before every zone between Levels 1 and 50 become camped.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
If WOW, then the Collector's Edition. Just look at all the nice goodies you'll get for about 20-30$ more :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Interestingly enough, my local game store has IN STOCK, right this very minute, copies of the Collector's Edition of WoW. I know, because I got to see it. And the pictures don't do it justice. Imagine the WC3 CE, only 5x nicer looking. There you go. The thing looks SO awesome. It's incredible.

What I find interesting is that the game doesn't even come out until Tuesday, yet they've had these since ~Friday, at the latest. And yet the Open Beta JUST ended... Yeah, figure that one out. Do I smell LoD all over again? :P Patching on the first day just to bring it up to speed with where the beta ended... Wonderful. :P

Oh, and you might not want to bother with the Strategy Guide. Not only is it $25, instead of the usual $20, but it's already outdated. They put in Paladin Talents and Hunter Talents, and yet COMPLETELY disregarded the changes to the Paladin with his actual skills. Go figure. :P Maybe Talents for the Paladin were done long before the patch came out? *shrug* Who knows. But the guide, overall (I merely skimmed it), seems weak. I don't think it was worth the money, especially for most people, but I like to collect guides all the same, so I would have bought it either way.

Just a couple FYI's for you all.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Roland,Nov 21 2004, 11:31 PM Wrote:Patching on the first day just to bring it up to speed with where the beta ended... Wonderful. :P
[right][snapback]60714[/snapback][/right]
Its a sign of the times, its hard to think of any game that doesn't require a patch post download in order to play. Its the nature of the machine of pure multiplayer games, patches must be frequent. As much as we'd all love for blizzard to have an infinite bank account that could afford to bang out a lot of the major flaws with WoW and push the game off further, it just isn't a reality. For all the Beta testers and the rest of us, we'll be able to continue to see the growth of the game over time.

Here's to hoping they find balance sooner than later.

Cheers,

Munk
Roland,Nov 21 2004, 11:31 PM Wrote:Oh, and you might not want to bother with the Strategy Guide. Not only is it $25, instead of the usual $20, but it's already outdated. They put in Paladin Talents and Hunter Talents, and yet COMPLETELY disregarded the changes to the Paladin with his actual skills. Go figure. :P Maybe Talents for the Paladin were done long before the patch came out? *shrug* Who knows. But the guide, overall (I merely skimmed it), seems weak. I don't think it was worth the money, especially for most people, but I like to collect guides all the same, so I would have bought it either way.

Just a couple FYI's for you all.
[right][snapback]60714[/snapback][/right]

I want it alright, but not for the strategy guide purposes. Some strat guides have nice ideas, most have outdated numbers. But this guide has Penny Arcade comics ;)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Tal,Nov 4 2004, 09:11 PM Wrote:Quoted for agreement. I wonder if I should take the 23rd off from work? ;)
[right][snapback]59269[/snapback][/right]

Based on a number of past experiences, it's rarely worth it to take the first day off from work, unless it's just to get your names. Server uptime tends to be weak. I have high hopes for WoW, but experience tells me to recommend you don't bother.

And, by the way, I pre-ordered the CE a month or two ago.
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
According to Amazon.com, the WOW Collector's Edition - which is supposed to be limited to 75,000 units and (currently) only ships in the U.S. - is already sold out at Amazon.

I do believe though, that they will produce more than 75,000 units - at least additional ones for Europe ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Roland,Nov 22 2004, 04:31 AM Wrote:Oh, and you might not want to bother with the Strategy Guide. Not only is it $25, instead of the usual $20, but it's already outdated. ...
In Germany, I've just recently paid 14.95 Euro (SRP) for each official "WarCraft III" and "The Frozen Throne" strategy guide from Brady Games (large format, full-color). Must be either the current dollar-weakness, or the WOW guides are just way too expensive.
Two actual photos from the WOW CE, which have just been posted on the German fansite www.inWOW.de:

[Image: wow6.jpg]

[Image: wow5.jpg]
Teh hijack with a question for nobbie:

You normally seem on top of things, do you have any idea on where, when and how one can order and if there even will be a european Special Edition? I searched the net some, but there is contradictory information and maybe you came across something I missed. Gungdil of the European Closed Beta Forums has not made any announcements yet, I seem to remember a "yes" on a euro SE though somewhere during the last few weeks.

Any Info appreciated.

gleich ein Danke im Voraus

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.