Mercs and set items
I was wondering, do Mercs get the bonus of the set items? Like for example if I put 2 set items on a merc, like the sigon set on a barbarian merc, does he get the partial bonuses? or that one set with the 2 swords? does the barbarian get the full bonuses?

Thanks in advance
Shadow Dragon Nova,Nov 4 2004, 02:03 PM Wrote:I was wondering, do Mercs get the bonus of the set items? Like for example if I put 2 set items on a merc, like the sigon set on a barbarian merc, does he get the partial bonuses? or that one set with the 2 swords? does the barbarian get the full bonuses?

Thanks in advance
[right][snapback]59232[/snapback][/right]

If they can wear a set or part of a set, they do get all the bonuses associated with it. For example, an iron wolf can wear a complete Isenhart's set (not that he'd want to) and would get all the same gold/green bonuses that a player would. Since the barbarian mercs can wield only a single sword, they can only equip half of the Bul-Kathos set.
[quote=Shadow Dragon Nova,Nov 4 2004, 09:03 PM]
I was wondering, do Mercs get the bonus of the set items?

Well almost noone uses set items on their mercs (or at least tries to assemble sets on amerc, maybe one set item is good for a kind of merc, like guillaumes face is a good zealot helm), usually people use uniques on their mercenaries.
MikethemizJR,Nov 4 2004, 08:49 PM Wrote:Well almost noone uses set items on their mercs (or at least tries to assemble sets on amerc, maybe one set item is good for a kind of merc, like guillaumes face is a good zealot helm), usually people use uniques on their mercenaries.
[right][snapback]59262[/snapback][/right]

Hi. The original poster didn't ask for advice on whether or not to use sets on their mercs. The original poster asked:

Shadow Dragon Nova,Nov 4 2004, 05:03 PM Wrote:I was wondering, do Mercs get the bonus of the set items?

Its always a good idea to read all of the thread before responding. Otherwise you end up looking foolish.
Shadow Dragon Nova,Nov 4 2004, 05:03 PM Wrote:I was wondering, do Mercs get the bonus of the set items? Like for example if I put 2 set items on a merc, like the sigon set on a barbarian merc, does he get the partial bonuses? or that one set with the 2 swords? does the barbarian get the full bonuses?

Thanks in advance
You're talking about Bul-Kathos. No, that set won't work. It is a Barbarian-only set, as in the character. Barb mercs can't dual wield. They can however use sazabi's full set, though I personally don't like Barb mercs all that much. As far as I know, that is the only set a mercenary can actually complete, since mercs can't wear jewelry/boots/gloves/belt/class-specific (exeptions are barb mercs with barb helms). The barb will get the partial bonuses from sigons if you put it on him. Frankly, I don't see why you don't test it out yourself. Sigons is easy to get, and life leech can be seen on your barb.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Nov 7 2004, 08:22 PM Wrote:You're talking about Bul-Kathos.  No, that set won't work.  It is a Barbarian-only set, as in the character.  Barb mercs can't dual wield.  They can however use sazabi's full set, though I personally don't like Barb mercs all that much.  As far as I know, that is the only set a mercenary can actually complete, since mercs can't wear jewelry/boots/gloves/belt/class-specific (exeptions are barb mercs with barb helms).  The barb will get the partial bonuses from sigons if you put it on him.  Frankly, I don't see why you don't test it out yourself.  Sigons is easy to get, and life leech can be seen on your barb.
[right][snapback]59603[/snapback][/right]

You didn't bother to read the previous replies, did you <_<?
adeyke,Nov 8 2004, 12:06 AM Wrote:You didn't bother to read the previous replies, did you <_<?
[right][snapback]59612[/snapback][/right]

That seems to be entirely too common these days doesn't it? ;)