This just in...
Iolair,Nov 6 2004, 03:41 PM Wrote:I have been looking at both EQ2 and WoW for some time now. EQ2 has a couple of interesting things in their favor compared to WoW. EQ2 is released in America and Europe at the same time, whereas WoW won't be released in Europe for some time yet.
In EQ2 you can choose your server and you can play with your friends, whereever they are. In WoW you will be stuck on the servers Blizzard decides for you, americans can only play with americans, europeans can only play with europeans etc.

I personally believe the above factors can have a huge influence on what game people will buy. It made the choice for me.
And I should probably not say this, but EQ2 seems a lot more finished than WoW IMO.
[right][snapback]59479[/snapback][/right]

There are ways around what Blizzard is doing when the game launches. People have pointed out on the Blizzard forums that you could get around it by just ordering the game through Amazon or similar organization and either purchase gametime cards at the time you order the game or setup a Paypal account and pay that way, thus getting around the location issue.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Too funny...I just saw a listing for SoE that they have pushed up EQ2 to this Tuesday (an entire week forward). With Blizzard putting out the Open Beta of WoW this Monday, this shows that SoE really is scared of Blizzard since they moved everything up a week.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Iolair,Nov 6 2004, 03:41 PM Wrote:And I should probably not say this, but EQ2 seems a lot more finished than WoW IMO.

Sony's MMO record says they'll screw the pooch again.

And their models still have down's syndrome.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
It's amazing, WOW already ranks on place 1 on the German Amazon.de site, even though it's just preorders for January/February 2005:

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000...5327133-3784512

Sony's "EverQuest 2" ranks currently "only" on place 6:

"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Nov 7 2004, 05:07 AM Wrote:It's amazing, WOW already ranks on place 1 on the German Amazon.de site, even though it's just preorders for January/February 2005:

Sony's "EverQuest 2" ranks currently "only" on place 6:

[right][snapback]59520[/snapback][/right]

I am somewhat reluctant to buy WoW when it first goes to retail simply because of the amount of players that will be trying to get on the servers. I'm not quite sure Blizzard knows what they are in for.

Has anyone ever thought about what is going to happen when over a million people buy WoW? It might not happen immediately but damm, my money is on it happening rather soon provided the supply can meet the demand.

Smithy
Bolty, though you are right that the next patch wont be magic, it will introduce alot of things.

Regarding the PVP system, Blizzard has hinted the battleground system along with basic pvp rewards should be in.

Coupled with missing talents and racial abilities along with massive pro-horde revamps, they hope this will make the game live-able.

I, for one, am keeping my fingers crossed.
Valamyr,Nov 7 2004, 07:41 PM Wrote:Bolty, though you are right that the next patch wont be magic, it will introduce alot of things.

Regarding the PVP system, Blizzard has hinted the battleground system along with basic pvp rewards should be in.

Next patch will not bring a lot of things actually. Hunter/Paladin talents, and thats about it. The racial talents might make it in too. No Battlegrounds (Tyren said that they will not be in till retail), no 40+ spells for other classes, no raid zones (Silithid, Hyjal), and who knows if they will even release the pvp system.

Just to add, Caydiem also said this:

"Seriously, it will not be a huge patch. Probably around or slightly less than 40 megs"
I've just read the new issue (12/2004) of Germany's biggest gaming magazine GameStar, which has an in-depth preview of both "World of WarCraft" and "EverQuest 2" this month (the next issue will have a "mega-test" of WOW when it goes online next month in the U.S.). Although the magazine is known to be "pro-Blizzard", all authors agree that Sony's EQ2 - while nice - adds nothing beyond a classical MMOG that the competition hasn't too, and that WOW excels all current and soon to be released MMOG's in both gameplay and graphics/art direction. Sony's EQ2 earned a "Good" for future potential and WOW an "Excellent", which makes WOW the #1 MMOG for the upcoming years.

By the way, the article also mentioned that Blizzard is currently working on *TWO* soon to be announced game titles, not just one! "GameStar's" guess is that it will be "Diablo 3" AND "StarCraft 2", not just "or". That certainly makes appetite for more news - I think we'll get more infos from Blizzard once WOW is out and the next game year begins in spring 2005 :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
lemekim,Nov 7 2004, 08:49 PM Wrote:Next patch will not bring a lot of things actually. Hunter/Paladin talents, and thats about it. The racial talents might make it in too. No Battlegrounds (Tyren said that they will not be in till retail), no 40+ spells for other classes, no raid zones (Silithid, Hyjal), and who knows if they will even release the pvp system.

Just to add, Caydiem also said this:

"Seriously, it will not be a huge patch. Probably around or slightly less than 40 megs"
[right][snapback]59559[/snapback][/right]

Well, patch size is hardly indicative of content. Large patch size means new graphics, new music; the battleground system probably wont take alot of megabytes.

Im a bit disapointed in the battlegrounds news, but it appears you might be right on that.

Im sure racial talents will be in though, and hopefully pvp rewards.

Thats quite a bit of stuff, in my book. Should go a long way...