What is the meaning of Barbs noises?
I was just fooling around with an old barb character I had and starting using some of the war cries. After I issued a few I would at times hear like an echo. Is this a warning of the time running out or what?

Thanks
Depends. If you hear an echo of the sound of the warcry, that always happens. If time is running out, A warning message in red appears saying, "warning: this server will shut down in (#) minutes" So I dont think you need to worry about it.

I Hope I could be of help.
MikethemizJR
Sorry I was not clear. First this is SP only, no bnet. Second I should have said the sound was like an echo, but it would come up later, not right after I use the skill.

So I would be wandering around and after a bit, I would hear this call sound. It sounded like my character, but I cannot say for sure.
If you were in act3, sometimes these little spirits pop up and make a sound, but they only appear in the durance. But I do not think it is anything serious.
Up till now I had been playing with the sound off, so I had not heard that before. I suspect it is queue to the Cry expiring. I have not been able to figure out how to tell when one cry expires.

Also it is not clear which cries negate which ones.
vmxa,Nov 2 2004, 04:40 PM Wrote:Up till now I had been playing with the sound off, so I had not heard that before. I suspect it is queue to the Cry expiring. I have not been able to figure out how to tell when one cry expires.
Also it is not clear which cries negate which ones.
[right][snapback]58963[/snapback][/right]
your cries will stack, you will get a red ring at your feet for shout, this means your defense is boosted. You get a blue ring for Battle Orders, this means your life/mana/stamina is boosted. You get a yellow ring for Battle Command, this means you skills are upped by one. When the corresponding ring disapears, that effect goes with it until you re-cast. There are no warnings about the time it lasts. Your cries will stack, none of them negate the other.

These sounds may be your character being hit by monsters, they often let out a little "ugh" or similar.
Ah, thanks. BTW I hear the sounds when I return from a TP and no monsters are in sight, so still don't know what it is about.

vmxa,Nov 2 2004, 06:29 PM Wrote:Ah, thanks. BTW I hear the sounds when I return from a TP and no monsters are in sight, so still don't know what it is about.
[right][snapback]58980[/snapback][/right]
welcome to the world of harmless bugs, where little glitches do nothing but annoy...
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Nov 8 2004, 03:28 AM Wrote:welcome to the world of harmless bugs, where little glitches do nothing but annoy...
[right][snapback]59606[/snapback][/right]

Actually, that hapens when a merc, or a barb get's hit or is in the middle of an attack when entering the portal. There is no way to stop the animation, so it follows through. Normal as I am :P