Blizzard Action Figures
I'm interested how many Lurkers here collect, or have bought at least one, Blizzard Action Figure. And, whether or not you have one or more, which figures are your favorites? Do you perhaps collect figures from other popular games too, and if, which figures from which game?

Link to the Blizzard Action Figure series: http://shop.blizzard.com

I personally am a BIG fan of those beautifully crafted, very detailed 16/17 cm figures and have bought 8 so far:

From the first "Diablo II" series:

- Diablo
- Unraveler
- 2 Barbarians

I did't find the figures from the second "Diablo II" series (Necromancer, Corrupt Rogue, Baal Minion) that hot, so I skipped those. Especially the Necro looked somehow disappointing compared to the marvelous first series, which is a pity because I'm a huge Diablo Necro fan. The figures from the first "Diablo II" series (Diablo, Unraveler, Barbarian) are already very rare, I think.

From the first and second "WarCraft III" series (not the new mini series):

- Prince Arthas (as Death Knight)
- Shandris Feathermoon (Night Elf Archer (female)) - very sweet looking!
- Tichondrius (Undead Dread Lord) - looks awesome, on par with Diablo's design
- Grom Hellscream (Orc Chieftain)

The StarCraft figures look appealing too, but I'm not much into that game, so I haven't bought one yet.

I'm already looking for "World Of WarCraft" Action Figures. Does anyone know if there's any info out? Isn't there a figure in the upcoming "World Of WarCraft" Collector's Edition package?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Oct 26 2004, 05:58 PM Wrote:Link to the Blizzard Action Figure series: http://shop.blizzard.com
[right][snapback]58279[/snapback][/right]
heh, the shop is down for me, might be up in a while though, so I can't tell. Honestly though, I don't think I would buy an action figure unless I could do something with it, like in Warhammer where you have to paint it (or leave it silver, but wheres the fun in that?). From what I remember from the Starcraft action figures, I thought they were the coolest thing in the world. Unfortunately, my parents are the cheapest people on the planet when it comes to collectibles and such, so I never got into buying them. Diablo has got to be the coolest of the action figures(I don't know a thing about WC3). Andariel would beat them out if she was made, though I doubt she is. I mean a 10' tall ungulate woman with hair standing straight up and four giant arms with spikes for hands just screams cool.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
nobbie,Oct 26 2004, 05:58 PM Wrote:I'm already looking for "World Of WarCraft" Action Figures. Does anyone know if there's any info out? Isn't there a figure in the upcoming "World Of WarCraft" Collector's Edition package?
No action figures have been announced to come with the WoW CE package. You can see info on what is included here: http://www.gamestop.com/productmerch.asp?groupid=118

I got a Furion Stormrage figure from Best Buy free with WC3, and that's about all the collecting I plan to do...
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
I like to spend my money for "useless" things, even if their sole purpose is to catch some dust over the years :D

The Diablo action figure from the first 2001 "Diablo II" series does look very good (compared to most other Blizzard figures), but I like the Barbarian (with sword and axe) better. I'll take some pics with my digi-cam and post them here later.

I've just got a link to the upcoming line of "World of Warcraft" action figures from Blizzard Entertainment and SOTA Toys, which will include the Tauren Shaman, the Undead Warlock, and the Jungle Troll Voodoo Priest. They all look great, with the Jungle Troll Voodoo Priest being my personal favorite:

http://www.sotatoys.com/prod_wow.htm
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:...line of "World of Warcraft" action figures...

It seems like the term "action figures" is being used too losely these days. Toy figures many years ago used to have no joints that allowed their body parts to move. Eventually figures began to be produced with limited movement in their arms and legs at the shoulders and hips, but still there was little movement. These toys are called "figures" because they were basically posed characters that would just stand there like models.

Not too many years ago producers started to create toys with multiple joints (wrists, elbows, knees, etc) and added ball and socket joints into the mix resulting in toys with great degrees of movement that could be posed in many different ways. To reflect the new style of toys, these were marketed as "action figures" because of their movement. Thus, the term "action figure" applies only to figures like those new spiderman toys where you can nearly move even each finger. These WoW series of figures, as beatiful as they do look, look like stationary models and are not worthy of the action figure title.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
The Blizzard "action figures" - at least the ones I have from the first "Diablo II" series and the "WarCtaft III" series one and two - are actually very limited even in their posings. The "Tichondrius - Undead Dread Lord", for example, can stand on his own in just one single wings/legs/hip position that results in a stable 4-point constellation on the table. Only his hand's and arm's positions can be varied a bit. He looks nevertheless awesome, though. But if we look at such game figures how much "action" is possible with them, I'd say that string-controlled marionette puppets win hands down ;)

Following is the first "Diablo II" 7-inch line of action figures from 2001 (photos of my collection). This is, in my opinion, the best set of action figures that Blizzard has released so far:

[Image: Diablo_II_Series_I_Barbarian.jpg]

[Image: Diablo_II_Series_I_Unraveler.jpg] [Image: Diablo_II_Series_I_Diablo.jpg]
Nice. Diablo looks almost scary, unlike his in-game incarnation. :)

Maybe someone wants to try "clay"mate that sucker and digitize him... :P
nobbie,Oct 26 2004, 02:58 PM Wrote:I'm interested how many Lurkers here collect, or have bought at least one, Blizzard Action Figure. And, whether or not you have one or more, which figures are your favorites? Do you perhaps collect figures from other popular games too, and if, which figures from which game?

Link to the Blizzard Action Figure series: http://shop.blizzard.com

I personally am a BIG fan of those beautifully crafted, very detailed 16/17 cm figures and have bought 8 so far:

From the first "Diablo II" series:

- Diablo
- Unraveler
- 2 Barbarians

I did't find the figures from the second "Diablo II" series (Necromancer, Corrupt Rogue, Baal Minion) that hot, so I skipped those. Especially the Necro looked somehow disappointing compared to the marvelous first series, which is a pity because I'm a huge Diablo Necro fan. The figures from the first "Diablo II" series (Diablo, Unraveler, Barbarian) are already very rare, I think.

From the first and second "WarCraft III" series (not the new mini series):

- Prince Arthas (as Death Knight)
- Shandris Feathermoon (Night Elf Archer (female)) - very sweet looking!
- Tichondrius (Undead Dread Lord) - looks awesome, on par with Diablo's design
- Grom Hellscream (Orc Chieftain)

The StarCraft figures look appealing too, but I'm not much into that game, so I haven't bought one yet.

I'm already looking for "World Of WarCraft" Action Figures. Does anyone know if there's any info out? Isn't there a figure in the upcoming "World Of WarCraft" Collector's Edition package?
[right][snapback]58279[/snapback][/right]

Strange, I never heard of them (Diablo "Action Figures") before. I find this weird because I frequent EBX and my local Comics store (has tons of "figures" such as Spawn) where you'd think they would be displayed.

Well, I don't collect 'figures', but I do collect English translated manga. I'm currently collecting Blade of the Immortal and Berserk (my favorite).
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
This are my 7-inch action figures from the first and second "WarCraft" series. Human "Prince Arthas" (here as Undead Death Knight with the "Frostmourne" Blade after his corruption), Night Elf Archer "Shandris Feathermoon" and Undead Dread Lord "Tichondrius the Darkener" are from the first set of figures, and Orcish Chieftain "Grom Hellscream" is from the second set. This are, in my opinion, the best looking "WarCraft" action figures so far - the "Medivh" and "Dwarven Rifleman" figure from the second set don't look that hot. I wish Blizzard would have added a figure from the Burning Legion like the Demon "Sargeras" or "Mannoroth" (maybe with some phosporescence plastic that glows when it's dark) and the Nigh Elf Moon Priestess "Tyrande Whisperwind" (on her white Tiger) instead. Night Elf Druid "Furion Stormrage" (as 7-inch figure), Human Necromancer "Kel'Thuzad" or the Tauren Chieftain "Cairne Bloodhoof" would have been interesting, too :)

[Image: WarCraft_III_Series_I_Arthas.jpg] [Image: WarCraft_III_Series_I_Shandris.jpg]

[Image: WarCraft_III_Series_I_Tichondrius.jpg] [Image: WarCraft_III_Series_II_Grom.jpg]
A group photo of all my Blizzard figures:

[Image: Blizzard_Action_Figures_SMALL.jpg]

And here are some photos from another Action Figure addict:

http://www.thumpa.net/toys.htm

He currently has about 180 figures. Most of them are still in their boxes as he doesn't have space to display them at the moment, but he will be making special cabinets for them when he renovates his new home.