Bug or cheat
From Atma's Tavern

Summary: TP in ACT I NM shows up in town with Act V destination.

Is this even possible? Cross Act TP? Possibly a dabble into WP-TP code crossing?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Never seen one.
vmxa,Oct 26 2004, 11:14 AM Wrote:Never seen one.
[right][snapback]58242[/snapback][/right]
I tell ya what, its too bad that game was hardcore, or there would be very little reason not to test it out. Then again, its just a game. Ah the wonders of hacking. Its too bad that the drop system in D2 and the gameplay are too repetetive to keep everyone occupied, leaving room for people who have to cheat to have fun.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Nov 1 2004, 12:00 AM Wrote:  Ah the wonders of hacking.  Its too bad that the drop system in D2 and the gameplay are too repetitive to keep everyone occupied, leaving room for people who have to cheat to have fun.
[right][snapback]58767[/snapback][/right]

There are people who have to cheat to have fun no matter what the game. :angry: There were cheats available within an amazingly short time after the introduction of D2. This was not based on anyone's assessment of the drop system or the game play. :blink: It is a game of different sorts, played by the hackers to see if they can do it, fuelled by a demand by those who cannot handle games without them.

And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ShadowHM,Nov 1 2004, 08:58 AM Wrote:There are people who have to cheat to have fun no matter what the game.    :angry:   There were cheats available within an amazingly short time after the introduction of D2.   This was not based on anyone's assessment of the drop system or the game play.   :blink:   It is a game of different sorts, played by the hackers to see if they can do it, fuelled by a demand by those who cannot handle games without them.
[right][snapback]58802[/snapback][/right]
There will always be hackers, just a lot of D2 cheaters came about because they hate certain portions of the game.

Also, if I recall correctly, the servers were down for about the first couple months that d2 was out, so hardly anyone could play. If that's not an invitation for unrest, I don't know what is.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.