Beware
Ok, I guess this is a warning of what I suspect as a new hack on the realms.
I play on USEAST Ladder, and I was playing in act1 nm last night, when another person joined and offered me help. Usually I do not accept party invites, but I did this time. The person was a lvl 55 Necro in Act 5 Town. Now this is the weird part. In act ONE town, there was a town portal open, and its title said Bloody Foothills....in act one...hmmm. He wanted me to take the portal saying he would rush me, which obviously I did not take the tp. I am at work now, and I have a screenshot on my home pc which I will post when I get home. Has this happened to anyone else? How can an act 5 tp be in act 1? Boggles me...just a word of caution I guess.

-mobsta-
[Image: DakkonBlackblade.jpg]

"My power is as vast as the plains, my strength is that of mountains. Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins." - Dakkon Blackblade, Memoirs
AngryMob,Oct 26 2004, 07:46 AM Wrote:Ok, I guess this is a warning of what I suspect as a new hack on the realms.
I play on USEAST Ladder, and I was playing in act1 nm last night, when another person joined and offered me help.  Usually I do not accept party invites, but I did this time.  The person was a lvl 55 Necro in Act 5 Town.  Now this is the weird part.  In act ONE town, there was a town portal open, and its title said Bloody Foothills....in act one...hmmm.  He wanted me to take the portal saying he would rush me, which obviously I did not take the tp.  I am at work now, and I have a screenshot on my home pc which I will post when I get home.  Has this happened to anyone else?  How can an act 5 tp be in act 1?  Boggles me...just a word of caution I guess.

-mobsta-
[right][snapback]58234[/snapback][/right]

I will post a link to this post at the Maggot Lair. This sounds like a bug, could be a cheat.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

I dont believe its a bug, he was really trying to get me to take the tp...of course I play hardcore cuz im so bad ;) and I didnt want to see what was on the other side, probably a lot of bone spirits + TPPK. Anyways, someone else in the game told me he was a pk, so I am guessing some kind of hack / mod. Just be on the look out for strange TP's, and take at your own risk, especially if the only other person in the game is 20+lvls on you.

BTW: The tp seemed like it was created via portal shrine (It had no name, just said Bloody Foothills) just a bit odd...again, ill post screenshot this evening around 5:30 eastern time.

-mobsta

"My power is as vast as the plains, my strength is that of mountains. Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins." - Dakkon Blackblade, Memoirs
Well, Either he could have been hacking, or there is some kind of flaw. Maybe he used this bug to make an act5 tp in act1. Leave the game if you encounter people who do something like that. It could screw up your computer/character/account.
Sorry this is late, here it is...the picture of the bugged / hacked portal, which is in act1. yet leads to the bloody foothills... the pic is not edited, check if you wish. I can not explain it, only that IMO it is surely a hack. Just watch yourselves.

-mobsta-

I like how someone tried to warn me...we need more of them.
[Image: bad-tp.jpg]

Well kudos on not taking the portals and also the other person kind enough to warn you. I think you have learned somewhere in life to not take weird dimensional portals from strangers. :)

But this is indeed some kind of exploit, as the person insisted on you taking the portal, which couldn't have been good.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Yeah, my dimension is enough for me, don't need to travel to any others. The strange thing is I believe that portal would have taken me to a5, just outside of town...you all know what happens next....."Your deeds of honor shall be remembered." yeah.

I know this is OT, but.. is that the current time beneath the game info on the screenshot? How did you make tat appear? I really miss that :o
I wrote a program to display game time, and game time only. I believe some early versions of MH had this (thats where i got the code), but MH is not something I would use, so I took a snippet from the code, useful for transferring (see when u hit the 5 min. mark) I can tell you how to make it if you wish, but I wont do it here, seeing as no one approves of any third party programs, myself included.

AngryMob,Oct 27 2004, 12:19 PM Wrote:I wrote a program to display game time, and game time only.  I believe some early versions of MH had this (thats where i got the code), but MH is not something I would use, so I took a snippet from the code, useful for transferring (see when u hit the 5 min. mark)  I can tell you how to make it if you wish, but I wont do it here, seeing as no one approves of any third party programs, myself included.
[right][snapback]58371[/snapback][/right]
That's why I wish Blizzard would include various options to let you customize your game. Date/time would also rock.

And if you modified your d2 to show date and time without running another program, would that be a 3rd party program?
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
This is the way i see it. The timer is already a part of diablo. just hit /time, and it tells you the current time. so technically im just displaying time based off that information that is already available to everyone. think what you wish. its just a clock.

AngryMob,Oct 27 2004, 03:26 PM Wrote:This is the way i see it.  The timer is already a part of diablo.  just hit /time, and it tells you the current time.  so technically im just displaying time based off that information that is already available to everyone.  think what you wish.  its just a clock.
[right][snapback]58409[/snapback][/right]

I'm just going to sit here for a while until I'm going to read someone going "OMG IF BLIZZARD WANTED YOU TO KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS THEY WOULD HAVE LET YOU." ;)

Despite the fact that this is a third party program, I'd be hard pressed for anyone to suggest how it modifies gameplay in any way. Once again, it's programs and bugs that alter gameplay that violate the rules, not third party programs by themselves, which is why they haven't bothered with d2accelerator.

But uh, knowing the time in game gives you an unfair advantage because you will know how many hours of your life you will have wasted as opposed to those who don't have this mod. :P
Archon_Wing,Oct 27 2004, 06:52 PM Wrote:I'm just going to sit here for a while until I'm going to read someone going "OMG IF BLIZZARD WANTED YOU TO KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS THEY WOULD HAVE LET YOU." ;)

Despite the fact that this is a third party program, I'd be hard pressed for anyone to suggest how it modifies gameplay in any way. Once again, it's programs and bugs that alter gameplay that violate the rules, not third party programs by themselves,  which is why they haven't bothered with d2accelerator.

But uh, knowing the time in game gives you an unfair advantage because you will know how many hours of your life you will have wasted as opposed to those who don't have this mod. :P
[right][snapback]58418[/snapback][/right]

The correct last sentence is "as opposed to those who don't have this feature and are too lazy to get a clock nearby to look at".
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Ah .. I guess I'll have to try to write my own clock. ^_^
No, forget I said that. That would be cheating. It's third-party! :blink:
Then I could actually get to bed before it's 1AM!

Maybe I should just run D2 in a window and use the clock on the taskbar? :o Then I'll be paying for that "advantage" I have over other players :lol:

I wouldn't classify this as cheating though, even if it's third-party. So is D2Accelerator (and the glide wrapper?) and I don't see anyone dissing them. :mellow:

Oh, to get back OT.. That portal really scares me, makes me think that anything is possible with a hack. :angry:

[SIZE=x-small] Edit: Tpyos :unsure:
Don't let the door hit you on the way out ;)

Cheers,

Munk
AngryMob,Oct 26 2004, 06:46 AM Wrote:Ok, I guess this is a warning of what I suspect as a new hack on the realms.
I play on USEAST Ladder, and I was playing in act1 nm last night, when another person joined and offered me help.  Usually I do not accept party invites, but I did this time.  The person was a lvl 55 Necro in Act 5 Town.  Now this is the weird part.  In act ONE town, there was a town portal open, and its title said Bloody Foothills....in act one...hmmm.  He wanted me to take the portal saying he would rush me, which obviously I did not take the tp.  I am at work now, and I have a screenshot on my home pc which I will post when I get home.  Has this happened to anyone else?  How can an act 5 tp be in act 1?  Boggles me...just a word of caution I guess.

-mobsta-
[right][snapback]58234[/snapback][/right]

I don't see how this is possible, even with packets. The way I understand it, you can send the packets to open and take a TP, but that's it. The rest (where the TP shows up in town, distance from you, etc.) is server-side.

Speculation: Perhaps he told the server (using a packet sender) that his TP should be in Act I, and it just linked to where he currently was? But that still dosen't explain how the TP looked like it was cast from a Portal Shrine (no player name). If this is not the case, then I'd speculate on it being a bug or a hoax of some kind.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
It WAS a new hack... although it is patched now. Doing stuff like that is as easy as sending a packet (with a 3rd party program) with the ID of the tp ("sniffed" with a 3rd party program) and the area ID (same) of where you want it to go.

Pretty retarded, actually. The client never sends the particular packet, so anyone that does it is just asking to be banned.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Dozer,Nov 1 2004, 02:18 PM Wrote:It WAS a new hack... although it is patched now. Doing stuff like that is as easy as sending a packet (with a 3rd party program) with the ID of the tp ("sniffed" with a 3rd party program) and the area ID (same) of where you want it to go.

Pretty retarded, actually. The client never sends the particular packet, so anyone that does it is just asking to be banned.
[right][snapback]58835[/snapback][/right]

It's not like script kiddies were ever known for their intelligence. :)
Archon_Wing,Nov 1 2004, 06:13 PM Wrote:It's not like script kiddies were ever known for their intelligence. :)
[right][snapback]58842[/snapback][/right]
What if you want to quit d2, so you turn to trying to get banned to have fun.

Also, I'm interested if that actually took you to the bloody foothills, so you could skip everything and kill the ancients and baal?
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.