Love thy Paladin
Hiya I was just looking for a list of fun pal builds for 1.10. I have heard of a few but not sure on the setup of them.

Thanks for your time
Sirbub
"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mustake"
One of the issues I have is that it is hard to find a good build strat for most characters that are for 1.10.

Many are even before 1.09 and are of limited use will all the changes.
Ah, but there are many good paladin builds in 1.10 (and many good guides too out there on the internet).

One odd but effective build is the Storm Ranger.

20 Holy Shock
20 Holy Freeze
20 Resist Lightning
20 Conviction
(use the last points any way you like).

Use a bow, ideally the Widowmaker for the Guided Arrow, but any bow can do granted it is fast. Use Holy Shock most of the time, but Holy Freeze against Lightning Immunes and very fast monsters.

You'll be suprised how much ass this build kicks.
Little Faith,Oct 24 2004, 08:18 AM Wrote:Ah, but there are many good paladin builds in 1.10 (and many good guides too out there on the internet).
One odd but effective build is the Storm Ranger.

20 Holy Shock
20 Holy Freeze
20 Resist Lightning
20 Conviction
(use the last points any way you like).

Use a bow, ideally the Widowmaker for the Guided Arrow, but any bow can do granted it is fast.  Use Holy Shock most of the time, but Holy Freeze against Lightning Immunes and very fast monsters.
You'll be suprised how much ass this build kicks.
[right][snapback]58029[/snapback][/right]

And for those Lightning Immunes, Wizendraw is a very nice bow for weapon swap.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

I can only say I did not find much that was current for a Druid. Most of the stuff I did see for any character was of little value to a starting character in SP.

Most just said 20 in this and that and use this godly gear. That is not too helpful. It is getting to those levels that is of interest and the gear is just not going to be seen in SP.

The few articles I found that did step through character development we pre 1.09.

Things I recall from pre 1.09 is my barb kicking butt with lots of poison dmg, whoops that got nerfed. Lots of talk about WW barbs, but then it was said that it was not so good after the patches.

They upped monsters and bosses and gave us more runewords in 1.10, but that is of little value to SP players as they will not be finding any rare runes. So they are left with a bit of a boost to synergies and a significant boost to bosses. Not to mention killer FE monsters that are deadly to melee players.

This is just my perspective and may be all wrong.
[quote=vmxa,Oct 23 2004, 09:17 PM]
One of the issues I have is that it is hard to find a good build strat for most characters that are for 1.10.

Many are even before 1.09 and are of limited use will all the changes.

Hi

Just look here :rolleyes:

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...hp?showforum=52

My personal recommendation for an effective Pala who is not item dependent is a pure Shocktrooper: Max Holy Shock, Resist Lightning and Salvation, rest of the points in Zeal and Holy Shield and get him an Act 2 NM Holy Freeze Merc.

Special tip, get a good 4 socket sceptre and put in Holy Thunder, the runes can be found in SP in normal!

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Yes that is one of the better sites.
No offense intended Little Faith, but if you're looking for raw elemental power, it's always more advisable to try out an avenger first. The main problem that's associated with mono-element builds is their lack of versatility.

However, if you're always participating in party's and such, the solo element is usually more appreciated. Bottom line though, that the three best and current builds for aspiring paladins are Blessed Hammerdins (due to their amazing PvP abilities), Zealots (particularly due to the large community and useful places to find information), and Avengers (Awesome PvM power! - but hard to effectively build)

Yeah... <_<
MikethemizJR,Oct 24 2004, 08:58 PM Wrote:No offense intended Little Faith, but if you're looking for raw elemental power, it's always more advisable to try out an avenger first. The main problem that's associated with mono-element builds is their lack of versatility.

However, if you're always participating in party's and such, the solo element is usually more appreciated. Bottom line though, that the three best and current builds for aspiring paladins are Blessed Hammerdins (due to their amazing PvP abilities), Zealots (particularly due to the large community and useful places to find information), and Avengers (Awesome PvM power! - but hard to effectively build)

Yeah... <_<
[right][snapback]58056[/snapback][/right]

I believe the thread was about FUN builds, not POWERFUL ones.

Can't really offer any SP advice, but as far as parties are concerned, there's plenty of fun to be had. The MadOnion's Cleric build (linked to in several places already on the Lounge) is fun for a supporting character, as is my own "Auradin" build, which pretty much ignores the combat skills in favor of busting out the right aura for the task at hand. Note that neither of these characters are particularly effective as solo fighters.