New to the board need averger help
Hello all

I was just looking for all around advice for a avenger pall. At the moment I have just started and wanted to know what 1h and or 2h would work. I like the fact that the 2h damage is a lot better but wondering if it is going to be able to keep me alive in later lvls. Also in 1.10 can you still flash things like convicsion and go back to Fan/veng.

Thanks for you help
Sirbub
"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mustake"
There is no aura-flashing in 1.10.
In NM it is -40 to resist and in Hell it is -100. This is going to make a pally long for one of those nice shields.
vmxa,Oct 23 2004, 05:15 PM Wrote:In NM it is -40 to resist and in Hell it is -100. This is going to make a pally long for one of those nice shields.
[right][snapback]58001[/snapback][/right]

One of the things I do is I have a 2h on one set and a 1h &shield on the other for those times I need the resist.

Sirbub
"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mustake"
Resist isn't the only purpose of a shield - blocking keeps you alive much longer than a high AC ever will because a number of 1.10 enemies ignore your AC (but not your block%). And the defense-ignoring enemies are often the ones with the highest damage per hit in the general area.

Hence the primary reason I really don't care for melee builds that forsake shields these days.
I am pretty fond of avengers so I can give a bit of help.
For the weapon, you might consider a beast legendary mallet/ an ethereal beast phase blade, a famine legendary mallet, glimmershred, Baranars star (until you get something better), or a different rare weapon. And, if you can get them, try to use rainbow facets. They are a great boon for any avenger.

Armor, well, you will probably want something which has good defense and good mods for an avenger.

I do not know that much about your stat point spread, but even though an avenger might seem like he needs lots of mana, he doesn't. Try to get your mana and attack rating from charms or items, and focus stats on strength and Vitality.
MikethemizJR,Oct 25 2004, 06:40 PM Wrote:an ethereal beast phase blade
[right][snapback]58171[/snapback][/right]

Such a thing does not exist.