Dance Dance Revolution
Not sure if this has been posted here in the past, but I had to give you guys a link to this...

http://users.ev1.net/~pheris/wow/movies/ddrwow.wmv

Enjoy. B)
See you in Town,
-Z
*giggle*

That was great. The best way to get my attention in a thread is to include the words "Dance Dance Revolution".
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
My stomach hurts from laughing. Good thing I was wearing my Depends! :lol:

Thanks!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Back in my Starcraft days, I would hate Use Map Settings maps that would try to emulate another game. Resident Evil, Diablo II, Alien vs Predator, Half Life, and many many others were Starcraft maps based on games. I would usually join to tell them to stop being such losers and play the real game.
Ooga chaka ooga chaka...

That was great.

Edit: the dwarf needed whatever that Russian style is called, I can't remember.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
unrealshadow13,Oct 22 2004, 04:53 PM Wrote:Back in my Starcraft days, I would hate Use Map Settings maps that would try to emulate another game. Resident Evil, Diablo II, Alien vs Predator, Half Life, and many many others were Starcraft maps based on games. I would usually join to tell them to stop being such losers and play the real game.
[right][snapback]57953[/snapback][/right]

Allright, admittedly I've not been Lurking as much as I did in previous years... but should I have some fire and acid onhand for unrealshadow13?
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Oct 22 2004, 04:56 PM Wrote:Allright, admittedly I've not been Lurking as much as I did in previous years... but should I have some fire and acid onhand for unrealshadow13?
[right][snapback]57959[/snapback][/right]

A little piece of reference for you. This is Lemming's position on a certain member after about a month of his trolling antics (the full thread is here):

Lemming:
Quote:
Quote:Unrealshadow13:
Zippy joined this forum this month. The month isn't even half over. He's new in my book.

Look at my account: Forum Member: 03. Joined: Feb 9 2003, 09:05 PM.

Your logic would indicate we've only had forums since Feb 2003. What you don't know, since you've not been around for very long, is that the Lounge has had forums for far longer than Feb 2003. We've had different forum software over the years, and accounts from one software package don't transfer to the new software. (Lounge forums were even on Network54 at one point.)

As you can imagine, Lurkers don't necessarily stick around from year to year to year. Sometimes people go away for awhile. The difference in experience between someone ancient, like me, and someone relatively new, like you, is that I can recognize people -- good and bad -- from ages past. Since the Lounge isn't the only Diablo forum I browse, I can also recognize posters from other forums and use that knowledge to know whether I should watch someone closely or feel comfortable with them posting here.

Those poems are about me? That's kind of messed.

That you don't understand the poems are about you further indicates the root of your problems here: comprehension. The way you say things matters. One of the things that makes posters think you're a troll is that you consistently say things in the worst possible way. For instance:

In my opinion, America kind of deserved 9/11. We've been killing lots of people in other countries a lot, and undeserved in most situations (IMO). Obviously those particular people who died in 9/11 didn't deserve it, but did all of those civilians we killed in Vietnam and Desert Storm deserve death? I thought that we should have just taken the attacks in stride, and tighten our defenses.

Posted: Sep 11 2004 in "9/11 coverup?"

You say "America deserved 9/11," but attempt to disclaim that by saying "those particular people who died didn't deserve it." You can't disclaim it that way, because you can't have it both ways. Either America "deserves 9/11" or it doesn't deserve to have its civillian populace attacked. Your phrasing was ambiguous, what you said sounded terrible, and out of 365 possible days of the year, you said it on the very worst one. And yet you can't comprehend why people think you're a troll.

A far less inflammatory way of saying something similar: "an attack on America was karmic." This phrasing does not endorse an attack on civillians, or attacks period, it says "What can you expect when you threat the world this way?" You'll still get disagreement, but I doubt as many posters would view such phrasing as trollish.

Quote:UnrealShadow13:

Posted: Aug 15 2004 in "Gay Marriage"

Gays help keep the population in check by not reproducing, and then dying by aides, or becoming victims to hate crimes. I think they fill a needed niche in society, and should be allowed to marry.

Homophobes don't seem to think so, so that is the only argument I could think of that homophobes could relate to.

Your first comment would be awful even if you prefixed it with "For those that hate gays, ..." There was simply no way of disclaiming such an inflammatory comment. And if you honestly thought your comment wouldn't sound like the most horrible thing posted in the entire thread, you really don't comprehend how what you say affects other people. I was gritting my teeth not to ban you.

It's because of posts like the few I quoted that whenever I check the Lounge, I personally look for any new posts made by you just to make sure you haven't said anything that needs editing. In other words, your posts draw so much attention at least one moderator has to babysit you. In the past month, numerous Lurkers have publicly voiced complaints about you. Your presence on this forum is highly disruptive.

Do you see where this is going? That's right. It's going toward the ban-stick. I've got it all charged up and it would give me some sadistic pleasure to pop you with it and leave a big bloody skidmark where your account used to be. So, don't mistake what follows for benevolence.

Consider yourself on probationary status. Your challenge, until I say otherwise, is to avoid saying trollish things. If the only way you know to do that is to not post every little thing that comes to mind, then that's what you'll have to do. And you know what? That might even help you. Contemplate before posting. Discard posts if you need to. And when you do post, write as if you're writing for other people. If something sounds inflammatory, try to say it a different way.

And here's a challenge to other Lurkers: You think he's a troll? For every post you think is trollish, PM me. That's all you need to do. Even if the post doesn't bear editing, if it's trollish, PM me. But don't reply to him. This way, the trollish posts get less attention, and we don't have quite so many threads that unravel into musings on Unreal's motives.

And what am I going to do with all those PMs? That'll remain classified. For now, it's time to take this mess behind the scenes. No more flames.

QUOTE(Robert Frost)
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

This shall end in ice.

-Lemmy

Hope that helps.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
This has nothing to do with the topic. How do StarCraft maps that you don't like relate in any twisted form to the little movie? Your logic (and lack thereof) fails me.

The video is supposed to be funny. I think it's hilarious the Blizzard still puts little "easter eggs" like these into their games. What do StarCraft mods based on other games have anything to do with dancing characters in a videogame. It's not a mod, it's the game itself. Please, stay away from the keyboard, unplug your ethernet cable from the phone jack and uninstall Windows.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
I would say my favorite was the Human! The only downside for me was that a few of the screens were too dark to see without me squinting about 3 centimeters from the screen! :)
WWBBD?
Human was cool. Orc, Tauren, and Orc were also great in my opinion. too bad the dwarf didn't have anything.

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Hah. Almost everyone who played Starcraft (or almost any competitive game) a little and "pwned a few n00bs" thinks that they are some kind of expert at the game when they really aren't. This kind of false pride leads them to condemn whoever they consider to be "noobs" which leads to tragic results. Truth is they themselves could be considered unskilled by other people. Perhaps Custom map players may not have much "skillz" when it comes down to the melee part, but really, fun is where you find it.

P.S. Love to the Orc rapper.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
pakman,Oct 22 2004, 09:49 PM Wrote:This has nothing to do with the topic. How do StarCraft maps that you don't like relate in any twisted form to the little movie? Your logic (and lack thereof) fails me.
[right][snapback]57968[/snapback][/right]
That was my reaction but then it dawned on me that he meant to reply to Armin's thread about a Diablo mod for Neverwinter Nights over in Griswold's shop. Of course, this then raises the question of how a reply intended to be there ended up here? :blink:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Oct 23 2004, 12:00 AM Wrote:That was my reaction but then it dawned on me that he meant to reply to Armin's thread about a Diablo mod for Neverwinter Nights over in Griswold's shop.  Of course, this then raises the question of how a reply intended to be there ended up here?  :blink:
[right][snapback]57976[/snapback][/right]

I'm wondering if the surfs the board in multiple windows and replied in the wrong window.
If that is the case, then I reserve my scathing comments for another time. It can be an honest mistake.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Archon_Wing,Oct 22 2004, 10:57 PM Wrote:This kind of false pride leads them to condemn whoever they consider to be "noobs" which leads to tragic results. Truth is they themselves could be considered unskilled by other people.  Perhaps Custom map players may not have much "skillz" when it comes down to the melee part, but really, fun is where you find it.

Reminds me of real life :P .

Quote:P.S. Love to the Orc rapper.
[right][snapback]57975[/snapback][/right]

Agreed :D . Although I must say I also enjoy the night elves.

My only qualm is how could he not have though of music for the obviously russian dancing gnome? Pfft!

Cheers,

Munk
My comments are still valid, so no need to retract them. :P

Useless Disclaimer: As always in posts regarding these matters, I exagerrate, so if you're offended tough cookies! And no, I'm not giving you any cookies. And no, I don't care if reading this post interferred with any bodily function. By reading this post, you agree to the above terms and you also owe me a 16 ounce steak. With sauce of course. This disclaimer is void eveywhere except Antarctica, so it sucks to be a penguin.

On the other hand, I will say that some of you are too fast to jump him. True, most of it is really deserved but some of it makes me chuckle. Then of course, past impressions are a big deal. :)

And truth be told, I used to judge some people and label them as newbies, but I was the real "noob." :D It's true that I still consider the "standard" melee combat game against humans to be an indicator at skill at that game, but really, who cares? Does being a "gosu" starcraft or warcraft gamer get anything on your resume? If you call people losers because they play the game in a certain way, I doubt they are the real losers. ;) If someone said "I pwnz0r yuo in sc cuz i rulz 7vs 1 comp teh fastest" that's another story. But that's bragging or insulting based on one's nonexistent skills, which is the only thing that bothers me.

Btw imagine:

Resume:
Skills: l33t h4xor, talking trash on interet forums, mad skillz, average actions per minute for each game: 317, eating pizza at a incomprehensible rates. Butchering the englis Languag!!!11111111

Accomplishments and Experience: 7307-43-7400 Starcraft Record (ladder rating 9999), Level 61 Random team/ wc3, 3 accounts worth of level 99 characters, #19 on the Useast ladder, 1709 ears, 43 uber g0dly uniques, 52 bans from forums Also, I don't play custom games like those losers! Graduated from Middle School

;)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Archon_Wing,Oct 23 2004, 05:48 PM Wrote:
Useless Disclaimer: As always in posts regarding these matters, I exagerrate, so if you're offended tough cookies! And no, I'm not giving you any cookies.  And no, I don't care if reading this post interferred with any bodily function. By reading this post, you agree to the above terms and you also owe me a 16 ounce steak. With sauce of course. This disclaimer is void eveywhere except Antarctica, so it sucks to be a penguin. 

[right][snapback]58008[/snapback][/right]

Really bad pun: You don't need to void the disclaimer, I'll personally deliver the 16 ounce steak to your house and bring a hammer to pound it into your body. :o

Anyway, like you guys are saying, there's more to the games than winning all the time. A lot of the fun I get from games is actually making up new stastics, techtrees, terrain types, types of games, and in general making up new ideas for games. I have notebooks full of this stuff.

Just some poetry.

Chaerophon,Oct 22 2004, 10:16 PM Wrote:A little piece of reference for you.  This is Lemming's position on a certain member after about a month of his trolling antics.

Re-reading my post brought more beautiful poetry to mind. I thought I'd share.

Go Gentle Into That Good Night Wrote:  Post garbage and sh!te to incite fight.
  Your feeble words convey no mind to sway.
  Troll, troll the forums of this good website.

Though mods at their end know a ban is right.
  Your offal has crossed no guidelines; they say,
  "Post not garbage onto this good website."

Lurkers, by waves, decry your posts as blight.
  Their frail deeds stay not one asanine bray.
  Disclaim, disclaim 'gainst their vehement bites.

L33t grammar and slang most unerudite,
  However unlearned, you must have a say.
  Post trash, byte by byte, onto this good site.

Wreathed in flame on a pillar in the night.
  Fantazie they of your flagrant last day.
  Hazaa, hazaa! for the end of the wight.

And you, darling troll, there 'neath the bridge might
  Curse me, in l33t, with your fierce tears, I pray.
  Now banned, go gentle into that good night.
  Rage, rage against the banning from the site.

--Dylan Thomas

He was just too disruptive. When Lurkers like Zarathustra poke their heads in, see one of his posts, and have to ask why they just stepped in elephant dung, it's time we swept it out.

-Lemmy
LemmingofGlory,Oct 23 2004, 11:44 PM Wrote:Just some poetry.
[right][snapback]58017[/snapback][/right]

That was beautiful. I need a tissue :(
Quote:He was just too disruptive. When Lurkers like Zarathustra poke their heads in, see one of his posts, and have to ask why they just stepped in elephant dung, it's time we swept it out.

Lozl. n00b = pwned by Lemming.

I giggled with delight on hearing the news. Merci beaucoup. B)
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II