:slaps self: Where do screenshots go?
Sorry, I know this question has probbably been asked a million times before:

I know if I hit the "Print Screen", it will take a picture of whats on screen in Diablo II, but what I forgot is 'where' the picture goes. I just don't remember. If anyone would tell me, I would be very grateful.

Thanks for replies ahead of time.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
The clipboard.
vmxa Wrote:The clipboard.
*Buzz* Wrong.

Screenshots are saved as .jpg files in your main Diablo II install directory. The filename will be "Screenshotnnn.jpg" where nnn will be a number like 001, 002, etc.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
vmxa,Oct 20 2004, 09:50 PM Wrote:The clipboard.
[right][snapback]57840[/snapback][/right]

LoL, that may be true, but I answered my own question just now.

I hit Print Screen multiple times then went searching threw my directories to find the pictures and low-and-behold... right there in the D2 directory! Duh, who would of thought, right? :blink:

Sorry about that guys <_< . I should have done a thorough search before posting.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Grayloch,Oct 20 2004, 11:20 PM Wrote:
vmxa Wrote:The clipboard.
*Buzz* Wrong.

Screenshots are saved as .jpg files in your main Diablo II install directory. The filename will be "Screenshotnnn.jpg" where nnn will be a number like 001, 002, etc.

-G.
[right][snapback]57842[/snapback][/right]

Actually, if you want to get technical, the screenshots are saved in the current working directory. This is usually, but not necessarily, the same as the D2 install directory.
While I did not know the game would put the screens in the directory, none the less they are in the clipboard.

Open paint and do a paste and you will see it. I do not like apps putting anything in any directory without my direction.

Of course I would not use print screen anyway to capture screen shots as I want total control. I would use Hypersnap or Irfanview.

So even if you are not running DiabloII, print screen will put the output in the clip board.