Help with weapon choice
Hi folks ,

I fancied making a Paladin and went the way of the Zealot , I really need some advice on a suitable weapon for him , atm I use a +2 skills Astreons Unique Caudecus . I have been told that the Crescent moon runeword is ok for a Zealot , cheap to make , I do have the runes for this , but unsure has to what to make the runeword in , axe , sword , phase blade , cryptic ? On the other hand someone said the runeword was no good and to use gris's weapon ? I looked at this weapon and dont "get it" , there is nothing much to this weapon compared to the crescent runeword , am I missing something ? or just bad advice . Also I would like to know any other that is suitable , even if its not affordable , it will be handy information for future use . Thanks .

Take care
Take care
Hi

Crescent Moon is very good if you use Holy Shock as your attack aura, personally I would suggest using a phase blade.

good karma

P.S. Crescent Moon does't break LIs
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Thanks

I dont use Holy shock so does that rule out Crescent moon ?

Take care
Take care
Hi

Crescent Moon is used by ShockZealots because it reduces lightning res by 35%, so if you don't use Holy Shock it is not ideal ;) even though it also has ITD.

If you play a pure zealot (no elemental auras) the weapon of choice is Baranars or Famine, but other items ,e.g. Ginthers Rift, can be fun.

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Assur,Oct 20 2004, 09:28 PM Wrote:Hi

Crescent Moon is used by ShockZealots because it reduces  lightning res by 35%, so if you don't use Holy Shock it is not ideal ;) even though it also has ITD.

If you play a pure zealot (no elemental auras) the weapon of choice is Baranars or Famine, but other items ,e.g. Ginthers Rift, can be fun.

good karma
[right][snapback]57829[/snapback][/right]

While the -35% enemy lightning resistance is perhaps the most significant one for shockadins, it's certainly not the only one on Crescent Moon:

Works on: Axe, Sword, Polearm
-35% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
Ignores Target's Defense
+180-220% Enhanced Damage
+9-11 Magic Absorb
Level 18 Summon Spirit Wolf (30 Charges)
7% Chance to cast level 13 Static Field on striking
10% Chance to cast level 17 Chain Lightning on striking
+20% Increased Attack Speed (from Shael)
+25% Chance of Open Wounds (from Um)
+2 to Mana after each Kill (from Tir)

The chance to cast static field, the OW, the ED, and the ITD are all significant. So it's not a bad weapon even for non-shockadins.
Thanks for the replies

I have been playing the pure zealot so no holy shock for me . Famine looks great but a little expensive for me . I have been using Baranars in switch for PI's . I have a ginthers hanging around too somewhere . I think now its just a case of finding that 3 socket Phase blade . Cheers .

Take care
Take care
As far as versatility's concerned, I've been known to take advantage of the -35% resist by giving Crescent Moon to a lightning Iron Wolf - and yeah, that does jack up his damage a fair bit. The magic absorb doesn't hurt either.

The biggest edge for a zealot or other fast-attack character with Crescent Moon is the combination of ITD and CTC-Static. That's going to sting for anything other than LI monsters.
Yeah I think I will try it out , biggest hurdle atm is this 3 socket Phase blade , I have been Hell Pitting with my low MF Amazon for quite some time , I'm probably in the wrong area though :P

Take care
Take care
What's not to like about your Astreon's Ward? Nicely fast, can easily hit 5fpa with a Shael & a 20IAS glove... very nice Magic Dmg, which many monsters are not resistant to & applied 5x per second with said 5fpa... very decent Crushing Blow perfect for zealots... some Slow Target, a hefty AR boost.

However, Crescent Moon's SField is *big*... slvl 13 is pretty much all of the 600x800 screen (minus the corners)... it's pretty close to mass Crushing Blow, but you keep your sanity.

My vote goes to Astreon's, as you can tell ;)
-- Ryan
Between GW2, AirMech, Firefall and Torchlight 2, who has time for gaming? Smile
Well that pleases me I actually got something right with using Astreons , probably only used it because my sorc found it and it was better than what I was using and not because knew what I was doing . Oh and I just found Laying of Hands set gloves last night , but as yet have not tried them , should be a good combo :)

Take care
Take care
Hi Raven Vale,

as I found you here talking about paladin items I just couldn't resist.
Remember the magic find debate? The thread where you said that you did 2000 runs and were willing to repeat them, carefully writing down your findings?
I'm just curious. Did anything in that destination happen?

If yes, then I guess we all would like to see the results.
If no, then I shall hereby encourage you again to do them!

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Yup , that will start shortly . I have had a very busy few months , iirc that was just before the ladder reset , I wanted to make a new character for the ladder so that slowed me down . Then I had a childrens CD rom to complete , hundreds of sketches which took a few months to get finished . Then I started US East from Europe , have my sorc at a reasonable level with full Tals set , which took some doing , not knowing anyone and playing from scratch . Last but certainly in no way least my 4 year old daughter took ill , she is an identical twin and at the time we where close to losing her , due to inability to diagnose a burst appendix in 4 days , 2 of those spent in an hospital , I had spent some weeks living in the hospital waiting for her to recover . I am pleased to say she is almost herself right now , allbeit a little on the thin side , she lost a lot of weight . Poor thing also spent her 5th Birthday in there . We put her marvellous recovery down to her twin sister , from the moment she saw her , after laying and staring into space for eight days , she was a changed person , sat up laughed , played , a totally different person . Go Go twin power . So yes , once I figure out what I'm doing I will do those runs , I will have to find the thread and see exactly whats needed , then I
will plan them out :)

Edited : Hit enter halfway through :P
Take care

If you want my opinion, the crescent moon should either go in the most powerful wepaon you have or the phase blade. The reason thephase blade is a good idea is because phase blades are naturally indestructible, and they attack quickly for decent damage. Otherwise get a powerful 1-handed weapon which haas at least "fast" atk speed.